Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Gothic 3 interview, part I

Octotron

Novice
Of course any of the Gothic games has its own strengths and weaknesses, and with each new instalment new boobs wormed their way into the design ;).

I don't remember any nudity? :?

I just hope it doesn't eat keystrokes like Gothic II. That was my greatest frustration. Lost keystrokes and command response lag. Gameplay performance was great, just poor code for handling keyboard commands.

Zomg

Arbiter
Actually, I think both Gothics have some bare breasts in the European versions. The first Gothic had Gomez's concubines, and the second had that prostitute cutscene.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
There are neither any lost keystrokes nor a response lag in my version of Gothic 2. The keyboard interface is very good.

Kendar

Novice
Same here. But something still eludes me : I don't know how they ended up thinking that an interface unable to recognize the mouse is a good thing, but somehow they did. At least the new fighting system does recognize the mouse and is rather enjoyable.

Octotron

Novice
If you say so...

As I said, my graphics performance was excellent, and other aspects of the game performed very well. My expectations are high admittedly. I was expecting FPS like keyboard response. Things like turning around then pressing forward would not work and I'd have to release and tap forward again. Or running up to a foe or an object and having to delay a moment after I come to a complete stop or else lose the pickup/draw weapon command and have to press it again. I do use the mouse for orientation/facing.

I'm a software engineer, and while I know there are fanboys who love the game (for good reason!), the game does have a few problems, and I am certain it has flaws in the key handling possibly related to movement and mouse handling.

p.s. the boob thing was a joke. :roll: He didn't mean to say "booboo"? Ah, maybe I am too old.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
If by "response lag" you mean "the fact that my character may have to finish a swing with his two handed sword before he can try to block incoming strike even if I PRESS THE CORRECT KEY GODDAMIT!" then yeah, combat in Gothic 2 was laggy as hell. In other words, you had to time your attacks and movement.

LlamaGod

Cipher
My controls worked fine

maybe your computer is just made from turds or something

ALot of people had the same problems with Bloodlines, I heard keyboard drivers for wacky shit those weird keyboards have can cause that

zorba

Novice
Come on, guys. In both Gothics animations could not be interrupted by keyboard commands. That's how the (in)famous luring strategy was born. Not because two opponents were too strong, but because they could lock the player out of the game. A high level player could find himself in an animation lock caused by two or three attacking bloodflies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom