Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Mark Richard

Arcane
Your big boast is still GOG being DRM-free, but how many people in the wider gaming world care about this? When I load up Steam, it works, so I don't mind it being DRM.

This question made me want to punch the interviewer, ngl
Fairly sure that was supposed to be a soft pitch to encourage the interviewee to explain why DRM-free gaming is important. The interviewer was taking the role of an uninformed consumer, which isn't much of a stretch for him if he can't even recall the names of recent games.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Old news but I noticed System Shock and Descent are getting a reboot or remade. Is there a list somewhere for all the reboots (and when attempted/when finished)? I know some games I’d like to see rebooted but they’re so old.... I just doubt they’d see the light of day.

Freddie

Savant
It has interesting setting but overall, it's unfortunately mediocre. IIRC It has it's best bits narratively/interactively in the beginning and in the end, but it's not that great in the early segments where player gets in the real action. Ending has sort of nice idea, getting there, not so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Site redesign just went live for store pages. Example: https://af.gog.com/game/divinity_original_sin_enhanced_edition?as=1649904300

The mobile-focused design is pretty obnoxious, as well as the auto-playing video on the top of the page (though there's no audio). But there seems to be more transparency when it comes to information on the pages, like the system requirements being easier to read, and overall review score changing from just stars to the specific number (e.g. 4.4 out of 5). Also, the reviews section in general is massively improved.

sBFg6Mv.png

Vorark

Erudite
So rare these days to see a redesign which expands functionality. To be able to sort reviews by different criteria or check out what cames bundled in different versions of a game is quite useful.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Everything is so big wtf.
Went to FTL page and instantly launched a video, why. Same shit on Steam - little streaming window hanging there, instaplay.
fuk dat

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I've checked Age of Decadence page and language changed to Russian for some reason (after some time everything returned to normal). Also, it's interesting how many negative reviews drop out when you check the "verified owner" option.
Vault Dweller

Baron Dupek

Arcane
A Wild Poll appears!
  • Shadow Warrior 2
  • SUPERHOT
  • Firewatch
One of these games will be free depend on the votes.

There is no choice here, SW2 keeps high price for so long while other two were cheaper and bundled.

and new games!
Soldiers of Fortune 1 and 2, Indiana Jones games... noice
also they started selling bundles, mixed feelings despite good prices

https://af.gog.com/game/soldier_of_fortune_platinum_edition?as=1649904300
https://af.gog.com/game/soldier_of_fortune_ii_double_helix_gold_edition?as=1649904300
https://af.gog.com/game/indiana_jones_and_the_infernal_machine?as=1649904300

also - some games got better discounts already, good cause I'm tired of whinning

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I've checked Age of Decadence page and language changed to Russian for some reason (after some time everything returned to normal). Also, it's interesting how many negative reviews drop out when you check the "verified owner" option.
Vault Dweller
A recent review from a verified owner:

"What is the killer of this game though, is the combat. It's poorly done and you get almost no actions, 2 to 3 swings to the computer's 5 to 6 swings. Coupled with the computer outnumbering you in almost every fight 2 to 1, it makes it essentially unplayable."

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Soldier of Fortune!

https://af.gog.com/news/10th_anniversary_brings_a_new_look_community_giveaway?as=1649904300

Giveaway Vote, Renowned Releases, New Look, and More

Ten years is a touching affair, a rare achievement for a gaming platform – so we've prepared a week of celebrations with games and freebies! Here's what's in store:

We wouldn't be here without our community – so for the first time ever you'll choose the game for our Anniversary Giveaway! The three nominees are: Firewatch, Shadow Warrior 2, and SUPERHOT. Cast your vote right now and come back on October 4th when the winning game goes free for 48h.

We've crafted three Anniversary Collections, each packing a selection of must-play games at excellent prices:

The Timeless Essentials is all about the legends: Theme Hospital, Dungeon Keeper 2, System Shock 2, and Another World all for 5 USD.

The Art of Aging Gracefully collection features the unmissable Owlboy, Homeworld Remastered and Dragon Age: Origins at 10 USD.

• Last but far from least it's The Modern Classics collection, set at 25 USD it will get you Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, and Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun.

Drop by and find more of the greatest DRM-free games ever up to 80% off in our Anniversary Sale.

To mark the 10th Anniversary we're bringing DRM-freedom to Stellaris together with Paradox Entertainment. We've also restored Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine for the fortune and glory, and reignited a remarkable old flame: Soldier of Fortune – both now available only on GOG.COM.

This week’s celebrations are also a perfect time to introduce some pretty big changes to the store — it's a visual overhaul that's looking very spiffy, but also an upgrade to how you'll discover the best of the best. Every single game will have more room to shine, and information that's important to you will be accessible at a hover and a glance. The review system will become more robust as well, offering better insight into what other members of the community are thinking.

Finally – we invite you to join us on a nostalgic trip through the history of GOG.COM, from 1994 and the events which inspired our philosophy, all the way into our future… because this decade is just the beginning.

The GOG.COM 10th Anniversary and all offers will be around until and October 7th. The Anniversary Giveaway is set to start on October 4th at 2:15 PM UTC, and the voting is open right now.

https://af.gog.com/game/stellaris?as=1649904300

https://af.gog.com/game/indiana_jones_and_the_infernal_machine?as=1649904300

https://af.gog.com/game/soldier_of_fortune_platinum_edition?as=1649904300
https://af.gog.com/game/soldier_of_fortune_ii_double_helix_gold_edition?as=1649904300
https://af.gog.com/game/soldier_of_fortune_payback?as=1649904300

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Somehow, the less I hear from Feargus the better. No adult man should talk like a valley girl to such a comical degree.

Koschey

Arcane
Kingdom Come on its own: 39.99€, including a 20% discount
Anniversary Collection III, including Kingdom Come, Battle Chasers and Shadows Tactics: 21.59€
:philosoraptor:
Battlechasers on its own is about half that price due to a 60% discount, Shadows Tactics on its own is almost twice the price, but at least without being discounted. Makes it less retarded, somehow.

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also, the reviews section in general is massively improved.

Thanks to their shitty redesign a bunch of my reviews got gobbled up. I guess your mileage may vary as to whether that counts as a massive improvement or not.

Also, no more gogmixes. No more pesky reminders about region locks, missing features or out-of-date builds on the game page!

The only change I like is the separate ratings for owners and non-owners. I like it because the scores for actual owners is frequently far lower than the overall score.:smug:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
That is totally useless, while what would have been useful is to indicate what came in the game box of old games so you would know what you're meant to use to play the game fair.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom