Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GreedFall - Gold Edition - new colonial-themed action-RPG from Spiders

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
You know you can just run right by them... Right?
Often you can't. The path you need to take from the secret Abundance entrance has a room that you can only exit via a door, only issue is enemies are right nearby and you can't go through doors mid combat.

Jinn

Arcane
I wonder if Greedfall will have respawning enemies too. Really hope not, as the game is starting to really draw my interest. Why on earth did they ever think that was a sound design decision in any of their games?

Big Wrangle

Hope they take a few notes from Gothic where enemies stay dead and new ones come up with story progression.

Last edited by a moderator:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why on earth did they ever think that was a sound design decision in any of their games?
Makes the game longer and allows you to grind - both in completely wrong ways.
I wouldn't mind "repopulation" instead of respawning, i.e. how Stalker did it with factions moving in and out of a zone.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Focus Home marketing team has awakened from cryosleep. They're doing their annual press event late than usual, showing Greedall, The Surge 2 and others:

And what about Necromunda? At least it's not canceled or something:

In before Bigben.

edit: Ah there's Necromunda:

RepHope

Savant
Interesting looks like it’s still on track for 2019:
https://multiplayer.it/notizie/greedfall-nuove-immagini.html
greedfall-screenshot_7_jpg_1400x0_q85.jpg

greedfall-screenshot_3_jpg_1400x0_q85.jpg

Dodo1610

Arcane
My biggest problem with Technomancer was the generic Scifi setting with forgettable locations and an empty map. They seemed to have fixed those issues.
Greedfall Looks pretty for a spiders game. Sadly too few games use the baroque/17 century setting. Only in the baroque you had all of the typical medieval weapons and heavy armor mixed with muskets shotguns.

Last edited:

Dodo1610

Arcane
My biggest problem with Technomancer was the generic Scifi setting with forgettable locations and an empty map.
Generic? Then you can give me an example of such setting.

Maybe setting is the wrong word for what I wanted to say. The ideas behind the setting were unique but in the end, the locations and visual designs I saw (I didn't finish it) looked like they simply have taken things from all kinds of popular sci-fi IPs and mixed them together. In the end, I simply didn't care enough about the world and It's people to continue playing. The fact that SciFi isn't really my thing didn't help either.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
My biggest problem with Technomancer was the generic Scifi setting with forgettable locations and an empty map.

Maybe setting is the wrong word for what I wanted to say. The ideas behind the setting were unique but in the end, the locations and visual designs I saw (I didn't finish it) looked like they simply have taken things from all kinds of popular sci-fi IPs and mixed them together. In the end, I simply didn't care enough about the world and It's people to continue playing. The fact that SciFi isn't really my thing didn't help either.
So your problem is the lack of budged then. Also spiders are one of the few studious that actually put some soul in their games. Will always prefer them over some AAA american garbage like anthem or outer worlds.

Xeon

Augur
Don't think any of Spiders games so far had same sex romance iirc.

NVM, I think I am mistaken. Just googled Technomancer romances and apparently it had gay romance since there was only male protag iirc.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Being a lighting wizard on Mars who is friends with a cripple (also a lighting wizard) and a senile old man is all good but it feels wasted on a predictable freedom fighters plot.
If they ever do a third game they should do something like a Dragon Age and have it be about rebuilding their order.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Being a lighting wizard on Mars who is friends with a cripple (also a lighting wizard) and a senile old man is all good but it feels wasted on a predictable freedom fighters plot.
If they ever do a third game they should do something like a Dragon Age and have it be about rebuilding their order.
It wasn't about freedom fighters mate,it was about finding the truth about Terra.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
it was about finding the truth about Terra.
This is brought up once in the beginning and is mostly forgotten until the finale.
Most of the game is helping the mutants/traders revolt and starting a military coup after Colonel whatshisname got upset that you wouldn't be his friend and he threw your ass out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom