Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guild Wars is FULL OF JERKS!!! (Warning: Spoilers in Thread)

whitemithrandir

Erudite
The more and more I play guild wars, the more and more I realize how every single character in the plot is a jerk. Yes, you heard me, EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

Let's start, shall we?

1. Gwen. Boo hoo, she lost her flute, so she wants you to get it, and you do. What's your reward? Having an annoying little whining infant follow you around.

2. Prince Rurik: God what a major bumhole. First of all, he's annoying, constantly shouting stuff like "FOR RIN!!!" or something while he fights with you. Then, he thinks he's the great prince and everything, and thinks he's always right. That's arrogance for you. THEN, when he argues with the King about where to lead the people, he doesn't even BOTHER explaining to his dad why he thinks the way he thinks. Instead, he pretty much tells to his dad's face "You're stupid. I'm right." Speaking of which...

3. King Adelburn: YOU BANNED YOUR SON FROM YOUR OWN COUNTRY YOU JERK! No really, that's some serious dickery right there. Alright, so your country is in ruins, your cities are on FIRE, there's freaking scorpions everywhere, and you split up your leadership over a few words? WTF?!! Plus, it's YOUR OWN SON! How did this guy become king? He's a total jerk!

4. The player: Yes, YOU. The character you play. That's right, your Drizzt D'orden or whatever you named him, is a jerk also. So the Prince, whom you've been fighting with FOR A LONG TIME is crushed under a limb. That's right. A LIMB. It's not even a big tree, just a small branch or something, (or it could be a rock, I forget, but it was something really small) and there are FOUR OF YOU standing right there, one of which is a BIG TOUGH MUSCULAR warrior and the rest possess powerful magic. Do you go help him? No. You just leave and let him die. WTF?

5. The White Mantle: Yeah, these guys are obviously jerks, since it turns out they actually kill people and laugh about it. Too bad, though.

6. Glint: Fast forward past all the stupid white mantle stuff, since they're all jerks, we see Glint: the dragon seer. First, why the hell did she make me fight through 6 hostile environments full of things trying to kill us? WE'RE CHOSEN, AND SHE KNOWS IT!!! Alright, so it's obviously a test, but come on, we wouldn't be there if WE DIDN'T ASCEND! So it's clear the whole thing is just a plot to make us feel miserable while she laughs and watches. Ha-ha funny... NOT. Jerk.

7. The Seer: Infuse your armor? Okay, kindly kill that big thing over there and bring me his essense. You know, this guy is obviously a Jerk. Firstly, he's sharing the SAME CAVE with those things that tried to kill you not a minute ago. Secondly, he's suppose to be this being of GREAT POWER (oooh) and yet he doesn't even help you kill the big thing next door. He just stands there and watches, amused. What a jerk.

8. Evennia: She is the biggest jerk of all. Firstly, she's stupid enough to get captured. Secondly, when you rescue her, Saidra offers to sacrifice herself and you don't hear a single "NO DONT DO IT!" out of Evennia. In fact, it looks like she's got a bemused grin on her face. Afterwards, long after Saidra is DEAD, she howls to the gods about the loss of Saidra and makes all sorts of grand speeches. YOU KNOW WHY SHE DIED? SHE DIED BECAUSE YOU WERE A HEARTLESS JERK, jerk.

9. Saidra: She's not so much a jerk as stupid. "OOOH, I'll sacrifice my life to buy you guys a precious TWO SECONDS even though you can outrun them easily and my sacrifice is totally pointless, but I'm so full of myself that I'm going to do it anyway, even though it's probably more beneficial to the people if I lived." Plus, if she didn't spend such a long time TALKING about her heroism, all of us would have enough time to escape AND have a cup of tea afterwards. Stupid. Jerk.

10. The Henchmen: They're the biggest jerks of all. The henchies are all jerks, especially Stefan. They don't care if they die, so they find every oppertunity they can to destroy your chances of completing the mission, such as running and aggroing 5 mobs at once. Alesia spends more time whacking the enemy than healing the guy that's about to die.

Those are the major jerks in the storyline. There are many many lesser jerks. In fact, there's not a SINGLE character in Guild Wars that does not share a quality of jerk-ness. Yes, even those without spoken dialogue are jerks.

I like the game very much, but man, the plot has some stupid characters.

Sarvis

Erudite
Re: Guild Wars is FULL OF JERKS!!! (Warning: Spoilers in Thr

whitemithrandir said:
4. The player: Yes, YOU. The character you play. That's right, your Drizzt D'orden or whatever you named him, is a jerk also. So the Prince, whom you've been fighting with FOR A LONG TIME is crushed under a limb. That's right. A LIMB. It's not even a big tree, just a small branch or something, (or it could be a rock, I forget, but it was something really small) and there are FOUR OF YOU standing right there, one of which is a BIG TOUGH MUSCULAR warrior and the rest possess powerful magic. Do you go help him? No. You just leave and let him die. WTF?

Actually, he's trapped in a landslide full of rocks, ice and trees. In fact he's packed in the landslide up to his shoulders, and the most powerful evil dwarf in the region is right there. When this all happens the rest of the party has run off already, leaving only the party leader... so he'd just get slaughtered by the Dwarf King of get frostbite trying to dig the prince (who's probably mortally wounded by the ice anyway) out.

Also, I wasn't the leader of that mission so my character was long gone when it happend and is therefore not a jerk. ;)

Yeah, the leaving Ascalon thing did seem a bit retarded. I just saw refugees getting pwned by ettins and worse the whole trip. At one point I think Mhenlo said something to the effect of why did we leave Ascalon, the Charr were chumps compared to these undead. He kinda had a point. I imagine there's a few feet of frozen piss over Rurik's grave.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Re: Guild Wars is FULL OF JERKS!!! (Warning: Spoilers in Thr

whitemithrandir said:
The player: Yes, YOU. The character you play.
Actually, add in the fact that a large proportion of your fellow players are jerks and you have a thoroughly jerk-tastic game.

CrusaderTemplar

Liturgist
my friends are jerks. i went back on to see wats happening and my friends from school i know, are total jerks ingame. but outside eh.

Drakron

Arcane
The point is that Ascalon is lost, its impossible to clean it from the Charr that already made the place a wasteland.

Prince Rurik realized it was a war they could not win and wanted to cut the loses and leave it to the Charr ... in fact that makes him a jerk because the Charr next stop will be the dwarves but considering the weather there I think the Charr will pass.

Oh and after the Lich is done there is no more undead (that were there to get the scepter anyway), of course I rather battle the Charr that the Tengu and its later varients ... not to say they kind get a crappy place for the settlement with those Ettis at the front door and the 2537th Tengu division blocking the roads lead there ...

oherror

Liturgist
what its funny/fun to a be a jerk in MMORPG...granted i hate them...i take great pains to impart my hate of them on to other players...mostly causing other players die or otherwise lead them to their doom. Or leaving at a vital moment....

Guess your wondering how i do this if i hate them and never would pay for a MMORPG...its all about the special offers...free days and such...much fun to grief...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom