Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
This unusualcook guy somebody posted earlier does a pretty decent stream of the game and despite a few irritations has a good time. He is really happy about his level up and called the game massive incline.

Namutree

Savant
Well, it seems there is no manual (for now). Guess I'll hold off playing it until there is one. Would be terrible to have my experience marred by getting attached to a hopeless party due to my own ignorance.

No big deal though. I'm just glad the game actually released. Oh, I had just gotten a white owl statue a few hours before I learned of the release. I should have seen it as an omen.

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
The reviews are full of butthurt retards. For the first time ever I spent some time to write a (positive) half ass review on steam. I lived through Daggerfall 1.0 ... I have seen shit those kids wouldn't believe.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
So far I've got a Giant metalsmith, a Rhattu ranger, a Feyfolk bard, an Aeorb sage, and Wolfin cleric. I feel like this party will be potentially terrible. What else should I include to balance it out?

How serviceable as thieves are bards? Can I get away without one?

HubU

Literate
I'd like to take a moment to point out that there is no evidence homo neanderthalensis ever created any art or was even capable of symbolic thinking. They had no written language and the only evidence that they even had a spoken language or were even capable of speech was that they somehow interacted with homo sapiens. They were also much shorter than homo sapiens.

You are laughable. Fanny-packs aren't proof enough for you?

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
What is this creature again?
hxHMxf1.jpg

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
So phase 1 of Grimoire was jerking around for decades on the forum. It was great, glorious, epic, dramatic, formidable, retarded, informative and, obviously, one hell of a ride.

Behold now : the second phase of Grimoire. Remember the time one had to map the dungeons himself ? Well Grimoire brings it to the next level. In Grimoire, you have to write the manual yourself. By experimenting, again and again, trying to figure out what does what, gathering info on the forum and exchanging tips and clues. In a matter of months, the Grimoire manual will have appeared here, out of the sweat of dedicated sapes. Some courageous folk might eventually compile everything into a PDF at some point.

Then... Oh don't expect it to end that easily. Then it's phase 3. Grimoire's final form.
Cleve himself doesn't remember half the stuff he has put in this game 15 years ago at this point. There will be countless legends, myths, unverifiable hoaxes and genuine hidden secrets. Some will claim they have found X, some will explain how they reached Y, others, obviously, will ignore them in disbelief. This phase is the true Grimoire experience. This will never end. In 40 years, when your grandchildrens will ask you about that weird device on your desk, you'll tell them it's a desktop computer. You'll shed a tear, vividly remembering these golden years, when you were trying to actually 100% Grimoire (which is impossible). Frantically, you'll dismiss the brats and boot your PC. You'll launch Grimoire once again. The game never ends. Once you open the book, you can never close it. You'll see it pop on your screen. In your last breath, you won't feel no fear, you'll only see these words of wisdom... : ?SQUIRREL?

So far I've got a Giant metalsmith, a Rhattu ranger, a Feyfolk bard, an Aeorb sage, and Wolfin cleric. I feel like this party will be potentially terrible. What else should I include to balance it out?

How serviceable as thieves are bards? Can I get away without one?
Something with high HP for the other front row spot? I assume giant metalsmith is tough already.

Lord Andre

Arcane
I've got human warrior Entreri, drow ranger Drizzt, wolfkin metalsmith Bei, naga slut thief Luna, barrower slut Thaumaturge Gem, drow slut cleric Viconia, drake slut wizard Flint and durendil slut sage Lugnut. I call them the Golden Company.

Yes, that's how much of a flaming faggot larper I am. Problem ? :smug:

The sluts are there to suck the men's cocks and help with combat from time to time like good women folk that they are...

Alex

Arcane
I never received my steam key from indiegogo

:negative:

Its a sad day when the early contributors do not get to play the game before new backers.​

Sorry, it is almost midnight and I went three days without sleep getting every single missile in the game regression tested. First thing tomorrow will send them.

Cleve, I was thinking of buying Grimoire now and gifting my indiegogo key when that arrives. Would that cause any trouble down the road when you start doing physical copies of the game?

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Just dropped $35 woolongs on this. Booted it up to the sound of glorious midi bells, the sound of incline.

Tigranes

Arcane
I probably can't play this today, but each of our legacies will depend on whether ye can say on that final day, I HAVE MORGOTH'D GRIMOIRE.

:d1p:

mbv123

Arbiter
So phase 1 of Grimoire was jerking around for decades on the forum. It was great, glorious, epic, dramatic, formidable, retarded, informative and, obviously, one hell of a ride.

Behold now : the second phase of Grimoire. Remember the time one had to map the dungeons himself ? Well Grimoire brings it to the next level. In Grimoire, you have to write the manual yourself. By experimenting, again and again, trying to figure out what does what, gathering info on the forum and exchanging tips and clues. In a matter of months, the Grimoire manual will have appeared here, out of the sweat of dedicated sapes. Some courageous folk might eventually compile everything into a PDF at some point.

Then... Oh don't expect it to end that easily. Then it's phase 3. Grimoire's final form.
Cleve himself doesn't remember half the stuff he has put in this game 15 years ago at this point. There will be countless legends, myths, unverifiable hoaxes and genuine hidden secrets. Some will claim they have found X, some will explain how they reached Y, others, obviously, will ignore them in disbelief. This phase is the true Grimoire experience. This will never end. In 40 years, when your grandchildrens will ask you about that weird device on your desk, you'll tell them it's a desktop computer. You'll shed a tear, vividly remembering these golden years, when you were trying to actually 100% Grimoire (which is impossible). Frantically, you'll dismiss the brats and boot your PC. You'll launch Grimoire once again. The game never ends. Once you open the book, you can never close it. You'll see it pop on your screen. In your last breath, you won't feel no fear, you'll only see these words of wisdom... : ?SQUIRREL?
what a time to be alive

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
I've got human warrior Entreri, drow ranger Drizzt, wolfkin metalsmith Bei, naga slut thief Luna, barrower slut Thaumaturge Gem, drow slut cleric Viconia, drake slut wizard Flint and durendil slut sage Lugnut. I call them the Golden Company.

Yes, that's how much of a flaming faggot larper I am. Problem ? :smug:

The sluts are there to suck the men's cocks and help with combat from time to time like good women folk that they are...

Now that sounds like my kind of adventuring party.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom