Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
There are 2 spots in the game that don't work with modern CPU speeds. One makes it impossible to complete the game (absent slowing CPU down).

garren

Arcane
Patron
Oh yea, I think a read about that issue. Didn't get that far anyways in the game, and reading about that bug kinda fizzled my interest because I couldn't be assed to fiddle more just to play the game. Yeah, that's a hard one to crack without the source code.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Virgin Interactive, were they ones who published Blade Runner?

Westwood Studios, Inc. published it.

However, I don't know if someone bought them (and thus now owns their property).
Westwood developed it.
Virgin Interactive was the publisher.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_Runner_(1997_video_game)

edit about possible re-release
Re-release
Speaking in 2015 regarding a possible re-release of the game via Steam or GOG.com, Louis Castle explained the source code and assets were lost when Westwood moved its studio from Las Vegas to Los Angeles, thus making a re-release or a HD-remaster impossible. Even if the code was found, to restore almost a terabyte of assets, whether for new pre-rendered backdrops or full real-time 3D, would cost tens of millions of dollars, making a re-release as unlikely as a sequel.[26] The Blade Runner Partnership and Electronic Arts currently own the rights to the game.[17]

This is fucking tragic, one o few games that did a movie proud an now its lost...like tears in rain. Makes you realise that felipepepe is doing good vital work.

pippin

EA can be convinced of anything if you can tell them they can make a quick buck out of it. They actually don't mind re-releasing their older games; they do have a lot of them even on Origin. I guess you could have a harder time trying to talk TBRP into it, actually, although the premise of more money to counter-effect a possible flop for the sequel could be a nice bonus.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
I dunno, but according to reviews Shadows of the Horned Rat doesn't work at all so I bought Final Liberation.
I had to disable cut scenes from Final Liberation due to crashes.
No problems with SotHR, but I have only played a few levels from the beginning.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Well, I did finish the Blade Runner adventure game on my Vista a while back. I had to get an entirely new copy from Ebay a long ass time ago because my old copy had something wrong with it. The sewer part with the rat blocking a narrow exit wouldn't appear. It'd be a straight invisible rat where I can't even shoot it. I couldn't get past that part at all. Bought a whole new CD and it cleared up. Beat it a while back.

I knew about the rat because I had played the game long before on my Windows 98 PC. I can't believe I remembered that part too. Anyways, Blade Runner is my favorite adventure game, bar none.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Is there any way to restore original chem reliant and chem resistant icons into fallout 1 and 2?
Both are "classic" versions.

e. Fixt mod worked for Fallout 1.
But what helps with FO 2? Restoration patch, with additional locations and quests disabled? Does nothing but infect game with Kaga!

Last edited:

Old One

Arcane
Thanks for the multiple suggestions about the Warhammer games, fellows. I'm probably going to skip Shadow of the Horned Rat because my backlog is already huge and I tend to dislike RTS games.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Embrace your adventurous inner child with The Lion King, Aladdin, and The Jungle Book! Good stories never fall out of style. And if someone knows how to tell a proper fairytale, that's got to be Disney. Today, three of their most celebrated, charming platformers of yore based on such tales are coming back, exclusively on GOG.com. Disney Aladdin, Disney The Lion King, and Disney The Jungle Book are all household names that still captivate our imagination, decades after we got introduced to their cinematic and videogame worlds.That's why GOG.com and Disney heave teamed up to bring these beloved classics of the 16-bit era to a new generation of gamers and Disney fans. All three titles have been meticulously updated to be compatible with modern operating systems while preserving the original graphics, sound, and gameplay.Developed during the golden age of platformers, Disney Aladdin, Disney The Lion King, and Disney The Jungle Book established themselves as hallmarks of the genre, earning the praise of fans and critics alike for over two decades. That was due in no small part to their groundbreaking visuals. With the advent of Digicel technology, hand-drawn cels from Disney's animation team brought the characters to life with a level of vibrancy that was unparalleled at the time, and remains impressive today. Just look at how adorable little Simba looks when he roars at his enemies!Return to these beautiful worlds, full of that unmistakable Disney charm and wondrous sense of adventure. Disney Aladdin, Disney The Lion King, and Disney The Jungle Book are available now, DRM-free on GOG.com and you can get them for 10% off individually, or for 33% off as a bundle of heartwarming joy until August 8, 12:59 PM UTC!

Last edited by a moderator:

A horse of course

Embrace your adventurous inner child with The Lion King, Aladdin, and The Jungle Book! Good stories never fall out of style. And if someone knows how to tell a proper fairytale, that's got to be Disney. Today, three of their most celebrated, charming platformers of yore based on such tales are coming back, exclusively on GOG.com. Disney Aladdin, Disney The Lion King, and Disney The Jungle Book are all household names that still captivate our imagination, decades after we got introduced to their cinematic and videogame worlds.That's why GOG.com and Disney heave teamed up to bring these beloved classics of the 16-bit era to a new generation of gamers and Disney fans. All three titles have been meticulously updated to be compatible with modern operating systems while preserving the original graphics, sound, and gameplay.Developed during the golden age of platformers, Disney Aladdin, Disney The Lion King, and Disney The Jungle Book established themselves as hallmarks of the genre, earning the praise of fans and critics alike for over two decades. That was due in no small part to their groundbreaking visuals. With the advent of Digicel technology, hand-drawn cels from Disney's animation team brought the characters to life with a level of vibrancy that was unparalleled at the time, and remains impressive today. Just look at how adorable little Simba looks when he roars at his enemies!Return to these beautiful worlds, full of that unmistakable Disney charm and wondrous sense of adventure. Disney Aladdin, Disney The Lion King, and Disney The Jungle Book are available now, DRM-free on GOG.com and you can get them for 10% off individually, or for 33% off as a bundle of heartwarming joy until August 8, 12:59 PM UTC!

20 dollars? Get cucked.

Last edited by a moderator:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Get past the slow pace and Kenshi's pretty decent.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom