Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
It's based around JRPG mechanics though, right?

$7 DRM free is tempting but it would likely end up on the pile of shit I never play.

Overboard

Arcane
Hmm similar situation to DalekFlay, I probably won't end up playing it, and my kids are still too young for a game like that. Maybe later on then.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Double Fine's entire catalog was available for $7 on Steam back in the summer

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Well, minus the most recent port: Iron Brigade or w/e it's called. But, yes, Costume Quest itself has also been cheaper on Steam aside from the pack. Also strikes me as a pretty good candidate for an indie bundle since they put Psychonauts in one. Relative to most sale prices today I wouldn't pay $7 for it.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Same for me, but it's annoying to see developers favour Steam over other distribution systems. It seems Double Fine is guilty of that as well with the GOG version of Psychonauts not including the latest patch. I know Steam draws a lot more water than other services, to the point that I regularly meet online kids of 20 who ignore that there are other online services than Steam, but I'd think the developers would offer equal support for every version of their game.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I think you have to redownload the whole game.

Meh, I can bear with that.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Steam > everything due to auto patching and backup function. What if a GoG version of the game needs a patch? Download an extra file or re-download the whole game again?
Redownload. A bit shitty but I hate auto updates with a burning passion so I can deal.

Bruticis

How horrific to have to redownload that 22 meg game from 1992 for all those new patches rolling out.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
It's typically for recent games since GOG opened itself to the indie market. The latest version of Legend of Grimrock required a redownload of the game, which from the top of its 500 Mb was hardly an inconvenience.

spekkio

Arcane
Terminal Velocity and Shadow Warrior released. Anybody need some Wang?

:smug:

Overboard

Arcane
Another load of games available, Star Wolves, King's Bounty, Fantasy Wars, etc as well as those execrable UFO games.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Silent Storm on sale :kfc:

Or any of these other Russian games must-haves?

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Can anyone recommend any quality games in the 5 for 10 list? I already have Blackwell, Botanicula, Machinarium, Gemini Rue and Resonance and I'm trying to decide whether it would be worth it just for Geneforge alone.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Darwinia and Uplink are both good. I haven't played Multiwinia or Defcom, but I image they're both good too.

The Ball is supposed to be good, I have it on Steam, but haven't played it yet.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Fuck I already own Trine,Botanicula,To the Moon,Gemini Rue,Uplink,Geneforge pack and Machinarium either on GoG or on Steam from the GoG 5 for 10 list,the only one I want is Resonace.I hope they put it on sale eventually

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom