Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ghost of Tsushima - open world game set in feudal Japan

ADL

Prophet
It's not about being a tryhard. It's just fun to kill unarmored people in two hits. One could argue it actually makes the game easier than it is on hard. Same rules apply to you so you gotta play defensively.

Was doing graphic settings optimization and realised that there isn't really any difference between dlss perf and quality, but a big fps difference.
This is at 4k.
At 4k DLSS Performance gives you 1080p DLAA, which is already stable enough image for most people I imagine.

deama

Prophet
Was doing graphic settings optimization and realised that there isn't really any difference between dlss perf and quality, but a big fps difference.
This is at 4k.
At 4k DLSS Performance gives you 1080p DLAA, which is already stable enough image for most people I imagine.
Surprised because in other games I can notice a difference between quality and performance for sure. Like in the recent manor lords, or cyberpunk.

Must be a good implementation of DLSS, or maybe even a newer version?

Surprised because in other games I can notice a difference between quality and performance for sure. Like in the recent manor lords, or cyberpunk.

Must be a good implementation of DLSS, or maybe even a newer version?

It can also depend on visuals of the game itself, how prone are they to aliasing. Or how many effects it has that scale with resolution. Though in most games that I've tried, 1080p DLAA looks pretty damn good, I actually have to search for aliasing to notice any. And it doesn't lower texture quality like old TAA does from what I could see, so all in all looks like best AA you can get for modern games.

Yeah, the combat on Lethal is ... lethal... and fun. If you don't pay attention, you die fast. And the skill tree is really well done.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Once again pirates win by not having to deal with Soyny bloatware.
This is another great example of why AAA gaming is dying. Copy protection has always fucked with the consumer. I buy everything I play, but I've also cracked most of those games since the 1990s because I didn't feel like swapping CDs all the time - and CDs were much less intrusive than what we have today.

deama

Prophet
Never mind, figured it out, the onscreen prompts were confusing. You have to use 2 different buttons.
Can you explain this more? I tried holding right mouse button like in the tutorial but that don't work no more. What other button you mean?

EDIT: Ah figured out, you have to go to the settings, accessibility, and at the bottom you have to switch "hold actions preset" to toggle, and then back to hold again, I think the tutorial screwed it up or something.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Clipboard02.png

"Yes"
"Just the tip"

Modron

Arcane
Every Sony published game is that way you get what you pay for when you buy PS ports.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Every Sony published game is that way you get what you pay for when you buy PS ports.
I mean, not like I care, this being the Wokou version. I think it's fucking funny that they won't even let you opt out anymore though. Thanks Sony!

Also, the first 10 fucking minutes already confirm this is the best samurai game on the market and AssCreed has no chance in hell against it.

I think Hard is the best difficulty to play this on for most people. It's very challenging but in a good way. I started on Lethal, but it has 2 major issues:

1. Enemies almost die too fast, 1-2 slashes even with unupgraded sword. Kinda kills some of the thrill of the back-and-forth combat. On hard, it takes more attacks, so you get to block/parry/dodge more and there is more flow to combat.

2. Duels and some of the harder open world fights are impossible on Lethal if you aren't very young with top-of-the-line reflexes. Enemies often attack with different types of attacks that have to be handled differently (red flash - dodge, no flash or blue flash - parry). So you get a tiny fraction of a second between the incoming tell (flash color or absence of flash) and when their attack completes, on Lethal difficulty. Having to do different key/mouse buttons depending on that is really hard for average person with average reflexes, even harder for older gamers. On Hard, the time between the tell and the attack completion is much more reasonable (but still challenging).

deama

Prophet
I think Hard is the best difficulty to play this on for most people. It's very challenging but in a good way. I started on Lethal, but it has 2 major issues:

1. Enemies almost die too fast, 1-2 slashes even with unupgraded sword. Kinda kills some of the thrill of the back-and-forth combat. On hard, it takes more attacks, so you get to block/parry/dodge more and there is more flow to combat.

2. Duels and some of the harder open world fights are impossible on Lethal if you aren't very young with top-of-the-line reflexes. Enemies often attack with different types of attacks that have to be handled differently (red flash - dodge, no flash or blue flash - parry). So you get a tiny fraction of a second between the incoming tell (flash color or absence of flash) and when their attack completes, on Lethal difficulty. Having to do different key/mouse buttons depending on that is really hard for average person with average reflexes, even harder for older gamers. On Hard, the time between the tell and the attack completion is much more reasonable (but still challenging).
Possibly might make it easier if the latency is lower, so you have more time to react.
Are you playing the game at 120fps? What's your monitor hz?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Fighting my first Warlord boss at some random dojo and the game always crashes. :|
Is it the one with swords around the arena and there's a storm?
No, it was at Ogawa Dojo. Updating my drivers (and the game recompiling shaders) fixed it.

image.png

MONGORIANS

The controls, while generally fine on KB/M, are a bit bloated I feel. Or rather, the way the keyboard is employed. HOLD SHIFT AND ALT AND T AND PRESS 2 TO SWITCH TO FLYING WATER CRANE STANCE uh okay

Fighting my first Warlord boss at some random dojo and the game always crashes. :|
Is it the one with swords around the arena and there's a storm?
No, it was at Ogawa Dojo. Updating my drivers (and the game recompiling shaders) fixed it.

image.png

MONGORIANS

The controls, while generally fine on KB/M, are a bit bloated I feel. Or rather, the way the keyboard is employed. HOLD SHIFT AND ALT AND T AND PRESS 2 TO SWITCH TO FLYING WATER CRANE STANCE uh okay

Apparently some keys are used for multiple functions. I rebinded the stance switch keys, but didn't realize shaking the sword from blood cause me to switch stances... Was a funny glitch to figure out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom