Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ghostrunner 2 - cyberpunk parkour sequel

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://ghostrunnergame.com

https://www.gamespress.com/fr/505-GAMES-TO-PUBLISH-THE-SEQUEL-OF-HIT-VIDEO-GAME-GHOSTRUNNER

505 GAMES TO PUBLISH THE SEQUEL OF HIT VIDEO GAME GHOSTRUNNER
Developed by One More Level, Ghostrunner 2 will be available on PC, PS5 and XBOX Series X | S

MILAN – May 13th, 2021– The international video game publisher 505 Games, a subsidiary of Digital Bros Group, which is listed on the STAR segment of Borsa Italiana, announces the agreement with One More Level for the development and the publication of the second version of the Ghostrunner video game on both PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X | S.

In the wake of the continuous success and the most recent acquisition of the video game’s intellectual property (IP), the Group doubles its investment for the creation of Ghostrunner 2, contributing with an initial budget of Euro 5 million. Ghostrunner is a brand with a great potential, capable of contributing for a long time to the 505 Games product portfolio.

For the production of Ghostrunner 2, 505 Games renews its collaboration with the Polish studio One More Level, the developers of the first version of the video game.

Ghostrunner is a first-person cyberpunk action video game set in a grim, dystopian future. Since its launch in October 2020, it has sold over 600,000 copies proving to be a very successful video game, appreciated by players all around the world. By the end of 2021, Ghostrunner will also be available on next-gen consoles.

We are particularly excited about the future release of Ghostrunner 2. Together with One More Level, we have created a thrilling and engaging video game.” comments Raffaele Galante, co-CEO of Digital Bros with his brother Rami. “This new collaboration deepens 505 Games presence within the Polish videogame market, a reality now among the firsts in Europe for the development of video games, new projects and talents. We will continue to pay close attention to the Polish market to constantly improve and expand our product portfolio with video games capable of satisfying the tastes of the entire gaming community."

For more information about Ghostrunner please visit www.ghostrunnergame.com.

For more information about 505 Games and its products, please visit www.505games.com.

Last edited:

antimeridian

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Currently playing the first. Have never raged so hard yet felt so much satisfaction. Sequel wishlisted.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Game is cool. First boss down.
How frequent is the bike riding? I played the demo and it pissed me off immediately as you have very little control. Also, I saving during a mission allowed now? That would be me number one wish. It is super annoying that you have to replay the whole level in case you have to quit before completing it.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
How frequent is the bike riding? I played the demo and it pissed me off immediately as you have very little control. Also, I saving during a mission allowed now? That would be me number one wish. It is super annoying that you have to replay the whole level in case you have to quit before completing it.
Not there yet, only played it for an hour.
Edit: No you can't quick save during a mission but auto saves are very frequent throughout the level even during boss fights. Way more than in GR 1.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Played it some more: music is great, levels are a bit larger and more open (some) with small room sized hidden areas where you can find memory shards (to level up the motherboard) to upgrade your motherboard (which gives more slots for more chips), skins, audio logs, lore items, enemies drop "data" which is currency and you can buy stuff in what seems to be a small hub (you can also upgrade there, get new chips, talk with some NPCs etc.), there are some places in the levels that have a challenge mode (only encountered 2 so far, kill enemies in under x amount of time, destroy targets with shurikens etc.)
Going very slowly as the game is hard and doesn't hold anything back. Autosaves are frequent. Only on the second map so far.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
Not there yet, only played it for an hour.
Edit: No you can't quick save during a mission but auto saves are very frequent throughout the level even during boss fights. Way more than in GR 1.
I don't mean quick save. Let me rephrase my question: In the first game you also have checkpoints within a level. However, these are not saved when you quit the game before finishing the level. In that case, you'll have to start from the beginning when you resume playing. Is this still the same?

Child of Malkav

Erudite
I don't mean quick save. Let me rephrase my question: In the first game you also have checkpoints within a level. However, these are not saved when you quit the game before finishing the level. In that case, you'll have to start from the beginning when you resume playing. Is this still the same?
I don't know, I'll test it when I have the chance.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Tavar I tested it now multiple times. Yeah it works just like any other game with checkpoints/autosaves. You can quit to main menu or the game and when you reload it puts you to the latest save you had. No level restart.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
Tavar I tested it now multiple times. Yeah it works just like any other game with checkpoints/autosaves. You can quit to main menu or the game and when you reload it puts you to the latest save you had. No level restart.
Thank you, that's great news as this was the biggest gripe I had with Ghostrunner 1. Looking forward to try the sequel once it gets officially released.

manifest

Educated
Follow the yellow line game.
That's all it is? Tell me more.
Sometimes there's an alley or a vent with a useless collectable. Ghostrunner 1 was a fine 7/10 game, certainly better than nu-Shadow Warrior, certainly much worse than tru-Shadow Warrior. I expected iteration and "there's a motorcycle and more stupid diversity hires in your ear" wasn't what I wanted. Now who wantsa some Wang.

3 others

Scholar
Goddamn this corny low pass filter kick drum in the main menu music track gets me all pumped up just fiddling with the antialiasing dropdown menu.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
God this game is hard. You do get to explore a while on the outside of the tower though which is nice. That bike section (from the demo as well) is very annoying but it doesn't repeat. At least so far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom