Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Gothic Remake Welcome To The Old Camp Showcase Trailer

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why%20does%20my%20light%20smell%20like%20fish.jpg

Arthandas

Prophet
Can't wait to play if three years after release with unofficial G1R patch 3.74b

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

how would that work with the lore? women where cumrags in the OG game ALL-MALE PENAL COLONY MINE

Why COULDN'T half of the Spartan and Athenian armies in AssCreed Odyssey consist of women, why WOULDN'T there be Subsaharan Africans in 1400s Bohemia, why COULDN'T Cleopatra be black, why COULDN'T there be female Vikings?

Why COULDN'T men be women and vice versa?

Why COULDN'T there be women in an all-male penal colony?

Modron

Arcane
Why COULDN'T Ptolemaic Egypt be populated entirely by the Sudanese and one hairy greek man in AssCreed Origins? DNA studies on graveyard from the time suggest no more than 1-2% of the population was subsaharan.

Taurist

Scholar
Why is everyone British?

All the charm of the original will be gone as I predicted.
as opposed the the original en dub which had three actors?

Gothic, for me, is so bound up in the archaic control scheem that even a "good" remake would fail. Zero chance this will be good.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Why is everyone British?

All the charm of the original will be gone as I predicted.
as opposed the the original en dub which had three actors?

Gothic, for me, is so bound up in the archaic control scheem that even a "good" remake would fail. Zero chance this will be good.

The German VA was excellent though. You got shafted in the past as well, maybe this is revenge with the british wank.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Best control scheme ever, you just need to spend 5 minutes to learn it. Like... uh, learning anything?

You can play the game 90% of the time without lifting your finger off the keyboard, and only use the mouse for looking around now and then, but even that is optional.

Took me about 5 minutes to learn it, and then I wished all ARPGs had such a keyboard-driven control scheme.

Always loved the game but hated the voice acting so I switched it to the original German audio (with English subtitles)and have always done so since. It's silly to expect that (a specific decision I made) in this remake, but man, the cockney voices and typical Renaissance Festival lute music (was that in the original? I don't remember it) rob this of a lot of its original identity. Could be cool. Maybe I can set it to German again.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Interesting how some people are really sensitive to voice acting and accents. I literally never had any issue with any voice-acting in any game I played. Those things are kinda "invisible" to me; it's just people talking.

Last edited:

Abhay

Augur
Looks nice. But too short and doesn't give the vibes of the gothic, at least, the views captured, so far. Should have been a better version to include what made the feel of the classic so memorable, esp the night time details were missing.

Not a criticism. Will wait for more videos to post my views.

Game is such a classic its best to release a longer version full of gameplay improvement and changes. Teasers are a waste.

EDIT

LOL. Really? Controls were good in concept, but technically, and in practice; badly implemented! I hope the new version doesn't repeat the same approach just to satisfy hardcore fanboys. Sure, the idea was neat but not convenient to play otherwise. Repeat it only if its ease of execution is perfectly implemented

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom