Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grayshaft - Russian indie Gothic clone

Zariusz

Arbiter
Looks decent but those menus look fucking terrible, generic af.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
That name. What in the fuck were they thinking?
It's perfectly prestigious to select a name along the lines of Braunstein, Brownstone, Blackmoor, and Greyhawk, but they should have chosen a better object for the second half of the name, and they should have selected a color other than those already used. :M

Well that doesn't look too bad. I'd prefer a more realistic approach to the graphical design of nature though. It seems the photorealistic nature design of the KC:D Beta (not the - comparadely - ugly-ass release version!) was a singular thing in gaming history, sadly. Not only in terms of details but also in color (there is too much color and radiance in the landscapes presented in the trailer, whereas Gothic 2 had more natural color tones). Anyway, in general it looks interesting enough and almost like a lost part of Gothic/Risen. Even the music sounds exactly like Gothic 2. I'll definitely stay tuned.

tritosine2k

Erudite
Well that doesn't look too bad. I'd prefer a more realistic approach to the graphical design of nature though. It seems the photorealistic nature design of the KC:D Beta (not the - comparadely - ugly-ass release version!) was a singular thing in gaming history, sadly. Not only in terms of details but also in color (there is too much color and radiance in the landscapes presented in the trailer, whereas Gothic 2 had more natural color tones). Anyway, in general it looks interesting enough and almost like a lost part of Gothic/Risen. Even the music sounds exactly like Gothic 2. I'll definitely stay tuned.

Yeah if only they followed the 2013 cryengine recipe that would get them result. But counting individual tree leaves? Get a tech artist and send the "canopy guy" elsewhere.

https://kurisuto.artstation.com/projects/n8DA1
(ryse has dedicated static shadow for far distance)

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm cautiously optimistic for this, but the apparently large team they have gave me a pause. Hopefully it won't become a soulless, by the numbers, sausage factory type of affair.

The quests without an entry in the quest log is incline. Actually, in addition to losing the GPS and automaps, I'd prefer if RPGs lost the quest log too. You should *discover* the quests by paying attention, putting pieces of info together, and from environmental cues. Then you should make your own notes. Locations mentioned in the dialogs should be vague but discoverable, and you perhaphs could even ask for directions from random NPCs. I think the "laundry list" style of "FedEx questing" invented in the 90s is actually decline.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
I'm cautiously optimistic for this, but the apparently large team they have gave me a pause. Hopefully it won't become a soulless, by the numbers, sausage factory type of affair.

The quests without an entry in the quest log is incline. Actually, in addition to losing the GPS and automaps, I'd prefer if RPGs lost the quest log too. You should *discover* the quests by paying attention, putting pieces of info together, and from environmental cues. Then you should make your own notes. Locations mentioned in the dialogs should be vague but discoverable, and you perhaphs could even ask for directions from random NPCs. I think the "laundry list" style of "FedEx questing" invented in the 90s is actually decline.
i bet you don't churn your butter though
fucking casual

Ryzer

Arcane
Black Geyser
Gray Shaft
Foresaken Kin

This can't be coincidence at this point

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom