Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Golden Era vs Rennaissance (late 90s/early 00s) [POLL]

Which era have the best rpgs?

• Golden Era

Votes: 29 38.2%
  • Rennaissance (by Lilura)

Votes: 47 61.8%

• Total voters

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
agentorange,don't be jealous girl,you can join us. I am pretty good at the bondage shit,tight enough to hurt,but not enough to leave a mark.

Cael

Arcane
What people definitely do is browse. What they read or skip is anyone's guess without comments.
Search for something on Google.
Clicks on link.
What the fuck is this shit?
Close tab, and clicks on next link in Google search.

In the meantime, hey! Unique visit!

As one of the old fucks who thought it was a nice novelty to see DnD brought to Computers and my old Amiga when games like Wizardry and Dungeon Master started coming out, I have to say Renaissance. When I play DnD or other systems i'm looking for a good DM who can craft an interesting story with meaningful choices. I don't care for choosing a +2 sword or a +2 axe with agillity bonus that just affects how much stabbing I can do. I like intrigue. Using my characters skills to get out of situations and affect the plot. Using my history skill to persuade the baron not to attack that evil temple. Which has a different outcome compared to using my bluff skill to lie about a Rival of mine who I want attacked instead.
I liked BG and Fallout onwards because that was more like the sort of RPGs I would play.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Stone Age = 70s to early 80s
Bronze Age = mid 80s to early 90s
Iron Age = early 90s to late 90s
Classical Age = late 90s to mid 2000s
Dark Age = mid 2000s to early 2010s
Renaissance = early 2010s onwards
Industrial Age = Steam

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
It's official. Dex loves renaissance rpgs. More than the golden age ones. It's not a big surprise since this site was builded to praise games like arcanum, fallout and baldurs gate, tho', as some old users already stated.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom