Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Gamezilla says avoid Blade&Sword

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Blade and Sword

<a href=http://www.gamezilla.com>Gamezilla</a> reviewed <b>Blade&Sword</b> and posted <a href=http://www.gamezilla.com/review.aspx?review=8803>very negative impressions</a> concluding that <i>there is just not enough here to justify spending your hard earned cash on this game.</i>
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Set in a pseudo-mythical Chinese environment, once you actually helm the controls you’ll notice how Diablo like this game is. Seemingly like the first Diablo engine, the game incorporates elements not seen until the Diablo II, like the skill tree system. Each of the three characters has a wide variety of martial arts maneuvers that can be learned, any number of which can be loosed upon an unsuspecting foe.
<br>
<br>
Which, in the end, turns out to be less than impressive, as the game has a tendency to knock down enemies when it’s least beneficial, and manages to do fairly poor damage to boot. As you progress through the game purchasing new equipment, skills, and other sundry game currencies, you’ll be able to build in a series of combos that are unique to your character. They’re sometimes a pain to pull off, but can produce some impressive results, and as far as I can see, they’re the backbone of the only real way to advance quickly through the game.</blockquote>
<br>
That doesn't sound that bad, so the reasons for hatred remain unknown
<br>
<br>
And this one is for Role-Player:
<br>
<blockquote>While you’re fighting, you can use the Alt key to block, and the Space Bar to dodge </blockquote>
<br>
Although I prefer stat-based defense, you'd like these sorta things and probably even call them tactics :)
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gengamers.com">GenGamers</A>

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Re: Gamezilla says avoid Blade&Sword

Vault Dweller said:
And this one is for Role-Player:
<blockquote>While you’re fighting, you can use the Alt key to block, and the Space Bar to dodge </blockquote>
Although I prefer stat-based defense, you'd like these sorta things and probably even call them tactics :)

I would, if i hadn't made it perfectly clear i prefer turn-based several times in the past :? Not forgetting that anything which involves employing available means to accomplish an end are tactics, so if those two moves are meant to be used to help in combat, than they're a tactic, regardless.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Re: Gamezilla says avoid Blade&Sword

Role-Player said:
Not forgetting that anything which involves employing available means to accomplish an end are tactics, so if those two moves are meant to be used to help in combat, than they're a tactic, regardless.
Isn't that what I said? :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom