Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Give LambdaRogue a Name

LazyD

Liturgist
VentilatorOfDoom said:
-Troglodytes

Delicatessen%2Bunderground.jpg

Hory

Erudite
This game must be pretty banal if they can't name whatever makes it distinct.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
Hory said:

As opposed to arguably (likely) the best roguelike, which came up with the distinctive and inspired name of "Dungeon Crawl".

Hory

Erudite
PorkaMorka said:
As opposed to arguably (likely) the best roguelike, which came up with the distinctive and inspired name of "Dungeon Crawl".
If it best embodies the concept of dungeon crawling, it is aptly named. :)

circ

Arcane
Rogue Two? Rogue 2? uRogue? Le Rogue? El Rogue? Bro Rogue? Pirate, Rogue, Thief? Thief: The Rogue-like? ASCII-Thief? The Dungeons of Rogue? Ancient Domains of Rogue? Sex Rogue? The Rogue with the 11 inch Dirk? R.A.P.E.?

I'M REALLY TRYING TO WIN THIS GUYZ!

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Intracerebrally Consuming Cephalalgia Through The Cranium Macerating Debrisfucked Manure Ingested Remains Of The Mindfucked Cataplexic Wicked Mankind Whom Fistfucked The Progenies From The Deepest Depths Of The Analmaggot Raped Human Pieces Of Erotic Shitmasses Which Gave Birth To Worthless Eunuchs As Travesty For Cumstained Whorefaced Sluts Enslaved By This Stupid Society Full Of Fetal Garbages

Oh, wait, already picked.

mariodonick

Novice
Mario Donick is looking for assistance with renaming his graphical roguelike, LambdaRogue.

Thanks for this thread, and thanks to all these _very_ inspiring suggestions.

No really, what's wrong with Lambda Rogue, or just Lambda?

"LambdaRogue" was the name the game was given in 2006, just because I liked the greek letter. Later, in 2008, it got a subtitle "LambdaRogue: Book of Stars", though the subtitle is barely known. Now I got aware that many people interested in roguelikes don't even _try_ LambdaRogue, because they think it has either something to do with maths, or with some gay stuff, or with sheep.

From all inventions in this thread, I especially like the following spawns of creativity:

• Dudebro: My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
  • No one Rogues Forever
  • Lamb, The Rogue
  • The Rogue with the 11 inch Dirk?

:roll: :D

I wouldn't call it banal. However, I doubt most guys here ever had a look into the game. ;)

No, seriously: The best suggestion so far was "Rogue: Ascension" by VentilatorOfDoom.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom