Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Grksky polski Witcher 2 leaked video wka pikachu

DefJam101

Arcane
QuickTime Events will be yet another innovation. This technology will take Geralt's confrontation with bosses to another level.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

made

Arcane
Mackerel said:
No, the regular combat is a rhythm game, not a QTE. It's funny though that they actually added in what many people falsely accused them of having in the first game's combat system.

Ironic, isn't it?

It's like they made that presentation just to feed the skyway.

Rhalle

Magister
I actually like the subtitle.

But it looks so-so. I bet the new engine removes lots of the original game's wonky charm.

And please spare me the blood on the screen camera effect...

Routine AI sounds good, though. Looks like they redid the charming UI, unfortunatley.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
GlobalExplorer said:
Jim Cojones said:
"sz" in Polish - "sch" in German
"cz" in Polish - "tsch" in German
:P

Gregorsch Breschitschewitsch

More like, Gschegosch Bschetchischtschikiewitsch, and even that isn't really spot on.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Darth Roxor said:
GlobalExplorer said:
Jim Cojones said:
"sz" in Polish - "sch" in German
"cz" in Polish - "tsch" in German
:P

Gregorsch Breschitschewitsch

More like, Gschegosch Bschetchischtschikiewitsch, and even that isn't really spot on.
Well, we are getting closer.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Rhalle said:
I actually like the subtitle.

But it looks so-so. I bet the new engine removes lots of the original game's wonky charm.

And please spare me the blood on the screen camera effect...

Routine AI sounds good, though. Looks like they redid the charming UI, unfortunatley.

What wonky charm? I didn't think the first game's UI needed to die in a fire, but it wasn't amazing either. IMO, if they can get away from using Aurora, it'll be for the best given how shitty, inefficient and overall horrible Aurora is (even if their modification of it is the best to date, compared to Bioware's own permutations and Obsidian's). Even people who hate TW should at least concede that making Aurora not suck was a Herculean feat.

Dionysus

Scholar
It doesn't look or sound like they are doing much to improve the combat, which was one of my biggest problems with the original. I'll admit that QTEs are a natural progression of the original's rhythm-based combat, but they are progressing in the wrong direction for my tastes.

But it's still possible that they are overhauling the character development and quest design. They wouldn't talk about that sort of thing in a pitch to publishers.

Quilty

Magister
Nowhere else will a topic about a game transform into bickering about the Polish language. I love the codex.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Suchy said:
Grzegorz Brzęszczyszczykiewicz
Gžegož Bžęščyščykiewič.

This reminds me, as a kid I never understood why we don't replace sch in German with š, ch with an x and so on.

Horrible kid.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Jasede said:
Suchy said:
Grzegorz Brzęszczyszczykiewicz
Gžegož Bžęščyščykiewič.

This reminds me, as a kid I never understood why we don't replace sch in German with š, ch with an x and so on.

Horrible kid.
Jasede, what do you think about the fact that the Witcher 2 is now introducing a Simon Says style minigame system in its combat?

DraQ

Arcane
Wyrmlord said:
what do you think about the fact that the Witcher 2 is now introducing a Simon Says style minigame system in its combat?
pGwXzE.jpg

Hory

Erudite
Looks like W2 will follow the tradition of having reasonably talented artists, writers, programmers AND NO GAME DESIGNERS WHATSOEVER. THE OFFICIAL AGE REQUIREMENT FOR PLAYING SIMON SAYS IS 7.

http://www.google.ro/search?q="polish+videogame+designer"

winterraptor

Cipher
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Still no hype about

DOUBLE THE SEX CARDS BEEOTCH!!!!!!!!

?

I mean those things define modern RPGs, with a capital !!!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom