Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Auto V - Released on PC

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
I'm playing GTA5 story mode and GTA Online parallelly since it came out, so far I am:

- absolutely shocked how rich in content this game is. It's unbelievable how much work it consumed.

Not that I'm complaining, but a lot of it didn't add to the overall game.

Hikers, fishermen, beach dwellers etc... You watch them and try to appreciate the amount of work that went into such small details, then you come to the conclusion that they should have devoted those resources to the main game itself.

If any game deserves 10/10 score, it's GTA5. I can't think of any other title being so near to be a "perfect entertaiment".

Yet, multiplaye asider, it's a lesser game than San Andreas.

MasPingon

Arcane
Anyone want to help me with escape from prison heist? I'm stuck with it, cause i can't find the crew. My account name is Mas_Pingon.

bonescraper

Meh, i'll play some online once i finish the game. Online so far is a huge disappointment anyway, i hope the heists are worth it.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Is there any reason to play the heists online, if I like and play Payday 2?

Ivan

Arcane
Red Dead Redemption was clunky, vapid as fuck. Only Act 1 in that game was "good" (and that was b/c of Bonnie).

Sothpaw

Learned
This is a good GTA game but it is so fucking easy. All three special abilities are way too powerful. Also what is up with the races; is it even possible to not get 1st place?

Graphics and performance are both as good as it gets and the soundtack is awesome. Also glad they made flying a big part of the game again.

toroid

Arcane
RDR always puts me to sleep.. The mellow music, the clopping of horse hooves, the ambient noises. I'll probably never finish it - too relaxing.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Am I the only one who's not a big fan of radio stations in V?

Yeah it's all shit for the most part. At least Rebel Radio has two Johnny Cash songs (well, one of his and one Highwaymen song), he was a bro. I mean, would it have killed their budget to add a bay area metal radio in the mix, too? Licensing costs would've been a fraction of the pop channel. A classical station would've been nice too.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
You had Jimmy Gestapo on the hardcore radio there too, which was pretty awesome.

If you drive in the county you can listen to that radio station that has Kenny Powers, it's fucking hilarious.

RedScum

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
V-Rock-Logo.png

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Queen, Yes, Starship, Creedence, Kansas, and some of the songs on Rebel Radio are okay.

Other than that; yeah the radio kinda suck.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Are they tied to story progression or something similar or do the talk radio shows have very little content? It might just be nostalgia but I remember San Andreas' (and maybe Vice City's) radio talk shows having more variation in what the hosts talked about.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
I've had radio news talk about missions I've finished around the city, but I don't listen much to the news so it has only been a few instances in passing.

SoupNazi

Is there any reason to play the heists online, if I like and play Payday 2?
Well the reason would be that you can't do them offline? lol
What I really mean is that are these heist well developed enough to rival Payday 2?
I wouldn't compare the two. GTA has heists that are on an open map, there's no abilities and specializations, and it's more about the various vehicles - it shows that they clearly didn't want an outright competition with Payday and decided to have crazy stunts with jets, helicopters with miniguns and rocket launchers, armored cars, etc. to play to GTA's strength rather than out-Payday Payday 2. Payday obviously has more depth to the shooting&stealth part heists, because that's the sole focus of it.

On the other hand, stealth in GTA can be approached in different ways, you can go up close to melee/silenced pistol the enemies, or snipe them from a hill because you have this huge open map. Same goes for shootouts where you can do a drive by attack or go in on foot or get a helicopter and shoot everyone from the air... etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom