Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gold Box Goldbox Trivia Quiz

Null Null

Arbiter
Some of you may have seen this on the FRUA boards, but I think some of you may enjoy it as well. Sure you can 'cheat' by Googling the answers, but you may have more fun doing otherwise.

1. Which monster that you were expected to beat had the highest HP of any Goldbox title? Which monster that you could beat?

2. Which monsters appeared in the most Goldbox games?

3. Longswords +5 were available in which games?

4. Which monster had a different combat icon in every game it was in?

5. What is the lowest attainable AC in any game?

6. What is the lowest attainable THAC0 in any game?

7. Which game can be won without going through any of the quests?

8. Which monster only appeared in a Dave's Challenge?

9. In which game was the exploding fireball first visible on the screen?

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
I have no fucking clue.

Time to replay them all, I guess.

In related news, I got a new external HDD, so I'm cleaning up my old, smaller HDD's and putting everything on this one, organizing it better as well. So far, I have found four different folders with Gold Box games! :D

madrigal

Augur
#7 could possibly be Pool of Radiance because you could go straight to defeat tyranthraxus without any quests although defeating tyranthraxus is completing a quest so maybe not.

Alright, here goes.

1. Bits O' Moander in Curse of the Azure Bonds? No idea on the other one; things get murky what with difficulty settings changing HP, throws off my memory.

2. I'm going to guess ogres, which I think were in every game.

3. Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, Secret of the Silver Blades (technically a Silver Longsword +5), Dark Queen of Krynn, Gateway to the Savage Frontier

4. Bits O' Moander?

5. I think it was -16 or -17 in Dark Queen, combining Solamnic Plate with rings and cloaks, because it wasn't counted as magical but provided slightly better protection than the best Bracers.

6. No clue. -10?

7. Pool of Radiance is the only one that comes to mind.

8. No idea here.

9. Secret of the Silver Blades, I think.

Gozma

Arcane
I have played them about 3-4 times each and I got no fucking idea m8. I just played DKoK and the only thing I can remember is the undead parody of life town

Altho does the fake +5 sword in CoK count I remember that too

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom