Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Mustawd

budgie.gif

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Grimoire completed! +M

4c6T8MG.png

FmV08bE.png

Two endings, with at least one more still to come.

Verdict: :obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously:/+M+M+M+M+M

Despite bugs and imbalances, Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar is easily the best CRPG of 2017. Not the CRPG you want, but the CRPG you need.

Lord Andre

Arcane
Is it OK to start a game now with the current version?

:M

The latest version seems stable, it's been out a few days now and all seems quiet bug related.

Next update is supposed to bring some exp tweaks for monsters and a few other goodies so it might be worth the wait. Your call.

Viata

Arcane
It has some bugs related to NPC encounters(one that makes you unable to progress the story, unless asking for the code here). Thus it's up to you if you want to wait or not. But it's also possible for you to get there after Cleve fix it, even if you start now.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

I think the First Act is awesome in everyone's opinion - the overpowered stuff shows up only later. So you can play that part and then wait for the rest to be adjusted. That would be something like 20-30 hours.

I also recommend the info at the Grimoire wiki if you want to roll your own party:
http://grimoire.wiki/index.php/Professions

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath

With the manual and the XP balance update coming "Next Friday", I'd wait. First chapter is orgasmic, but no guarantee after you look at the manual you'll not decide to reroll your party.

Not that there's anything wrong with rolling a few parties with the different beginnings.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Btw, Zed Duke of Banville how long it took you to finish the game?
16 days. :M I wasn't connected to Steam while playing, so I don't have a count in hours.

I forgot to mention in my post some self-imposed restrictions: no NPC party members, no PC bards, and no PC deaths.

Also, I played the release version through the first part of the game and well into the second part before updating to version 1.2.0.22 and using that to the end.

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
It has some bugs related to NPC encounters(one that makes you unable to progress the story, unless asking for the code here).

What's this about? Care to post the problem (and the solution) here or in the hint thread? I had enough such frustration when a certain map, showing where parts of a certain quest item were dumped, didn't work and I had to painfully lawnmow three maps to 100% with detect secrets on. Took me half a night.

In retrospect I guess I should have cast locate item. :M

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
It's the girl in the Cathedral - and Cleve says he fixed it, so she stays there after you first meet her. You may need to rest a couple times and then walk around. The same is true for other NPC's that used to disappear after meeting them first, eg. Elias. Sleep a couple times and then walk around his place.

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
You mean the password? Luckily I asked her about that the first (and only, she seems to be gone for good) time I met her.

It's also written on a sign in another location, although you'd have to be a psychic to know what the sign is on about.

Personnally I think that Cleve was right to publish the game in this state.
I'll wait for the final V2 to buy it, I still don't know about the gameplay and the bugs because I avoid spoilers. If he hadn't released it, bugs and all, everyone would still complain that's it vaporware, me the first, which can be depressing and draining.

Now that he has a bit of money to devote his time on the feedback that the players give him, he DOES spend his time on squashing the bugs and balancing the combat. What's the problem with that?

And no, he shouldn't have released it in Early Access, for the game is feature complete. Bloodlines, Fallout 2 or Arcanum were also buggy and unbalanced at release for god's sake!

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
It has some bugs related to NPC encounters(one that makes you unable to progress the story, unless asking for the code here).

What's this about? Care to post the problem (and the solution) here or in the hint thread? I had enough such frustration when a certain map, showing where parts of a certain quest item were dumped, didn't work and I had to painfully lawnmow three maps to 100% with detect secrets on. Took me half a night.

In retrospect I guess I should have cast locate item. :M

You don't have it up all the time?

Alma Elma

Literate
So now that time has passed, how are you guys finding the game? I still don't have it so I was just wondering.

The sheer fact we now discuss this game more than Pillars of Eternity speaks for its self....

Is that a good thing or a bad? I wanted to know if the game lived up to the hype and such.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom