Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Goodbye Bioware

Achilles

Arcane
I just want TOR to become free-to-play, I'd like to try it out.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Hundreds of developers may soon find themselves out of work, as a StartupGrind report claims Electronic Arts is planning to lay off between 500 and 1,000 employees, as much as 11 percent of the company, with cuts coming as soon as this week.

The story is written by former EA employee and Burnout franchise product manager Derek Andersen and cites multiple sources within the company for the news. Andersen pointed to a variety of contributing factors for the cuts, noting that the massively multiplayer online role-playing game Star Wars: The Old Republic did not meet internal sales estimates and is facing declining subscription numbers.

illK6U.gif

Burn, Bioware, burn!

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hundreds of developers may soon find themselves out of work, as a StartupGrind report claims Electronic Arts is planning to lay off between 500 and 1,000 employees, as much as 11 percent of the company, with cuts coming as soon as this week.

The story is written by former EA employee and Burnout franchise product manager Derek Andersen and cites multiple sources within the company for the news. Andersen pointed to a variety of contributing factors for the cuts, noting that the massively multiplayer online role-playing game Star Wars: The Old Republic did not meet internal sales estimates and is facing declining subscription numbers.

illK6U.gif

Burn, Bioware, burn!
:lol: I can not even get my head around what they were trying to do with that piece of shit. From the first 5 minutes of playing the beta I had the exact same feeling I did when playing Warhammer Online (except that at least had the redeeming feature of an awesome PvP system), that it was too similar to Warcraft with no hope of being able to match it's community anytime soon, which would lead to it dying. I guess they were relying on the post-mass effect Bioware dialogue and "choices" to pull in the same crowd that dig that stuff.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Shameless steal:
Black already posted it in the EA thread, but this is also relevant to LOL Bioware!, so:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/ea-laying-off-up-to-1000-report-6371851

biowaresss..jpg
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-mass-effect-thread.68704/page-272#post-2053566
:hero:
So BioWare is facing layoffs. Obsidian is facing layoffs.

Ashes to ashes, they all fall down.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Maybe the layoffs could start their own company. Romancing Bugs Studios!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Somewhat Bioware dying is not a sad thought for me.

I agree. Now that we have Wasteland 2, Banner Saga (and possibly a decent Shadowrun cRPG) I don't honestly give a flying fuck about BioWare anymore. They can just rot in hell for all I care.

Wise Emperor

Arcane
I hope you guys understand that they will fire programmers, low level artist, all that kind of "craftsmen" and not the high ranking CEOs, Creative Douchebags, Senior Dumbfucks or Lead Fags?

You cannot make an omelete without breaking some eggs my dear Emperor.

And the people you are talking about are usually youngsters. Who hasn't been laid off in their life? The place was falling apart around here when I first entered the workforce. They will survive, but hopefully the vomit coming from Bioware will cease and desist.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Blackadder I miss your old avatar. Alas, your post reads as if you work for Bioware :D

Don't think anything will happen to BioWare though, are they not coming with another blockbuster in the DragonAge franchise all with armour that magically changes shape depending on the character that is wearing it and all ? Should be a massive hit.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Fucking shit cunt Biofucks can get raped by 30 donkeys dicks go die in a fire.

Regdar

Arcane
Bioware will probably live long enough to see Dragon Age 3 get a 2.0 user score on metacritic. In the meantime, EA will find some other 1000 slaves to lay off.

Micmu

Magister
So, has biowarez announce their next game after dragon gag 3? No?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom