Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Steam also gives you the option every time you install agame.

Dumbfuck.
They must have added that option at some point, because I've seen and used guides to move games installed in C: to other drives.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
They must have added that option at some point, because I've seen and used guides to move games installed in C: to other drives.
Yeah that's for existing games already installed in your Steam folder. For new installs you can choose where to install, the feature has been there for at least a year.

Edit: 2 years.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Last edited by a moderator:

tormund

Arcane
More rumours about coming games.
https://af.gog.com/forum/general/ga...or_release_in_the_future_part_2?as=1649904300
Also, apparently Homeworld Remastered Collection is making its way to GOG as well, and thus GOG should be getting the Duke Nukem games when Gearbox makes them available once more. Again, I'd provide proof but the first rule of counter-terrorism and benign corporate espionage is 'protect the snitch'
This reminds me that Brothers in Arms games still aren't on GOG for whatever reason. They never get discounts better than 40-50% on Steam, and other sites are peddling UPlay keys.

Siobhan

Arbiter
And all those neat features they promised seems will never arrive. Matchmaking for multiplayer, crossgame chat... it is really a useless application as it is.
What do you expect from a company that couldn't even get something simple like a download client to work? The original gog downloader was (or is it still around?) a bloated, unstable Windows-only monstrosity with Teletubby UI, and given the small feature set they could've just as well implemented it as a WebExtension that runs in every browser. The inofficial lgogdownloader for Linux is being developed by a single guy and outclasses the official one by leaps and bounds. It's downright embarrassing.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I...have no words. God....god is real. And he is called JudasIscariot . And he listened to my prayers. Listened to them for Majesty, listened for Requiem. Let me marry you Judas! Thank you!!!!!!! :takemyjewgold:

Now, Noone Lives Forever, get to work lazy scum!

Edit: Oh, and Mafia, Mafia too.

Last edited:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
A combo Stardock/Paradox weekend sale.

https://af.gog.com/promo/weekend_promo_paradox_stardock_150416?as=1649904300

Cities in Motion
Crusader Kings
Europa Universalis
Fallen Enchantress
Galactic Civilizations (GC2 for less than $5)
Hearts of Iron (HoI 3 + DLC for less than $10)
King Arthur Collection (for less than $5)
Majesty
Pillars of Eternity
Sengoku
Sorcerer King
Star Control (SC1+SC2 for ~$1 !!! )
Victoria

Severian Silk

More rumours about coming games.
https://af.gog.com/forum/general/ga...or_release_in_the_future_part_2?as=1649904300
Also, apparently Homeworld Remastered Collection is making its way to GOG as well, and thus GOG should be getting the Duke Nukem games when Gearbox makes them available once more. Again, I'd provide proof but the first rule of counter-terrorism and benign corporate espionage is 'protect the snitch'
Uh, aren't all the numerous mods tied to Steam or something? And what about multiplayer? Can Steam ppl play against gog ppl?

Maybe you mean re-releases of HW1 and HW2 (non-remastered) which have multiplayer disabled by Gearbox?

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Uh, aren't all the numerous mods tied to Steam or something? And what about multiplayer? Can Steam ppl play against gog ppl?

Maybe you mean re-releases of HW1 and HW2 which have multiplayer disabled by Gearbox?
Actually i have no idea.
That is just copy/pasta of stuff that I found in GOG forums.

Old One

Arcane
I wonder whether anyone can help me out here.

There's a guy on GOG.com (I don't know him beyond a couple of chat messages) who wants me to vote for his favorite game on the wishlist: Legend of Dragon Island. The problem is, I can't find any information about this game anywhere. He insists he has the name right, and that it's a strategy game from 1999. I don't mind voting for someone else's game, but I'd like to know whether or not it's even real first. Has anyone heard of Legend of Dragon Island? It seems damned odd that I can't find a scrap of info about it.

Thanks.

P.S. He's the guy who started the wishlist threads for this game, and no one else has voted for it. Very peculiar.

Telengard

Arcane

There's a guy on GOG.com (I don't know him beyond a couple of chat messages) who wants me to vote for his favorite game on the wishlist: Legend of Dragon Island. The problem is, I can't find any information about this game anywhere. He insists he has the name right, and that it's a strategy game from 1999. I don't mind voting for someone else's game, but I'd like to know whether or not it's even real first. Has anyone heard of Legend of Dragon Island? It seems damned odd that I can't find a scrap of info about it.

Thanks.

P.S. He's the guy who started the wishlist threads for this game, and no one else has voted for it. Very peculiar.
Sounds like it might be one of those fereign knockoff titles that didn't get a lot of play outside its home market. There's a whole lot of them from that time period, which you'd be hard-pressed to find much info on, since the internet was still in its infancy across much of the world then. We still used magazines and shit.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

Thanks.

Could he be meaning King of Dragon Pass?

Beowulf

Arcane
I did some digging - apparently there was such a game released by a Korean studio Triggersoft:
http://www.game-ost.com/games/4826/legend_of_dragon_island/
MobyGames lists Triggersoft, but there is no game like the one described, in their portfolio.
Furthermore - on the image at this Russian site you can see a watermark @MACROSPACE LTD., which is a company releasing mobile games from 2003 upwards.
The image search leads to sites with mobile games, and there is a game called The Legend of Dragon Island to download, apparently made in JAVA, but I was not that interested to see what it really is, perhaps something different and modern, or maybe a mobile port of an old game (but I highly doubt it, most likely the Russian site got the image from google search and it's not the right one for that title).

I was thinking that it's just the developers campaign wanting to gather more attention and advertise his title, but apparently someone asked a similar question in 2008:
http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php/topic/655-rare-game/

I couldn't find any archived page for this TriggerSoft company, but then again, I didn't try that hard.
On the sites I've found, they list 3-4 games developed by a company with that name, but no title like The Legend of Dragon Island, but sometimes the date for one of the games is shown as 1998, sometimes as 1999, but it's most likely not it.

Last edited:

zool

Arcane
A combo Stardock/Paradox weekend sale.

https://af.gog.com/promo/weekend_promo_paradox_stardock_150416?as=1649904300

Cities in Motion
Crusader Kings
Europa Universalis
Fallen Enchantress
Galactic Civilizations (GC2 for less than $5)
Hearts of Iron (HoI 3 + DLC for less than $10)
King Arthur Collection (for less than $5)
Majesty
Pillars of Eternity
Sengoku
Sorcerer King
Star Control (SC1+SC2 for ~$1 !!! )
Victoria

Any reason to pick Hearts of Iron II rather than HoI : Darkest Hour ? From what I understand, Darkest Hour is just an all-around better HoI II.

Are some of the good mods for HoI II not availble for DH? I'm especially interest in mods that add events. Tons of events.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
I...have no words. God....god is real. And he is called JudasIscariot . And he listened to my prayers. Listened to them for Majesty, listened for Requiem. Let me marry you Judas! Thank you!!!!!!! :takemyjewgold:

Errm about that No One Lives Forever.. http://archive.is/6loW4 (archived Kotaku article about the story behind the game's legal situation)

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Errm about that No One Lives Forever.. http://archive.is/6loW4 (archived Kotaku article about the story behind the game's legal situation)
In GOG we trust!

Old One

Arcane
@ Telengard : Yes, you're probably right about that.

@ Unkillable Cat : I asked him if he was sure he got the name right, and he insisted "Legend of Dragon Island" was correct.

I did some digging...
Thanks, Beowulf. You managed to dig up more than I could. The fellow did say something about Triggersoft, so that must be it. I voted for it, since I couldn't see any harm in it.

Thanks again, guys.

Last edited:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
There is a new weekly staff picks promo featuring games I have never heard about:

Metrocide (~$3)
Screencheat (~$10)
Revolver360 Re:Actor (~$2)
Sublevel Zero (~$9)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom