Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Biggus

Scholar
Remember this guy posting on Usenet about Grimoire (assuming it is the same one):
eaSra06.png

What a ponce. At least have the balls to fess up on your mistake instead of blaming your son.

It is the same guy, he was the one who got me involved back in the day :)

Tarrant

Educated
Yes, but you will still have the mouse symbol next to your name when you comment in the Steam forums for Grimoire, if you own Grimoire

Ahh, I never even noticed that icon before. Thanks, that's pretty useful (although I guess less so for games that aren't available exclusively on Steam).

So this guy created the non-Steam shortcut for Grimoire just to rub it in even. You'd think advertising that you're playing a stolen game would be a bannable offense.

I banned him. Punk came to this forum and used PM to assure me he was no pirate. Scumbag extraordinaire. Claimed he refunded it and was 'just testing it' by planting his 600 pound ass on it.

Well, I go to bed and suddenly the internet thinks I pirated Grimoire. This is absolutely stupid. I'll post my exchange with ya, Cleve.

As for the "non-steam game" thing, look at the game my Steam account is playing currently. Did I pirate that one too? :) You can modify game titles, jackass.

Biggus

Scholar
Yes, but you will still have the mouse symbol next to your name when you comment in the Steam forums for Grimoire, if you own Grimoire

Ahh, I never even noticed that icon before. Thanks, that's pretty useful (although I guess less so for games that aren't available exclusively on Steam).

So this guy created the non-Steam shortcut for Grimoire just to rub it in even. You'd think advertising that you're playing a stolen game would be a bannable offense.

I banned him. Punk came to this forum and used PM to assure me he was no pirate. Scumbag extraordinaire. Claimed he refunded it and was 'just testing it' by planting his 600 pound ass on it.

Well, I go to bed and suddenly the internet thinks I pirated Grimoire. This is absolutely stupid. I'll post my exchange with ya, Cleve.

As for the "non-steam game" thing, look at the game my Steam account is playing currently. Did I pirate that one too? :) You can modify game titles, jackass.

Yup, you pirated Grimoire, and I have the thought police and the Spanish inquisition after me, all because I DARED to ask what DEV does. Man, I am so glad I didn't ask about MET :P or why the SMITH never seems to proc lethals.
Luckily, we can move past such things :)

Tarrant

Educated
"I don't believe a word you are saying. If you only intended to play it when it was in better shape, you would not have refunded it. Apparently you don't realise your own activity window was showing you were at that very moment playing a non-Steam game named "Grimoire." Would that be some similar named game you found on the internet? Or my game? I'm calling you a fucking miserable liar to your face. "Rubbed you the wrong way." A pirate who refunded the game then came on the forum for support? There's scum, then there's scum ... then there is you."
I just assumed 99% of them were pirates. I know about the symbol. Can you fake that symbol?

I don't think that's possible. This one doesn't own the game and I bet what he is playing right now is a pirate copy.

at893CR.png

I just assumed 99% of them were pirates. I know about the symbol. Can you fake that symbol?

I don't think that's possible. This one doesn't own the game and I bet what he is playing right now is a pirate copy.

at893CR.png

He's learned to block it out I see

L1PVUn.png

These two were the main points of contention.

That version numbering for Grimoire never existed. If that version of Grimoire doesn't exist, precisely how did I pirate it?

I do that sort of thing to fuck with people (as though Cleve would have people doing "early alpha" testing anyhow). It's hilarious that it backfired into a raging accusation of piracy just because dude doesn't understand how the Steam client works. The "non-steam game" I was playing was, incidentally, notepad.exe.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
"I don't believe a word you are saying. If you only intended to play it when it was in better shape, you would not have refunded it. Apparently you don't realise your own activity window was showing you were at that very moment playing a non-Steam game named "Grimoire." Would that be some similar named game you found on the internet? Or my game? I'm calling you a fucking miserable liar to your face. "Rubbed you the wrong way." A pirate who refunded the game then came on the forum for support? There's scum, then there's scum ... then there is you."

at893CR.png

at893CR.png

L1PVUn.png

That version numbering for Grimoire never existed. If that version of Grimoire doesn't exist, precisely how did I pirate it?

I do that sort of thing to fuck with people (as though Cleve would have people doing "early alpha" testing anyhow). It's hilarious that it backfired into a raging accusation of piracy just because dude doesn't understand how the Steam client works. The "non-steam game" I was playing was, incidentally, notepad.exe.
Off topic but is that a good game?

Tarrant

Educated

at893CR.png

at893CR.png

L1PVUn.png

Off topic but is that a good game?

I prefer later games in the series, like Notepad++, or Sublime. :B

The game I'm playing now is absolutely outstanding, however.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Yeah, the excuses keep getting more ridiculous.

"My son was using my Steam account to post about Grimoire, but now I bought the game."

"That Grimoire non-Steam game was really notepad.exe, just to make fun of Cleve ha ha."

DarKPenguiN

Arcane

"My son was using my Steam account to post about Grimoire, but now I bought the game."

"That Grimoire non-Steam game was really notepad.exe, just to make fun of Cleve ha ha."
The notepad one actually makes sense- Not sure why someone would actually do it- But was there a version 1.2.1.4 ? I dont remember one.

The "son" excuse was just cringeworthy

Tarrant

Educated

The notepad one actually makes sense- Not sure why someone would actually do it- But was there a version 1.2.1.4 ? I dont remember one.

http://imgur.com/a/tEGdP

Did I pirate that one too?

Edit: No, there was never a version 1.2.1.4. Also, I not *once* ever requested support in the Steam forum. Cleve is literally insane, apparently. And in PMs with dude, I never once said I refunded it because I was just "testing" it -- I refunded after it became apparent the game was a hot mess. My intention was to wait and see whether he was capable of fixing the damn thing before I bothered.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Cleve is literally insane, apparently. And in PMs with dude, I never once said I refunded it because I was just "testing" it -- I refunded after it became apparent the game was a hot mess.

So the game is a mess, the dev is insane - what are you still doing here? An insane dev will certainly not fix the game, so you can go home and forget about it.

PrettyDeadman

Edit: No, there was never a version 1.2.1.4. Also, I not *once* ever requested support in the Steam forum. Cleve is literally insane, apparently. And in PMs with dude, I never once said I refunded it because I was just "testing" it -- I refunded after it became apparent the game was a hot mess. My intention was to wait and see whether he was capable of fixing the damn thing before I bothered.

Did you just threaten Cleve with rape? You know this is a criminal offense, right?
Pirating someone elses work is bad, but then you continued to harass the developer through social media, spread lies and slander and ended up threating the developer with sexual&physical violence.
This is DISGUSTING and ILLEGAL. I'll be reporting this to authorities and the Sun newspaper.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Remember this guy posting on Usenet about Grimoire (assuming it is the same one):

eaSra06.png

Ahhhh in things like this is where it shows we're not young anymore. The good old "evil roommate" story has turned into "it was my son". In a couple decades we'll be blaming our nurses or wrong prescriptions.

:despair:

Tarrant

Educated

Did you just threaten Cleve with rape? You know this is a criminal offense, right?
Pirating someone elses work is bad, but then you continued to harass the developer through social media, spread lies and slander and ended up threating the developer with sexual&physical violence.
This is DISGUSTING and ILLEGAL.

I LOL'd. Thanks :)

Tarrant

Educated
Cleve is literally insane, apparently. And in PMs with dude, I never once said I refunded it because I was just "testing" it -- I refunded after it became apparent the game was a hot mess.

So the game is a mess, the dev is insane - what are you still doing here? An insane dev will certainly not fix the game, so you can go home and forget about it.

Half the people here believe Cleve is insane and that his game is a mess.

I'm trying to figure out where your animosity is coming from.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane

I dont think Cleves insane at all- I think hes actually pretty brilliant but eccentric .

That aside, why did you do that notepad thing? What was the end goal other than to look like you were pirating the game? Doing a non-existant version number was clever and would show it wasnt real but how did you even know someone would look?

This was a devious plan. Perhaps even a conspiracy.

Capture.jpg

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

And I'm trying to figure out why you expect good treatment from a developer whom you are "fucking with" (your own words) by pretending to be playing a pirated copy of his game after refunding it.

Tarrant

Educated

I dont think Cleves insane at all- I think hes actually pretty brilliant but eccentric .

That aside, why did you do that notepad thing? What was the end goal other than to look like you were pirating the game? Doing a non-existant version number was clever and would show it wasnt real but how did you even know someone would look?

This was a devious plan. Perhaps even a conspiracy.

Capture.jpg

The version number wasn't arbitrary -- it was higher than anything that exists. A half dozen people sent messages asking whether I was beta testing for Cleve. I never completely grew out of trolling; let the world beware.

I routinely play "The Witcher 4 v0.2.4a Closed Alpha" for the same reason.

And as for Cleve, I think he's got a textbook personality disorder or two, but I'll compromise on eccentric.

Tarrant

Educated

And I'm trying to figure out why you expect good treatment from a developer whom you are "fucking with" (your own words) by pretending to be playing a pirated copy of his game after refunding it.

You seem to have a pervasive reading comprehension problem. I'm not sure if it's willful or you're just trying to multitask and your attention is elsewhere or what, but it's super irritating.

Please show me where I ever claimed to be "fucking with the developer by pretending to be playing a pirated copy of his game." I'll wait.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom