Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grim Dawn

Act 1 was long as hell.

I'm hoping the rest of the game is.

This shit is EXACTLY like D2.

Renevent

Cipher
Act 1 is the longest I think, but the other acts aren't short or anything. Game is easily 20-30 hours long the first time through if you are doing all the content (optional dungeons, shrines, etc). There's a ton of secret stuff too...I've played the game almost 200 hours and just found another secret area yesterday I wasn't even aware of.

Sothpaw

Learned
I have 256 hours. 126 was early access so 130 on B31-release. Those 130 hours are all on one character (vitality conjurer). That is going through Veteran through Ultimate, doing all side quests/secrets, reading every note and every conversation. Basically a 100% complete playthrough. There are some idle hours in there, but the game is full of content for sure.

If I had to guess I would say Act III is the longest. Probably goes 3>1>2>4 in terms of length.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Act II is long becase there is so many field to trudge though.

Anyway I had that ghost smith in Tyrant's Hold forge me a legendary weapon.

Made the exact same weapon I had in inventory. :x

Great use of 8 brain mater.

Sothpaw

Learned

Damn I feel like I could get 2-3 legendaries from farming faster than I could get 8 brain matter.

Sothpaw

Learned
Inside the dungeon somewhere. Haven't gone to him yet myself, just from what I read in the patch notes.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas

Damn I feel like I could get 2-3 legendaries from farming faster than I could get 8 brain matter.

I know right. All of veteran and then through act II of elite and I had a total of 10 brain matter. Now eight gone. Also I thought he was just taking one so you can guess how happy I was.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
For the love of god don't trade in your rare materials for a chance to get a crappy Legendary. It's not worth it. You won't be able to craft any Relics if you do.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
For the love of god don't trade in your rare materials for a chance to get a crappy Legendary. It's not worth it. You won't be able to craft any Relics if you do.

Yeah I know. But like I said I thought it was only going to take one so why not try it once? Well live and learn I guess.

Speaking of relics is the only way to get blueprints from drops? I have the nemesis blueprint but need the terror and slaughter relics to make it. Its irritating.

Sothpaw

Learned
Yeah I know. But like I said I thought it was only going to take one so why not try it once? Well live and learn I guess.

Speaking of relics is the only way to get blueprints from drops? I have the nemesis blueprint but need the terror and slaughter relics to make it. Its irritating.

Honestly I have beat everything there is to beat in the game on Ultimate, except for the nemesis bosses (taking a short break then I'll work on those), and I am still stuck with a tier 1 relic. I haven't been able to craft a transcendent or mythic relic for my character yet. Seems to me like it's luck of the draw.

game is meaty. game is awesome.

what's your class?

Battle Mage (Arcanist + Soldier).

Level 22 ATM, spamming missiles, sky shards, and close combat melee (reaper & shield).

Dumping all character points into Cunning.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas

VmHnLxj.jpg

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I needed the component that was on my 1h weapon, so I went to the celestial smith to gamble for a new weapon, the last enemy I killed right in front of him dropped a legendary axe.

Perfect timing.

And I have found about 10 relic blueprints, level 60 now.

Ivan

Arcane
[/QUOTE]Dumping all character points into Cunning.[/QUOTE]
If you're softcore it's fine, but it's optimal to dump all att to Physique. You can accomodate for cunning or spirit with gems/devotion

made

Arcane
Found this while grinding on an alt:

tT0JUIw.jpg

Now playing my soldier is fun again. :D Also switched him to Blade Arc as main attack, freeing up dozens of points from crappy Cadence and procs.

Sykar

Arcane
Funny I just found that on my Veteran Loghorrean kill an hour ago. Too bad my two mains are a Sorceress and a Warlock...

If you're softcore it's fine, but it's optimal to dump all att to Physique. You can accomodate for cunning or spirit with gems/devotion

I would not do that on an AAR character unless you have access to godly energy regen gear.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas

I always feel inferior when people post stuff like this. 10K health and 25k damage at lvl 51. On veteran. WTF man. Way to make me feel like I suck.

Also how do you get legendary drops in veteran? The only one I got (it sucked) was from the blob.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom