Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gwent: The Witcher Card game - standalone Gwent game - now with Rogue Mage standalone expansion

v1rus

Arcane
Tried playing it yesterday; got some t3 scoiatel deck from the net, crafted it with my vast amount of dust scrap, played two games... And I loved it. Ill never vforgive them reducing rows, or adding active abilities or such, but I really enjoyed the games I had; dunno, perhaps it was just nostalgia glasses looking at that lovely 2017 summer where I played beta 24/7. Such a shame that game does not exist.

Otoh, sadly, I doubt I'll be playing anymore of it. Not because the game isnt receiving any support, idgaf about that, and my undying optimism assures the game will remain playable... its just that, if I ever decided to have a game of Gwent again, I'd love to play with the set that was in game from the start - since thats the set that included almost all most iconic characters. I glanced over meta decks now, and old sets have been powercrept to hell and back, I barely recognize any names there. And half the fun of gwent for me was slamming that Dijkstra down, because noone ever expects a fucking Dijkstra.

I did love my time spent with this game, and I'm kinda sad what happened to it. Sadly, from my experience, its a real PITA to play multiple collectible card games at the same moment, thus I'm still sucking Blizzards nipple on the Hearthstone tit, but I gave up on MTGA like... two years ago? Dunno how I'd manage three card games. Still, sad when the game dies, lets just hope its playable. That Eric Langs "card" game, Duelyst or whatever, seemed curious, shame it literally became unplayable... only to get a resurrection that caused such a scandal I'm afraid to check out whats been happening with it. Lets hope Gwent does not face the destiny.

Still, my revisit, albeit short, was sweet, really. I loved playing my old bros Isengrim and Yaevinn (felt weird playing him on my own row tho ;) ) again. And... I seem to be forgetting something... Oh, yeah
THIS IS ELVEN LAND DH'OINE, UPON WHICH YOUR KIND DIES.

Oh well. See ya when they try to make a modern CCG out of Arcomage.

Last edited:
Yeah Gwent was fun, but I played it last 2 years ago or so. I managed to make a functional Nilfgaard deck, even though the meta strongly advices against it. It was lock based iirc. I'd play it but they market it to the chinese now. Had no idea it wasn't receiving support.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom