Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Guardians of Arcadia - A homage to JRPG of the 90's (Turn based)

IndieGuy

Barely Literate
header.png

Guardians of Arcadia
is a single-player RPG with inspiration in the successes of the 1990’s. The game will incorporate popular elements of games on that decade. Some of those elements are the design of chibi characters, random battles, the combat system through menus, and a fully explorable world. The game is currently in development and will have a Steam Greenlight campaign starting this week.

Stay Tuned!

Features
Nostalgia: Guardians of Arcardia will deliver you a best nostalgic experience ever!
Gameplay: Play with five unique characters that use a variety of weapons, magic and abilities and a very strategic battle system.
Freedom: Fully explorable world! With the first time in years, you have access to a world map and unique veicules to explore it. The sky is your limit!
Accessible: Explore the beautiful fantasy world of Arcadia with Low hardware requirements. Also simple controls, just like the old days.

You can also follow the game here:
Official website: www.guardiansofarcadia.com/en
Facebook: www.facebook.com/guardiansofarcadia
Twitter: www.twitter.com/guardianarcadia
Tumblr: guardiansofarcadia.tumblr.com

Some images:
temple.png

screenshot_battle3.png

screenshot4.png

screenshot.png

index.php

Arcane
The environment looks great for an indie game, but the character designs are extremely amateurish.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Looks like it's another of these "Will buy if it's good but it's probably going to suck" thing.

Ilya

Literate
Nostalgia is a feature? :philosoraptor:
Unfortunately that usually happens when a game is bad. :(

I'm not saying that is necessarily the case here but it is a definite warning flag.
The fact that they advertise it as a "nostalgia" game is indeed a red flag, but man I was so relieved when I saw the graphics, I was almost sure it was going to be some rpgmaker-esque "retro" graphics, but they actually look nice.

Well all we can do is hope it isn't shit (it probably going to be).
Talking about nostalgia rpgs, anybody played Pier Solar? Is it good?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nostalgia is a feature? :philosoraptor:
Unfortunately that usually happens when a game is bad. :(

I'm not saying that is necessarily the case here but it is a definite warning flag.
The fact that they advertise it as a "nostalgia" game is indeed a red flag, but man I was so relieved when I saw the graphics, I was almost sure it was going to be some rpgmaker-esque "retro" graphics, but they actually look nice.

Well all we can do is hope it isn't shit (it probably going to be).
Talking about nostalgia rpgs, anybody played Pier Solar? Is it good?
I own it but will probably play it in five years or so.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
inb4 Sega orders a C&D.

A little close to Skies of Arcadia with the title there, fellas.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Arcadia can't be copyrighted in sane countries since its a Romanticism pastoral bullcrap.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Trailer from the Steam page:

Doesn't
exactly scream "buy me" yet.

Like in the screenshots, the characters looks really flat, they all seem to lack any shading other than the painted.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom