Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Getting Dungeon Keeper 2 to work

Nedrah

Erudite
Hey,

I'm trying to run DK2 in Winxp Sp2.
It's actually working, however it seems to be a lot too fast ingame, whereas it stutters like on a 3/86 in the main menu. Also the videos won't play. Any ideas how to get the game to run decently apart from finding an old pc and runing it in win95 or something?

Nedrah

Erudite
Jim Kata said:
Did you try win95 compatibility mode?

Yes, I tried it with all the compatibility modes and messed around in dxdiag a bit.
Lowering sound acceleration helped a bit, but the issues are still present.
The sound stuttering would be the most annoying of them, however it's also a shame not to be able to watch the movies.

I'm trying to run it on a laptop with a Pentium M cpu and an integrated soundcard as well as a 6600go btw.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I had that. Funny enough, DK1 works fine. It's only DK2 that I get issues with.

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
Have you tried this?

While the thread title there alludes to it being help on installing DK2, it is in fact a way of emulating a slower cpu. Not tried it, so I'm not sure if it works.

Jim Kata

Arbiter
Bluebottle said:
Have you tried this?

While the thread title there alludes to it being help on installing DK2, it is in fact a way of emulating a slower cpu. Not tried it, so I'm not sure if it works.

that's a great find. It will help me with lots of games.

Nedrah

Erudite
I can't find it.
If you were able to get it in version 3.0 I'd be more than thankfull for a working link.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Shannow said:
DarkUnderlord said:
I had that. Funny enough, DK1 works fine. It's only DK2 that I get issues with.
DK1 works on xp? I tried a few years ago and could not start it...
There was some hokey majiggery I did to make it work. I think it might've been this but I can't remember. I know I googled for it though and came up with a site which was very helpful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom