Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic 3 goes gold

JoeN

Novice
So I had to click 3 links and to read a whole page (well I didnt, I just gave it a glance)
just to see that you are telling me that I am a plant ?!

What, I didnt whine loud enough about the features that they are cutting or were you
offended that I said I really liked the Series a bit aloquently.... You fucking moron...
Once again reminds me why I generally dont post in forums (been lurkin in the codex
since VD's Oblivion review and decided to post a few days back: slow day at work+
excitement about G3)

And Imagine I said I consider cancelling my preorder too... hilarious...
Fuck...

Shannow

Waster of Time
i was asking, not telling.

What, I didnt whine loud enough about the features that they are cutting or were you
offended that I said I really liked the Series a bit aloquently
it's eloquent. where was i saying, i was offended. you just sounded like an advertisment/ PR-talker. not like a fanboi.

You fucking moron
no need to become insulting ;) i might have believed a simple "no" or if you'd just ridiculed me, but it seems that i have touched a sensitive spot. as if you'd felt caught.
well, your denial wasn't really convincing....

JoeN

Novice
Shannow said:
i was asking, not telling.

offended that I said I really liked the Series a bit aloquently
it's eloquent. where was i saying, i was offended. you just sounded like an advertisment/ PR-talker. not like a fanboi.

You fucking moron
no need to become insulting ;) i might have believed a simple "no" or if you'd just ridiculed me, but it seems that i have touched a sensitive spot. as if you'd felt caught.
well, your denial wasn't really convincing....

Emm,
#1 Asking who yourself ?
#2 You have problem following long sentences ? or just colorful language ?
#3 Hmm I get it now a newbie to the forums looking to suck up to his peers by
"uncovering the PR Plant" .

Well, I was not looking to convince you with my denial. Why would I care for the opinion
of some lazy idiot that didnt go through the trouble of reading through my posts before
insulting me like that (it was pretty damn insulting your insinuation). I mean its either that
or there is something wrong with your reading skills...

I was trying to insult you... and having to follow a couple of links added to the aggravation. I would have it appreciated more if you have saved me the time ...
You got under my skin ... Congrats..

Ladonna

Arcane
What would he be a PR guy of Shannow? I think you failed your logic test there. He is currently, like many of us, complaining about PB's 'forward' thinking. That doesn't sound very 'plantish' to me.

Im a PLANT! Yippeee :twisted:

Shannow

Waster of Time
you sounded PR-ish.
i was asking YOU. a simple answer would have been "no" or "no, i'm just generally very enthusiastic about the gothic series. but i do see why you would get such an idea." THEN you could have gone on with the OBVIOUS reasons why you're not a plant:
1. most people here like gothic anyway and trying to advertise for gothic here would be quite pointless.
2. you (probably) don't do photosynthesis.

#2 You have problem following long sentences ? or just colorful language ?
no.

#3 Hmm I get it now a newbie to the forums looking to suck up to his peers by
"uncovering the PR Plant" .
why would i want to suck up to anyone here? (i'm asking JoeN.)
Why would I care for the opinion
of some lazy idiot
i cannot think of a single reason. but i also cannot think of a single reason why you should start insulting and being rude to "some lazy idiot". those are questions you have to ask yourself.
it was pretty damn insulting your insinuation
i am truly sorry about that. it was a simple question. i didn't think you'd overeact like that.
I was trying to insult you
see, that is the difference. i wasn't trying. that was not my intention. as i said, i'm sorry that i got under your skin. you probably don't feel sorry, but if you do, don't fret, i do not feel insulted by strangers on the internet. (although ladonna really broke my heart by coming out and admitting to be a plant^^)
Well, I was not looking to convince you with my denial.
then why bother?

Shannow

Waster of Time
I think you failed your logic test there. He is currently, like many of us, complaining about PB's 'forward' thinking. That doesn't sound very 'plantish' to me.
you didn't ask politely but i'll answer anyway. fisrt of all i want to make a few things clear: neither am i saying that JoeN IS a plant, nor am i trying to convince you.
logic test:
i am a plant for gothic. what do i do?:
i look for forums that centre around computer games, preferably rpgs:
rpgcodex; check.

i might try to post on several topics to intergrate myself. or i might find a thread already concerned with my product and decide to post there:
gothic 3 gone gold; check.

why would i advertise in a thread that already likes gothic? no, idea, why do they advertise with pop-ups or banners that make aweful noises? does anybody like them? do people truly buy products after having to click away the same pop-up for the thousandth time?
no real check, and probably the weakest point in my reasoning.

i realise that the people are posting about obvious faults of my product. i decide to chime in to gain their confidence. after chiming in a few times i turn around and and post: it has those SMALL faults, BUT [insert super cool features].
Climbing, diving, doing logical and relevant to the World things that were part of a free-
form kind of "physical" gameplay, gave Gothic's world a certain feeling of "realism", of
substance if you like. This, along with the credible and unique NPCs, the realistic
behaviour of the Fauna and excellent (dense) design gave the world a lively aspect and
its distinctive atmosphere that (at least for me) really sucked you in.

Its as integral a part of the series as much as its actual story-setting and I too would
not like to see it loosing it.

@ladonna: The funny thing is that they Did indeed licence Gamebryo but claim to have
used it only as a base framework to start development quickly. They subsequently
replaced all parts of said engine with their own code because Gamebryo didnt fit the bill
concerning the series type of World and gameplay... So its their code now that comes
short..

Oh and dont think that they(PB) are in any way in, say, Bethesdas league in terms of
budget (19 person dev team, Bankrupt publisher etc) But Yeah you are right about
Troika... (I mean these guys licenced the Bochumer Filarmoniker and Prague Choir and
Lisbeth Scott for the bloody Soundtrack... There must be some significant funds in there
somewhere despite Jowood's Financial woes)
check.
now i hope you get the idea why i thought that JoeN might be a guerillia marketeer and decided to ask him whether he is one or not. the question was purely out of curiosity. since that is a job, i'd like to do myself *g*

Ladonna

Arcane
No Shannow.

He was talking about how good the EARLIER PB games were. True.

Then he basically said 'And we cannot even blame the engine used for Oblivion, because PB dumped that and made their own' which says that he is saying all the fuckups that we have detected with the new Gothic game (all of us including JoeN) are their own mistakes, with their own gaming engine.

I would hardly think its the mark of a true Plant to rip up their new, soon to be on the market, game.

denizsi

Arcane
Can anyone tell what got cut out in Gothic 2, that was in Gothic 1? I'm just curious.

elkston

Novice
Can anyone tell what got cut out in Gothic 2, that was in Gothic 1? I'm just curious.

Nothing. They used the same engine and simply improved the combat control, graphics, and fight behaviour.

The only thing that was sort of missing was the "acrobatics" skill, but that came back with Night of the Raven expansion.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
They removed lockpicking doors. Not that it was ever used heavily, but I thought it was a good feature. These "you gotta have a key" doors are annoying.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom