Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guild Wars Glam Shots

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
space captain said:
holy free time, batman

Ahahaha! My sentiments exactly. :lol:

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Here's some choices for our new guild cape:
emblems9bj.jpg

obediah

Erudite
This thread is just like high school. All we need is a pregnant character, and a poor character with the "I got my senior pictures done at K-Mart" background.

I'm still waiting for the MMORPG where your characters get old and fat - I'd like to renew my EQ account and find my character not at the gates of Freeport where I left him, but sitting in a bar in town, about 45 lbs heavier.

LlamaGod

Cipher
13 looks good, doesnt have the stupid flower shit and isnt wussy. Solid symbol for a logo, but DAoC's logos own Guild War's.

Surlent

Liturgist
Sol, if we change new capes, please, let's not take that French monarchy symbol.
It's overused everywhere (like in Stratovarius' logo) and French monarchy really deserved the guillotine. Any other of them without it goes fine.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I ain't playin', but I like 2 and 9. They appear to be the most harmonic, aesthetically.

The flowers don't seem to go well with most other symbols, and most capes with the lily just look disjointed.

PennyAnte

Liturgist
Hey, Space Cadet, back off Agleth. Those screenshots are some of the coolest things about Guild Wars.

@ Agleth - I have to ask: HOW did you get that Mesmer shot? That's incredible! Perfect! Screenshot Hall of Fame potential there.

As far as the rangers, well, maybe. Part of the problem is that they're harder to avoid being generic with too. And even if they don't totally look like tomboys, they don't look as good as your necro! What you HAVE convinced me of is that male rangers = definite hottie potential, though!

I also spend more time admiring Guild Wars than playing it sometimes *grin*. Anyway.

Sol, I ADORE cloak number 9. It's beautiful. PLEASE pick that one.

EDIT: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE pick number 9. It's gorgeous.

And nice glam shots. Great posing, expecially the last one. I want to know how you got that little bow.

Agleth

Novice
SC-

Eh, in the strictest technical sense I have to plead no contest really. I'm an unemployed 20 something, I've got nothing but time. How do you think anyone hits the end game so fast ? If you've got a problem with how I spend that time, well, go fuck yourself. Literally, ala the sheriff in Preacher. :P

Penny-

Thanks =)

On the mesmer, it was just sheer stupid luck. I take tons of shots (Got about 600 so far, and I only see it getting worse. ;) I really need a batch bmp to png or something converter, SS directory is already over 2 gigs.) and I was taking a set of this one battle on a ridge because the angle was so great, and one just happened to catch the animation perfectly.

Fair enough on the ranger thing, no use fighting an uphill battle or banging your head against a wall if you don't have to, but I do like a challenge from time to time. ;) The male ranger is a dish though isn't he ? I'm almost sad I don't have any build ideas I want to use to make him with. ;)

Total agreement on the admiring over playing thing. I think that's why I probably spend more time with henchmen. Most of the people I group with are more concerned about getting ahead, finishing the level, mission, quest, whatever. (I'm guilty of this too to an extent.) But that's just such a meaningless e-penis measuring contest thing. Treadmills are a dime a dozen, but GW (even if only visualy) is an absolute masterpiece. It's frustrating that so many people don't seem to realise what's right in front of their faces and appreciate it. :/

Sol-

I like 1, 7, 8, and 12 best. But 3 and 9 are also good. And out of solidarity, if I had a vote, it would go to 9. I'd be ok with any of those really though.

I kinda have to agree with Surlent, I'm a bit meh on the french monarchy thing as well, I prefer the more abstract caligraphic ones. (like 3rd and 6th capes on the third row on my last set (yeah I should number them, laziness)) I also prefer the wide double pointed cape ending (like the 6th cape on the third row of mine again) to the castle rampart style you have there. Nice job with keeping them nice, clean and minimalist though. =)

I like the poses on your glam shots, I really need to learn to use emotes more.

Obediah- So true, I was actually on my high school yearbook staff (geek) but then it was a really small school.

Sarvis- I'm cool with the one we have, but I've got the whole goth necro thing going on. I can see how it would be a problem for people, it looks a bit off on some characters.

-Agleth

Oh yeah, it's not strictly glam related, but I meant to link to this the other day. They have some really nice world maps there. Don't look if you don't want to be spoiled. I saw some things I maybe would have rather found for myself. And I really wouldn't want to see the detail version with the notes and stuff. (probably out of date though anyway) Of course I found some things I never would have found on my own, and it is a tremendously useful tool.

*edit* removed redundant phrase

Shagnak

Shagadelic
9 IS TEH GHEY. I like it!
And as pointed out, quite different from what I commonly see in the game (not that I have had time to play it recently...grrr)

I say go with it!

EDIT:

PennyAnte said:
Your ranger/mesmer d00d looks great, Shags. Is that armor normally gold-accented or did you dye it?
No, it comes with the gold (luckily...I have a feeling that gold dye would cost a mint!).
Believe it or not, it has been dyed purple. But for some reason the dying only works on one side of the armour. The leggings have been dyed blue.

PennyAnte

Liturgist
All told, though, Shags, the dye combo is a mint. Possibly close to a bottle of black. I'm going to do penny in Silver and gold anyway though! :) (Except for the blue and gold cape.) It will be beautiful.

Although I'm also not a fan of the "castle" effect along the bottom of the cape. I'd prefer something smoother, like the bottom of our current cape.

Selenti

Liturgist
I am simultaneously attracted by the art of Guild Wars...

and repelled by my experiences in the beta that told me that This, yes This, was a Daikatana.

Sarvis

Erudite
First of all, just so it's in the right thread, here's some guild capes I like a bit better than the ones given earlier:

GuildCapes.jpg

Second, my first <a href="http://mikesresume.dyndns.org:8080/images/Attention.jpg">"glam shot"!</a>

This might not look like crap if I had a decent video card. Just a big crystal dealie in the Pockmark Flats...

Surlent

Liturgist
So many pretty pics here, so I decided to jump on the fashion band wagon myself too.

Here's Baldie Bug. Notice the water line and how it affects it, diving underwater makes you bald. Don't know if they have fixed this one yet, haven't tested it with new builds.
Underwater, waterline low
Underwater, waterline high
Above water

Here's my character and her undead servants. Yes, they have love-love relationship going on.
Necro and her minions

And this is the fabled 15k armor or actually just torso piece. It's from different set than the other armor, so i'm not sure if it's much cooler looking than the original. Based on what seen on other necros, it's pretty much same. meh
Armor of hip looking +15

These are pictures taken with my new Warrior character. As I ventured forward I met most dreadful enemy called Spasmo Thunderbolt. (This is no way set up, just random coincidence.) Fortunately for me he fought like dairy farmer.
Notice also in last pic how the cape flows with swing.
Spasmo ROARS !
Spasmo gets whacked

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom