Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
Cleve triggering some more healthy thoughts with his dastardly act of releasing a game. It's almost as if by attacking this one-man project...

spcmu65.png
Once again, good to see these idiots growing more unhinged and isolated from society as time goes on. It is part of the healing process.

Jinn

Arcane
I'm one of the people who's save game doesn't work after the latest patch. I know Cleve will fix it, but I'm having withdrawals now!

Oh well, not going to have time to play much in the next couple days anyways, so hopefully by the time I do I can use my previous saves again.

Weasel
I'm one of the people who's save game doesn't work after the latest patch. I know Cleve will fix it, but I'm having withdrawals now! Oh well, not going to have time to play much in the next couple days anyways, so hopefully by the time I do I can use my previous saves again.

Some people are keeping the old versions in separate folders so they can manually roll back, I guess the fact that auto updates haven't been enabled yet actually helped avoid a more widespread issue with that bugged patch yesterday.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I've been trying to hold off playing until it's certain the game is a bit more polished and save games keep working

I'm holding off the updates too, still playing the first release version.

Only had a couple of crashes, which were minor things - picking up apples and one of the bosses under certain conditions. A few things aren't properly balanced, but again for the most part it's relatively minor things, like a few item prices or the Bard master race.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
It's telling something on the current state of the conservative cucks agenda when the only thing they have left to be rejoicing about is a buggy blobber that is not even that good selling 2000 copies.

It's not coming out

No, really. It's almost as if some of you guys are endorsing this broken average game as a away to avenge yourself against refugees and gay marriage. It's hilarious. Cleve might be a bad programmer but he is quite the salesman.
C'mon man- You dont really think that do you?

If the game were a shit game it wouldnt matter if it was made my david duke or brianna wu- It would be a shit game. Same with if its a good game.

In this case its a great game. I'm pretty much at the point that I think for me this is far better than wiz 6/7 combined - This really could be the best crpg ive played. Its buggy somewhat and the UI has issues and but the content, the game itself, is just out of this world- Made by 1 man no less...So if barak Obama himself made this game, I would buy and play it.

Its nothing political- Its just a bonus that Cleve Pisses off the SJW's but like I said (and I mean this very sincerely) that doesnt affect my bview of the game at all. Nor do I think it does anyone elses except maybe at the very surface level.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
I've been trying to hold off playing until it's certain the game is a bit more polished and save games keep working

Only had a couple of crashes, which were minor things - picking up apples and one of the bosses under certain conditions. A few things aren't properly balanced, but again for the most part it's relatively minor things, like a few item prices or the Bard master race.
I decided this was a fine time to do my planned reroll anyhow.

And why the fuck doesnt this game patch or even tell me theres an update like every other game on Steam?

TheGameSquid

Scholar
I won't get into the politics, but this is the reason why I fully agree with Valve's approach with Steam. There shouldn't be any entity deciding what games are good enough to be sold. Let the customers decide what they're willing to buy, and through content discovery tools, the customer shouldn't (or rarely) even come across the garbage.

GOG is a fantastic storefront, and unlike other competitors to Steam provides real value to their customers, instead of artificial exclusivity or forced clients, but at some point I'd like to see them change their policy on curation.

Totally disagree with this btw. On a basic level, I do understand that Valve does not want to be a gate keeper for the entire industry (even though 4+ years ago, they effectively were). However, while I think they should not do any gate-keeping for games DESIGN-WISE, they should be doing it on a TECHNICAL level, and at least trying to prevent scams and games that don't work.

There are SO many games being released on Steam that are completely and utterly broken on a technical level. So many games whose store pages are just full of lies and deceptions. Up until a few months ago, you were allowed to post trailers and screenshots that weren't actually gameplay, so you were essentially allowed to represent your game however you want. Plenty of companies have published their own games multiple times under different names. There have even been instances of games that were stolen being published. Games bought off the Unity asset store being published countless times in unaltered ways. To me, that kind of stuff just pollutes your storefront. Imagine walking into a store well they sell washing machines, microwaves, laptops, etc. and 85% of what they sell is broken. For any other storefront this would be absolutely unacceptable, but for Steam this is apparently good enough.

And I understand what they are trying to do with their discovery tools, but it just doesn't work. I have a huge amount of games on my wishlist and a shitload of games in my library. In other words: Steam's algorithms should be good enough to provide me with good suggestions, right? Nope. I constantly get suggestions for anime boob games, shitty early access sandbox games, terrible shooters and clicker games, none of which I'm interested in. It constantly suggests games that I already on my wishlist (why?) and sometimes even games I own. Many of games it suggests are so very clearly of abysmal quality, and a large amount of the store pages read like they were simply ran through Google Potato Translate. And what about games like Voidspire Tactics? They just get drowned out by all the shit.

TL;DR: I get what they're trying to do, but it just doesn't work. There's a reason why Steam has seen its reputation gone for PC darling to semi laughing-stock of the industry.

Sorry about the rant :M

mogwaimon

Magister
but for many devs it really hurts to not have something that makes you be always online, or at least some kind of digital authentication, and it's not only AAA, many times small indies don't trust gog.
Are you and these hypothetical small indies not aware their games are already pirated off Steam day 1? GOG is actually the best anti-piracy measure, giving honest customers drm-free games so they don't have to pirate.

Why is this post retadred? Denuvo got cracked in like two months and that was 'omg uncrackable fuck you pirates' and now all it does is give shit to legit customers. Just like SecuROM and all the other DRM schemes the pirates avoided back in the day while paying customers got infected.

Cleve triggering some more healthy thoughts with his dastardly act of releasing a game. It's almost as if by attacking this one-man project...

spcmu65.png
Once again, good to see these idiots growing more unhinged and isolated from society as time goes on. It is part of the healing process.

((They)) have no critical thinking, so of course they're nuts. Tossing around labels and ignoring truths just because it doesn't conform to their twisted world views.

I decided this was a fine time to do my planned reroll anyhow.

And why the fuck doesnt this game patch or even tell me theres an update like every other game on Steam?

It's for the best right now with all the launch woes, admittedly. With the Onslaught bug and the character libraries not being excluded from the patching process it's better for you to have to manually update, at least for now. Though a news post for a new patch would go a long way; not like a post on the Steam forums but one of the news posts that shows up when you click the game in your Steam library.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
What kind of virtues?The game is filled with gamebreaking bugs.I just tried to play it and couldn't open the character screen on one of heroes.Am i supposed to play the rest of the game with seven char and one useless?Or how broken and annoying UI is?The ESC key couldn't even get you out of menu you are using at the moment.This game just made me replay some good old games like Might and Magic 3-5 and Wizardry 6-7.
Learn to update your game and stop pretending that you played "duh classics". You're whining about not being able to hit ESC to exit a menu, you're a sape. It's painfully clear.
Wasn't supposed to be a magnum opus in the making for 20 years?What happened with delaying the game so he could fix all those micro-issues?It seems that the incline has come in the form of a AAA game that needs to be patched every day....nice one.Oh and i am not pretending to have played the classics,i am playing MM5 right now while waiting for the buggy mess to be released on GoG in working condition.I will just go and liberate a few cities while you are worshipping THE game instead of playing it.

Weasel
Cleve, are you reasonably confident that saves will be ok from now on as the game updates from 1.2.0.7 in future?

OaTHEQX.png

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
The Neanderthals masterful plan to make your "playtime" last 600 hours!

Keep restarting and playing the first 20 maps...while he tries to fix the other 220.

Zep--

Leitz

Learned
I'm a little bit late but I forgot to thank Mr. Blakemore for releasing the game on my very birthday. I was busy, but as of now I'm enjoying your Masterpiece. Regards

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Cleve, are you reasonably confident that saves will be ok from now on as the game updates from 1.2.0.7 in future?

OaTHEQX.png

If he believes that, then he is wrong. It will happen again. You need to do proper version control and update the old savegames prior to loading. Or he'll never modify maps, quests, flag values, etc that will be already initialized in saved games, with outdated values?

You can't have your players' valuable time wasted like that. Personally I had just rerolled so I don't care about my 7 hours, but if it happens again in a month from now... And unless he works in proper versioning, it will.

Also, he needs testers. I am sure many people here wouldn't mind helping with checking updates before releasing to the public.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
You can't have your players' valuable time wasted like that. Personally I had just rerolled so I don't care about my 7 hours, but if it happens again in a month from now... And unless he works in proper versioning, it will.

This is why I'm waiting a bit before I start playing.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
With my Editor, DECLINE. I had a bag, a chest, a spell case, a gem bag and an Arrow bag and I STILL had inventory problems.

It's fucking ridiculous. If you "take all" you will fill up with useless shit in no time.

Zep--

Achilles

Arcane
With my Editor, DECLINE. I had a bag, a chest, a spell case, a gem bag and an Arrow bag and I STILL had inventory problems.

It's fucking ridiculous. If you "take all" you will fill up with useless shit in no time.

Zep--

Maybe it is that way by design, then? To teach you that you don't need to pick up everything you see? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely curious.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I watched 15 minutes of gameplay and got a headache from the sound effects. Do you people turn them off to "enjoy" this masterpiece?
I can't even imagine enduring them for "600" hours.

PrettyDeadman

Zep, you realize that Grimoire is one of the best CRPG's released since Ultima 4, right?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom