Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Great Abandonware Website

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
sheek said:
http://www.myabandonware.com/browse/genre/role-playing-rpg-5/

Ten pages of games, including many less popular ones which I've never seen on another website + a fuckton of sci-fi.[/img]

Nice find, I never got used to the new Abandonia look anyway.

Redeye

Arcane
Annie Carlson said:
NOOOOOO! I downloaded Phantasie, but it doesn't seem to run with DosBOX. Am I living in retardoland and there's something obvious I'm missing to make it work? I last played this game when I was I think TEN so slack needs to be cut.

wtf?

Erebus

Arcane
SCO said:
Never got anywhere in B.A.T. 2 The copy protection defeated me handily.

I never got anywhere in B.A.T. 2 because it made me want to kill myself. It was a waste of perfectly good money that I could instead have used to buy Spelljammer : Pirates of Realmspace.

Hard Knox

Educated
There's this thing that lets you skip the physical shipping part, you know.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Hard Knox said:
There's this thing that lets you skip the physical shipping part, you know.
:lol:

If we all lived in a little village called codexia , this swapping thing could be possible.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
ghostdog said:

If we all lived in a little village called codexia , this swapping thing could be possible.

If we all lived in the same, we would have all killed each other already. That or sodomize each other and form a glorious crown of flesh in the middle of the village.

Michael Ellis

Scholar
Project: Eternity
Some people like the maps and manuals versus pdf. For example, I just picked up M&M Platinum and it has miniposter maps.

Luzur

Good Sir
Gragt said:
ghostdog said:

If we all lived in the same, we would have all killed each other already. That or sodomize each other and form a glorious crown of flesh in the middle of the village.

and im pretty sure it would have been nuked several times by several different nations.

SkeleTony

Augur
I can vouch for Andyman's genius. I once asked him how many fingers I was holding up and he took his hoof and scratched out a whole new superstring theorem thing in the dirt that actually made sense.

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
Mike: It proceeds apace. The problem mostly is that Seattle's environment is kinda butts right now, but the positive side is that I am Working on a Thing. This aides in keeping my mad design skillz (with a z, even) up to snuff!

UPDATE: you know, I halfway wonder if DosBox isn't working for me because the DOSBox is detecting for Vista, and I'm running Win2000 for chrissake. Going to poke it with a stick some more, see if that proves useful.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Annie Carlson said:
UPDATE: you know, I halfway wonder if DosBox isn't working for me because the DOSBox is detecting for Vista, and I'm running Win2000 for chrissake. Going to poke it with a stick some more, see if that proves useful.

If you have some time, you might try searching on the DOSBox Forums. They might have something about win2000 on there.

Michael Ellis

Scholar
Project: Eternity
Annie, best of luck with the search. My company laid off some folks about a month ago and I have a couple of friends out of work. Unfortunately, we may see 10%+ unemployment nationally before the year is over. Some states are suffering less so relocation may be worth considering.

As a supplement to DosBox for gaming, I have installed older versions of Windows using Virtual PC. Anyone know if old DOS pre Windows 3.1 will run virtual?
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtua ... fault.aspx

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom