Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Beowulf

Arcane
Nobody forced you to use it, faggot.

[Per] check failed. As I wrote at the beginning, Gog/CDProjekt tried to force me to use it by making the game launcher start galaxy.exe, not game.exe.
Choke on dick, by the way.

I haven't had any problems with GOG Galaxy... Works just fine for me.
Perhaps it works fine most of the time for majority of users. It's just that I tried to use it twice, just for one game, and it failed miserably. I just see no reason to use software that causes so many problems for me, and I don't like cluttering my HDD with programs I don't use (who am I kidding, I have a huge backlog of games that I will definitely, surely play soon).

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I dunno it definitely crapped out when trying to run kurwa3, everything else was ok.

Dux

Arcane
Grabbed my free copy of System Shock 2. :incline:

I've been using GOG Galaxy for a long while now, never had any problems with it. Not any serious problems, that is. I have to say, though, that this whole XP thing they've got going is kind of weird. I'm here to play games. That's why I'm using the client. That's all I want. Still, I ain't forced to partake, am I? I just hope it doesn't escalate into something really stupid and distracting. GOG should be about the simple access to games - especially old games in need of support. We'll see.

pippin

Past sales also had the "buy x games and get games for free" thing, but now they just put another name to it.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Grabbed my free copy of System Shock 2. :incline:

I've been using GOG Galaxy for a long while now, never had any problems with it. Not any serious problems, that is. I have to say, though, that this whole XP thing they've got going is kind of weird. I'm here to play games. That's why I'm using the client. That's all I want. Still, I ain't forced to partake, am I? I just hope it doesn't escalate into something really stupid and distracting. GOG should be about the simple access to games - especially old games in need of support. We'll see.
Looks like they gift you games you wouldn't otherwise want to play if you check the website lol.

Dux

Arcane
Looks like they gift you games you wouldn't otherwise want to play if you check the website lol.

Huh? That's strange. I can think of countless other games they should given me instead, if that's the case. But hey, got the game for free so it's all gravy. Saved me what... 2 euros?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Bought System Shock Enhanced Edition and Sid Meier's Pirates. Got Spelunky for free. That's it for the summer sale from me. I already broke my promise about not buying more games until I clear out my backlog (which won't happen until I die anyway).

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bought System Shock Enhanced Edition and Sid Meier's Pirates. Got Spelunky for free. That's it for the summer sale from me. I already broke my promise about not buying more games until I clear out my backlog (which won't happen until I die anyway).
Same here. Bought Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption, Strike Suit Zero DC and Shadowgate Special Edition upgrade, and that already feels like too much.

BTW, anyone knows whether Xulima works on a touchscreen? I am looking for something to play on my Windows tablet after I finish Dragonfall (and I already own Xulima as opposed to SR Hong Kong).

Antigoon

Augur

I have never even heard of that pirates version, but I really loved the original one. How does it hold up compared to that?

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
Grabbed Bloodlines, King Of Dragon Pass, Dead State Reanimated (-85%), Forgotten Realms collection 2, D&D Stronghold (never played, some reviews said it's good...) and Doorkickers for the hell of it.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

I have never even heard of that pirates version, but I really loved the original one. How does it hold up compared to that?
I haven't played with the original sorry, so I can only quote wikipedia on that: "the gameplay remains similar to the original game, though it features a 3Dgame engine (NDL's Gamebryo). Some elements such as sun sighting have been removed, but other features have been added, such as a ballroom dancing mini-game and an improved turn-based land combat system."

It plays pretty good, and looks nice.

Last edited:

Dux

Arcane
Do like me and pick up some of that Nox, y'all. It's like the price of bag of Cheez Doodles.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nox was recently (still is?) free on Origin, if you prefer selling your soul to EA instead of paying a couple of $ on GOG.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

As someone who LOVED the original Pirates back in the day, my experience with the remake was a little underwhelming.

Except for minor changes, the remake is the old game with a massive facelift, but it also somehow managed to lose the atmosphere of the original. I honestly got quite bored playing the remake.

Turjan

Arcane
Jesus Christ, Beamdog... IWD1+BG1&2+fanfic DLC for 34€...
www.gog.com/promo/20160609_summer_bundle_beamdog

One used to be able to get PST+IWD1&2+BG1&2+NWN1&2+ToEE+misc for almost half that price...
Dragonspear alone is €18, which makes sense, as it's still quite new. The other three games are €5.30 each, which isn't too much out of line compared to older sales.

Last edited by a moderator:

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer

As someone who LOVED the original Pirates back in the day, my experience with the remake was a little underwhelming.

Except for minor changes, the remake is the old game with a massive facelift, but it also somehow managed to lose the atmosphere of the original. I honestly got quite bored playing the remake.
I had the same reaction. It was initially pretty fun, but I lost interest much faster than I had with the original version. For one thing, I think it's a bit easier, and because the basics of combat and the minigames were easier (so it seemed, anyway), the grindiness of the overall quest became much more apparent. It's not bad, though, and as remakes go, it's pretty faithful.

pippin

Fuck each and every one of Beamdog's employees up their asses using a Mace of Disruption as a dildo. No lube. No love.

Actually, some them would enjoy that.

Dux

Arcane
Let me get this straight, you're saying you DON'T approve of Beamdog? Come on, it's not like they've taken some very beloved games and done a decidedly half-assed job in "enhancing" them while sweeping the originals under the carpet, jacking up the price and then releasing an expansion which alienated pretty much everyone - trannies included.

Listen, when PS:T Enhanced Edition comes around for a fair 29,99 euros, they will win your trust and your unconditional love. Much like a jelly in any given dungeon, you'll be absorbed and everyone will be happy.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Is Satellite Reign worth the current asking price?

Have they fixed it's performance?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom