Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

George Ziets opening a new RPG studio - Digimancy Entertainment

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not yet, but he has provided more general advice about the studio. He's fast to respond and always helpful - a great mentor.

I just want to say, before the Codex alienates you or you shit the bed or something, that it was awesome playing MotB.
I liked the writing and the soundtrack.

So, I doubt it means anything to you, but... I respect you.

Don't fuck it up going forward.

:brodex:

ksaun

Arcane
Developer

More than half this scene is audio direction and voice acting. I doubt Ziets had anything to do with either.

My recollection is that George participated in the voice recording sessions, at least for major scenes/characters. (Part of what I mean by "participated" is that he would have had the final say on a take being acceptable.)

Sentinel

Arcane

More than half this scene is audio direction and voice acting. I doubt Ziets had anything to do with either.

My recollection is that George participated in the voice recording sessions, at least for major scenes/characters. (Part of what I mean by "participated" is that he would have had the final say on a take being acceptable.)

That's cool, but a large part of Myrkul's voice is post-FX processing (audio people). I seriously hope you don't think any human being sounds like that.

Kind of unrelated, but it's pretty funny how you can hear some mic crackling throughout the scene, almost as if this was amateurishly recorded.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What the...

Are you involved with Digimancy also, Kevin?
6gRCnAr.gif

Rev

Arcane
Just read this thread and wow, these are really exciting news.
Just like everyone else here, I really loved MotB at the time, so I hope we'll see a lot of interesting rpgs from Digimancy Entertainment. Good luck to G Ziets and his co-workers.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
My prediction: Everyone will get ever more excited for this project, until a 1.5 years from now when it folds from failing to secure the requisite funding. The ensuing wave of suicides will leave the codex depopulated and desolate.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I'd love to know what you're talking about, but I can't for the life of me fight through a gazillion trash packs in a game that has an unplayable game engine.
You're missing out. No one hates the combat, looting, itemization, economy, camera angle, and crafting in that game more than I do (as far as I know), but if you solider through it, the setting, encounters, dialogues, and C&C are phenomenal. Notwithstanding its flaws, it's in my top 5 RPGs. Obviously, if those things aren't your cup of tea, no sense drinking the rest of the swill to get there. :)

Prime Junta

It had great writing, great atmosphere, and one of the darkest, most horrifying evil paths ever. Lots of secrets to discover. Cool loot. Top tier companions.

NWN2 combat sucks yes and epic level D&D is extra derp, but if you’re at all competent at building your character and using magic effectively, it’s over quickly.

It’s a terrific storyfag game.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
NWN2 combat sucks yes and epic level D&D is extra derp, but if you’re at all competent at building your character and using magic effectively, it’s over quickly.

Also, for the the inept there always the Bulgarian way for games with horrendous combat.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Indeed.

Everyone with good taste.

I'd love to know what you're talking about, but I can't for the life of me fight through a gazillion trash packs in a game that has an unplayable game engine.

If you loved it, I'm sure you have great taste. In unplayable shit.

The engine is shit, and the interface too

NwN 1 > NwN 2 all day

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
one of the darkest, most horrifying evil paths ever
This was great, but felt like a teaser.

I keep hoping for a deep RPG that starts with the assumption that you're the villain rather than the hero as always, and where all the paths are "evil" / shades of evil, but still significantly different. Not just a "follow this path if you're evil" type of thing.

I'm really tired of the hero's journey. Time for the descent into the underworld. Plus, we're already killing people by the thousands in RPGs, how about having appropriate motivations? Heroes are fucking hypocrites most of the time, doing so much evil without the game ever acknowledging it.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
one of the darkest, most horrifying evil paths ever
This was great, but felt like a teaser.

I keep hoping for a deep RPG that starts with the assumption that you're the villain rather than the hero as always, and where all the paths are "evil" / shades of evil, but still significantly different. Not just a "follow this path if you're evil" type of thing.

I'm really tired of the hero's journey. Time for the descent into the underworld. Plus, we're already killing people by the thousands in RPGs, how about having appropriate motivations? Heroes are fucking hypocrites most of the time, doing so much evil without the game ever acknowledging it.
I'm assuming Tyranny didn't satisfy you.

Prime Junta

The engine is shit, and the interface too

NwN 1 > NwN 2 all day

Best thing about NWN1 is that it's super moddable.

It's also ugly as sin and the OC is baaaad. HotU and some of the (premium) modules are pretty good though, I liked Wyvern Crown of Cormyr and Darkness over Daggerford.

NWN2 was a mistake. MotB and SoZ could have been terrific had they not been held back by the engine.

I'm assuming Tyranny didn't satisfy you.

I loved the premise of Tyranny. The gameplay just sucks hard with monotonous combat and trash mob upon trash mob of identical enemies, and parts of it feel incomplete, the Oldwall dungeons for example are just empty.

Sentinel

Arcane
Are there any MotB UI mods for high resolutions? The game is unplayable cause the text is like 10pp, cant see shit.

Prime Junta

Are there any MotB UI mods for high resolutions? The game is unplayable cause the text is like 10pp, cant see shit.

Play at 1080p. It's not like the texture are high-res enough for it to look any better at higher resolutions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom