Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Greatest moment in a cRPG

Deleted member 7219

Dark Individual said:
Matt7895 said:
Final mission in Mass Effect 2.

The invasion of Normandy was pretty good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c64C-8v8Cjw

The thing is though, as someone pointed out in the comments on that YouTube video, Joker has brittle bone disease. One of the first things he says in ME1 is he finds it hard to take a piss without breaking something. I really doubted he could have jogged like that through the Normandy. Yeah, afterwards EDI said he has a broken rib or something, but that isn't enough.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Hmm... To bring something new to the table:
- Exile 2; when you enter the underground and discover Vahnatai.
- Dragon Knight 4; when fight against the final boss with fully stocked army... and lose.

ElectricOtter

The unaligned/use canister/use Geneforge ending in the first Geneforge game was really awesome.

mornick

Scholar
laclongquan said:
Eliminate Mertzger's slaver band in The Den before go to Modoc and further. A full application of TNT planting, locking doors, ambush in bottlnecked alley, with the scarce ammo scrounged from traders.

Pft. Now blowing up a dunnie with TNT - THAT's epic! In D&D terms it's a maximized, enlarged shitstorm.

CrimHead

Scholar
KalosKagathos said:
yhvh.jpg

/thread

Yaweh? :lol: :lol: What game is that?

hiver

Everything anyone said about Fallouts and PST.

Going into Glow for the first time.

Fighting a dragon in BG2 for the first time. (Firkraag)

Realizing that Morte can actually learn how to swear better from prostitutes in the Hive and realizing what thats for.

In Vampire Bloodlines Redemption when Christopher wakes up in 20th century as an Elder, gets out of the coffin all gray and covered in spider webs, looks around and growls "Aneeskaaa!"

All hairs on my arms stood up.

Such a singularity of purpose and intention... awesome. And then getting advanced Tremere skills and completely destroying everything in his path.

Bloodlines never came even close.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
Matt7895 said:
Dark Individual said:
Matt7895 said:

The invasion of Normandy was pretty good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c64C-8v8Cjw

The thing is though, as someone pointed out in the comments on that YouTube video, Joker has brittle bone disease. One of the first things he says in ME1 is he finds it hard to take a piss without breaking something. I really doubted he could have jogged like that through the Normandy. Yeah, afterwards EDI said he has a broken rib or something, but that isn't enough.

Joker JOGS in ME2? WTF? He shouldn't even be able to walk on his own. His character is so fucking retarded. I don't care how good a pilot he his: he isn't combat effective. If the ship lurches and he falls out of his chair, or even just slams hard onto the control console, he will have broken multiple bones and can't do his job. I continue to hope that Bioware will give the player the opportunity to give Joker a good shove and then laugh hysterically as he writhes in pain on the floor.

Mystary!

Arcane
In baldurs gate, the first time I put on the girdle of sex change withouth having it identified. I freaked, but was also pleasently suprised that I couldn't take for granted that all loot was something good.

Helton

Arcane
Return to Krondor was a pretty mediocre game but I remember I loved the ending.

The details are hazey, but through the game one of your characters, William I think, is seperated from the party and becomes an avatar of the vengence god. Your main party confronts the bad guy and is completely outclassed but then William shows up and is all "you have no idea who you're fucking with!"

Matt7895 said:
I have to say that that is truly a great experience the first time through. If only the whole game had the sense of urgency and "final stand" feel.

laclongquan

Arcane
mornick said:
laclongquan said:
Eliminate Mertzger's slaver band in The Den before go to Modoc and further. A full application of TNT planting, locking doors, ambush in bottlnecked alley, with the scarce ammo scrounged from traders.

Pft. Now blowing up a dunnie with TNT - THAT's epic! In D&D terms it's a maximized, enlarged shitstorm.

I dont know what the hell you are talking about? What is dunnie and why the hell is it a maximized enalrged shitstorm? And why the hell is it a great moment?

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Playing Wizardry 7, for the fist time, and discovering those small clitoris-shaped stones on the walls, that opened secret rooms when you clicked them.

Discovering that those aforementioned secret rooms didn't have just fat loot, but sometimes where big ass labyrinths, or had some powerful foes... and some fat loot.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Konjad said:
Bloodlines was a great game in general but I can't remember one, best moment... most random moments were better than the bests moments in most of other cRPGs.

This is the case with most of my favourite games, i feel that they were great as a whole and cannot really choose the best moment. There are a lot of cool moments i can remember from BG series, Fallouts, VtMB and others, but they just don't stand out that much.

The exception is PST:

- TNO remembering his name.
- Dialogue with that golem in the siege tower.
- Learning about Deionarra and other deeds of your previous incarnation.
- Learning that Morte and Dakkon have not told you everything.
- The dialogue at the ending.
- Sitting in front of my PC watching the end credits and understanding that all other games i considered to be masterpieces will not feel as good after what i just expirienced (i don't even mention next gen games), that i just expirienced the highest point for storytelling in the genre.

Black

Arcane
TNO merging with Tony Jay and resurrecting everyone.
Battling Balor in ToEE. Battle with Hedrack, getting Iuz and Cuthbert to appear. So good.
Glow in FO1
Getting the tanker to work in FO2
Nessie in Wiz 8
Evil ending in Motb
And to piss you fags off- surviving carronade in Breath of Fire 4

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Matt7895 said:
I wonder why, with all progress that happened between our times and Mass Effect, there is steal no successful treatment for people with Lobstein syndrome. Hmm... pharmaceutical companies must be more interested in preventing all these alien STDs that can be spread thanks to morons like Shepard.

Nameless0ne

Novice
Ravel-NamelessOne interaction.

Discovering Tower of skulls in PST.

Killing Butcher in Diablo 1. I love this part; I was playing it midnight, creepy atmosphere, scary sounds, Butcher yelling out. It was just pure scary.

Almost all random encounters in Fallout 2. Especially the one - where starfleet vessel is crashed.

Jeanette and her sister quest from Bloodlines. It was EPIC.

Whole Malkavian part from Bloodlines.

To keep on flying in Morrowind.

KOTOR 1 - Realising the truth...!!!

burrie

Scholar
Quest for Glory 4's finale. The lead-up to the ritual, the betrayal, the sacrifice... the utterly absurd QFGey way of defeating the boss

telling a friggin' joke

... and meeting a legend that's been mentioned in the series from #1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom