Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gord - adventure strategy game with city builder elements inspired by Slavic folklore

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Dev Log Series - Visual Design
In this weeks Dev Log we'll be diving into the art of Gord, and look at how the visual design team began work on our dark fantasy adventure-strategy.

Join Stan, and Tomek (Lead Concept Artist), as they discuss how they found the right visual style, how concepts are created and how Tomek often has to decipher Stan's drawings.

Key Talking Points:

• Looking for the right visual style
  • Intro to Tomek Larek - Lead Concept Artist
  • Ardaven concept
  • How concepts come to life

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Dev Log Series - Enter the Gord
In this instalment our of Developer Series, we explore the creation of your first Gord. We look at the buildings and resources you must manage, how many options are at your disposal and how managing your space can be an important skill to master.

Join Stan and Michal (Lead Designer), as they discuss the initial ideas behind city-building, and how a blend of two genres had to be considered when shaping this key pillar of the game.

In this video, we will also discuss:

• Building variety
  • Upgrades
  • Attention to detail
  • Why Gord is more than just a City-Builder

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Dev Log Series - The Villagers
In this weeks Development Log, we focus on the villagers of your gord. Diving into the games genre, how the plan changed when elements were combined, and why it's important to care for your townsfolk.

In this video, Stan talks us through:

• How strategy is combined with horror.
  • How the team got into the adventure strategy space.
  • Why villagers are unique.
  • The connection between players and their villagers.

Barbarian

Arcane
Recent trailer with console release announcement says it is coming this summer, which means in 2-3 months?

It seems really interesting but there is not much info. For instance I can't figure out if this will come out in EA or not(hopefully NOT).

Late Bloomer

Scholar
They haven't said one way or another. When it was brought up on Steam they said they havent decided yet. That was last year though. The console trailer just says "this summer".

ss_0c155c133574abe84df09c9b307e42b04bd4ecc0.1920x1080.jpg

Barbarian

Arcane
So 2-3 months from release and they can't even say if it is early access or not?

I hope they add a "no negroes" option to their slav inspired setting btw.

Barbarian

Arcane
To be honest, I think these pictures with the negroid models are from a previous version of the game, maybe even stock models they used. The most recent screenshots and videos I saw had better models which were more slav/norse looking(including beards and moustaches).

gord-screenshot_6192833.jpg

Disagree about lack of art direction as well, I like the style of the buildings and weapons - believable iron age tech. Monsters look cool as well, except as someone pointed out they don't seem to have a basis in actual slavic folklore.

There is a subversive element in this in that you play as a pagan tribe - there is mention of human sacrifice in some of the devs videos for instance. The "magic" in the game seems to come from boons provided by worshipping slav deities(Perun is mentioned for instance).

I don't see neutral pronouns and sodomy mentioned or presented, and they mention that your tribe grows by its members actually having children, so the globohomo influence seems to be absent.

Anyway, lack of information is disheartening so close to release and makes one suspicious, but the game seems to have potential. Hopefully they won't have a botched release or go the EA route.

Kruyurk

Learned
This looks very generic indeed. I cannot tell if a screenshot is from this game or the recent Wartales. Polished yet soulless looking games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom