Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games you're buying this month?

Barghest

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
October:
Eternal Sonata (PS3)
Fallout 3 (PC) (I enjoy the pain)

November:
Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)
Sacred 2 (PC)

Does anyone know if you can play the new SoZ races/classes in the OC? Might pick it up if you can.

Chefe

Erudite
Fallout 3. I'll probably wait a month or so for FarCry 2 and let them put out the inevitable patch so I can get the full experience the first time around. I really want to pick up Fable 2, but I'm holding out for a revise PC release.

MK vs DC is coming out next month? That game will provide lulz like no other. :D

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
left 4 dead, definitely (not this month though, apparently), and a great deal of games from gog.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Hey, I hadn't even heard of Vampyre Story. And if this turns out good, I'll definately be buying some adventure game goodness.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Chefe said:
MK vs DC is coming out next month? That game will provide lulz like no other. :D
I'm buying it just for the DC characters. And it looks reasonably good. Also, it's Kollector's Edition has the aforementioned bestest evar cover by Alex Ross:

normal_mk-dcu-kollectors_edition.jpg

Herbert West

Arbiter
I'm very tempted by Dead Space. I've just watched some clips on Gametrailers and I find the environments and gore much to my liking. Monsters are imported straight from The Thing, which is a very good choice if one can't create something original.
I'm not picking up FarCry 2 for now, since I've had enough straightforward shooters recently.
What I want is a horror game, and Dead Space brings fond memories from the Event Horizon and The Thing in one box, which I'm going to buy.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
I already bought Star Wars: Force Unleashed, and then i plan to play through Majesty: Northern Expansion, so no new games for this month.
Next month i plan to buy Dead Space and Far Cry 2.

DemonKing

Arcane
Most likely:

Far Cry 2
Dead Space

Possible:

Fallout 3
Red Alert 3

Rest of the year:

Storm of Zehir
Left 4 Dead
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Call of Duty: World at War
Quantam of Solace (maybe - the demo stank but it was so short it's hard to judge)

Early next year:

Empire: Total War
Drakensang (English)
FEAR 2
Dragon Age

It's looking pretty good although the new year is looking better for CRPGs...

Chefe

Erudite
Vaarna_Aarne said:
I'm buying it just for the DC characters. And it looks reasonably good. Also, it's Kollector's Edition has the aforementioned bestest evar cover by Alex Ross

That is a nice cover.

Since DC is involved, it might not actually be complete ass when it comes to the fighting part. I don't know if DC has any experience in this area, but any other input other than from the MK team is a good thing. Hopefully, DC took over most of the production, with the MK team just working on the engine basics and janitorial duties. We might also not be seeing those fucking horrible "extra modes" that MK has been injecting to over the past several titles.

Redlands

Arcane
I've bought quite a few games recently; mostly so my grandmother can give me something for Christmas. Some weren't in the last couple of months, though:

* Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None; Murder on the Orient Express.
* Might and Magic VII-IX
* Fallout 1-2, and either Tactics/Brotherhood of Steel (some pack, I forget which one is in it)
* Baldur's Gate pack
* Icewind Dale pack
* Temple of Elemental Evil
* King's Quest Collection + Mask of Eternity
* The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
* Gabriel Knight 3
* Sam + Max
* KOTOR II

Yes, I know some of them could have been pirated, but where I am it costs less just to buy them. I've got no idea when I'll be able to play them all.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Far Cry 2
Fallout 3 (Despite not liking Oblivion? Am I nuts? Whatever, the gameplay footage looked good.)

Deleted member 7219

Oct: Far Cry 2, Fable 2

Nov: Call of Duty: World At War, possibly Fallout 3 (if I like it after trying it), possibly Left 4 Dead

toroid

Arcane
Far Cry 2 will have securom YAY

Some DRM points that will hopefully answer some of your questions and will clarify some misunderstandings about our DRM and SecuROM:

- You have 5 activations on 3 separate PCs.

- Uninstalling the game “refunds” an activation. This process is called “revoke”, so as long as you complete proper uninstall you will be able to install the game an unlimited number of times on 3 systems.

- You can upgrade your computer as many time as you want (using our revoke system)

- Ubisoft is committed to the support of our games, and additional activations can be provided.

- Ubisoft is committed to the long term support of our games: you’ll always be able to play Far Cry 2.

racofer

Thread Incliner
- Ubisoft is committed to the support of our games, and additional activations can be provided.

- Ubisoft is committed to the long term support of our games: you’ll always be able to play Far Cry 2.

riso4ielt5-1.gif

Chefe

Erudite
toroid said:
Far Cry 2 will have securom YAY

Some DRM points that will hopefully answer some of your questions and will clarify some misunderstandings about our DRM and SecuROM:

- You have 5 activations on 3 separate PCs.

- Uninstalling the game “refunds” an activation. This process is called “revoke”, so as long as you complete proper uninstall you will be able to install the game an unlimited number of times on 3 systems.

- You can upgrade your computer as many time as you want (using our revoke system)

Crap. I was really looking forward to it too.

I mean really looking forward to it. A lot.

As in, I'm actually going to not physically remove it from an inventory. :( I cannot believe I have to resort to these immoral measures. It seems EA's corruption is spreading. All the more reason to support Bethesda's efforts to not include this junk. Why, Ubi, why?

Lord Chambers

Erudite
Welcome to the disposable income forum.

Meanwhile I'm hoping to save enough for rent this month. It's halfway through and I'm still down $450.

Chefe

Erudite
You need roomates, man. Like four or five of them. The monetary problem will suddenly go away.

Jabbapop

Scholar
You need to stop using toilet paper and start cleaning your clothes in a bucket.

A user named cat

King's Bounty has been the only game this year worth buying, the rest are torrent fodder. I assume this trend will continue as Fallout 3 and Fable 2 are thrust upon us.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom