Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hades II - roguelike dungeon crawler sequel

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
9iKkbCo.jpg

Theodora

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1145350/view/3628242853594657531

Hades II: Coming to Steam Early Access!

We are so excited to announce
Hades II
, our studio's fifth game and first-ever sequel! Meet the Princess of the Underworld in our 4K reveal trailer, which premiered tonight at The Game Awards:

Coming to Early Access
Like its predecessor,
Hades II
will be available in Early Access here on Steam for some time leading up to its full v1.0 launch. Add
Hades II
to your wishlist for a handy reminder when the time comes:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1145350/Hades_II?snr=1_2108_9__2107
Feedback from our player community through the course of development was foundational to the design and vital to the quality of the original game, so we plan to reprise that type of process with
Hades II
. Expect more information about our Early Access sometime in 2023.

About the Game
In
Hades II
, you'll battle beyond the Underworld using dark sorcery to take on the sinister Titan of Time in an all-new, action-packed, endlessly replayable experience rooted in the Underworld of Greek myth and its deep connections to the dawn of witchcraft.

81224930018203bed49a9d7be18f4c61c844f059.jpg

This is a direct sequel taking place sometime after the events of the original game. No prior knowledge of the original
Hades
is needed, though there are plenty of connections!

As Melinoë, the immortal Princess of the Underworld, you'll explore a bigger, deeper mythic world, vanquishing the Titan's forces with the full might of Olympus behind you, in a sweeping story that continually unfolds through your every setback and accomplishment. New locations, challenges, upgrade systems, and surprises await as you delve into the ever-shifting Underworld again and again.

f9466100a3f75cf5ce6f5cdb757575b0c8e1a57d.jpg

Like her brother Zagreus from the original game, Melinoë is not a character of our own invention, and is based on an ancient Underworld deity thought to be related to Hades. What little ancient mythology exists about her was more than enough to make us want to explore her story and connection to her family, and in so doing, expand on our vision of the Underworld!

For more details, check our
Hades II FAQ
. Please note, much like with our past titles, we plan to leave many details for you to discover!

About Supergiant Games
We are a small independent game studio based in San Francisco, CA. Since 2009, we have strived to make games that spark your imagination like the games you played as a kid.

925e19f4df3fa9b443a880363ca7b78eb386e89a.jpg

We now have more than 20 people on our team (a few more than on the original
Hades
), including all seven of the original members of the team that created our first game,
Bastion
, who have worked together in their respective roles on all our games ever since.

We work on one main new game project at a time, and
Hades II
is that project for the foreseeable future. The original
Hades
earned more than 70 Game of the Year awards following its v1.0 launch in 2020, and grew into our most successful game. Now, we are doing our best to make a sequel that lives up to its predecessor, and stands strong on its own merits.

Your generous support is the reason we've been able to stick together as a team all this time, so thank you very much for believing in us and for your patience as we develop this game!

Last edited:

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
I am both hype because Hades is a fucking 10/10 masterpiece but also kinda disappointed because I think sequels are kinda lame

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
That's an unbelievably retarded reason to be disappointed

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I am both hype because Hades is a fucking 10/10 masterpiece but also kinda disappointed because I think sequels are kinda lame
No it was not, it was a good 8/10 max rogue-lite that was way too easy but a good introduction to the genre for noobs.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.supergiantgames.com/blog/hades-ii-development-update/

HADES II Development Update​

Back when we first revealed Hades II at The Game Awards in 2022, we said to expect more information on our plans for Early Access sometime in 2023. It's time we shed some light on those plans!

Early Access Starts Next Year​

We now can confirm we're planning for Hades II to launch in Early Access in Q2 2024 on Steam and the Epic Games Store. We'll have more details on the exact date, pricing, and system requirements closer to that time.

Thank you for your patience as we gear up for this launch! You may be wondering, why can't we launch in Early Access, like, right now?! The game looked pretty far along in the first trailer! The reason is, Hades II will have at least as much content from day one in Early Access as the original game did back when it launched in Early Access on Steam. And, even though Early Access inherently means a game is not yet complete, we still want to do everything we can to make sure Hades II is worth your while as soon as you can play it in any capacity.

You can add Hades II to your wishlist on Steam or the Epic Games Store and join our email mailing list to find out as soon as our Early Access is available.

Prior to That: The Hades II Technical Test​

Also in Q2 2024, shortly before we launch in Early Access, we're going to run a technical test with a limited sample of players. The purpose of this test will be to find and solve any technical or compatibility issues we might have missed, to ensure anyone who tries Hades II in Early Access can have a smooth play experience. To that end, this technical test will contain much less content than what's in store for the Early Access launch, and likely be limited only to a relatively small subset of players who express interest in participating. We'll announce more details about the Hades II Technical Test closer to when it's ready.

More About Early Access & Beyond​

Early Access was vitally important to the entire idea behind the original Hades -- we decided it would be an Early Access game before deciding literally anything else about it, such as the Underworld setting. We've approached development of Hades II knowing Early Access will be no less important this time, though now knowing a bit more of what to expect from Early Access development, as well as more about what a Hades game needs to be. We believe the timeframe we're planning for will be the "sweet spot" where the game is far enough along that player feedback won't mostly consist of stuff we already know isn't there yet, but isn't so far along that it's too late in development for us to act on the feedback we receive.

Similar to how we approached Early Access with the original, following our Hades II Early Access launch, we'll have several Major Updates adding the rest of the game's core content and refining what's there based on player feedback. The story will expand with each update, as we introduce more characters, and deepen relationships with existing ones. This process will culminate in our v1.0 launch, which will feature the conclusion to the story and any other finishing touches.

We don't yet know exactly how long it will take us to get to v1.0 of Hades II, as our experience developing in Early Access has taught us (among many things) to expect the unexpected. For now, our focus is to keep building core content -- environments, characters, weapons, Boons, story events, music, and more -- as we gear up for our Technical Test and Early Access launch in Q2 this coming year. Thank you again for your patience and support as we work to ensure our first sequel meets our standards, and hopefully yours, too!

Note: For all the latest details we can share about Hades II, please check our Hades II FAQ.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Is Transistor actually good, gameplay wise?

Hades is the only game from them I was able to really get into. Bastion felt ugly, gimmicky and clunky. Dropped Pyre because I had no patience for a VN at the time. Could go back though.

I'll definitely play Hades 2 when it comes out. Just to see how they change things.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Is Transistor actually good, gameplay wise?
Transistor is the developer's best game in terms of gameplay, being fundamentally a single-character tactics game with some character customization, although one's enjoyment will be dependent on one's appreciation of its aesthetics and music.

Ivan

Arcane
Putting my $ down b/c I know I'll enjoy it, but I won't play until it's fully baked, looks like early 2025.

Learned
It's not a timed Epic exclusive this time? Why would that be?

PlayerEmers

Educated
The roguelike aspect of the first game was kinda weak for me.
I don't have a reason to play the early access of the second game when story part is incomplete and the roguelike part is probably just as "ok" was the first game

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Would be a bit more interested in this if they weren't bending over backwards to appease the dangerhair squad. A large part of the appeal of the first game was the humour and charm of the dialogue. I can't see that surviving an overhaul from the DEI team.

abija

Prophet
Iirc the devs are part of the dangerhair squad. Hades 1 was pozzed as fuck at least.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom