Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games you keep returning to

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Agreed! And I think there definitely is, Jaime Lannister. The dialogue isn't the strong point in Gothic 2, and there are only very few German voice actors in the game (maybe five or six) so you hear the same voices a lot-

But they are really good at the way they read the text. It's a very... modern low fantasy German, very "hip", without going overboard. It's the perfect language for the game: it's rugged and mossy, and forest-like, with grit.

If you can't find it via Google - a way play with subtitles, I'll go look for it for you. But I'm 95% sure it was mentioned on the Codex before that you could, and how.

xuerebx

Erudite
micmu said:
Btw. Gothic 2: NoTR is pretty hardcore (as far as the difficulty goes) and fun anyone who says otherwise is a moron.

NoTR is awesome, at least up until the part I played.

Jasede said:
How can you play Gothic 2 so quickly? It'd take me way too long to do all the little quests strewn around, grab all the more or less hidden items everytime, and the biggest timesink, compulsively kill every monster and collect every fucking mushroom/weed/plant. :(

There was a time when I played games religiously. A time when....I had time.

And it's not THAT long. But it was so good that I kept wanting to play it. IIRC, you get different quests too depending whom you side with, so in a way it's quite different on each playthrough.

L'ennui said:
Forgot to mention F-Zero X.

I hope they'll make a new F-Zero soon. 1000mph death races FTW.

Fuck yeah. Loved F-Zero X. Too bad the expansion kit was Japan only. Would have loved to play some of those crazy tracks or make my own. Never found a way to emulate it either.

As for the topic:

-X-Com
-JA2
-BG2
-DMC3
-Shinobi
-God Hand
-Ninja Gaiden Black
-Ninja Gaiden 2

kris

Arcane
I can't think of any RPG that I keep coming back too. I have replayed a few, in particular Fallout 2 and Arcanum, but that is it. On the strategy side I can mention many games that I just keep returning too. In Particular the paradox games, starcraft and some older ones like Third reich.

goatvomit

Eau de Rapax
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Arcanum every now and then to see if there's something I've missed before and to get different endings. Nhl95 just for nostalgic reasons but it usually turns into repeating the same moves over and over and it's only fun against another player. Jagged Alliance's mods offer great replay value so it's always installed in one form or another. I suppose it turns a bit into equipment wanking for me trying to arm the russians with russian guns etc. Warlords 2 deluxe is ok as well in small doses due to the repetitive nature of it. I'd probably still be playing tribes 1 with renegades mod if there were european servers with players. Apart from base rape it was really interesting with different styles for different classes. Engineer with a railgun was probably my favourite.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Jaime Lannister said:
xuerebx said:
NoTR is awesome, at least up until the part I played.

Did you get to the last chapter? I thought it was way too linear at the end.
Yup, the last chapter is shitty and the final opponent is a complete joke. Still, the remaining 90% of the game is fantastic and replay-worthy.

Close Combat Series.

Firefight.

Victoria.

Dwarf Fortress.

Panther games airborne series (highway to the reich, conquest of the Aegean, etc)

Carriers at War 1+2 from the early 90's.

Il2 forgotten battles and additions.

European Air War.

Silent Hunter 3 + 4

Mount and Blade (this is wearing off though).

There are a couple of others. I sometimes replay the oldies, but I would not classify this as 'going back to them all the time'

theverybigslayer

Liturgist
crash1.jpg

Wizardry8 - always something new happens.

nomask7

Arcane
None, really, for any substantial periods of time. I think you're all idiots or autists.

kingcomrade said:
Mario Kart 64 (I like the Wii one better but 64 is what I have available)
I think Super Mario Kart is the best in the series. Mario Kart DS, at least, is silly rubbish. The "balancing" super weapons & crap. You don't have to be careful not to fall into the sea or lava (does it EVEN HAVE lava?). More often than not, if you're the last loser when the final lap begins, boom, and a little later you'll win. It's such crap. :twinfalls:

spacemoose

Erudite
that pedobear is really unnecessary

and while I usually just skip nomask posts (the blue zionist tag is very handy), when I do read them, I do so in borat's voice

nomask7

Arcane
Who is that guy in the picture?

Spacemoose said:
I usually just skip nomask posts (the blue zionist tag is very handy)
Oh for the things you miss.

Dele

Liturgist
carp

I've got so much time i have a goal to play every rpg ever made, but haven't succeeded at it yet.

Other than that, i keep returning to oblivion to try it with new mods but the amount of those needed to make the game playable is too much, not worth the effort to trudge through all of that installing shit.

1eyedking

Erudite
In no particular order, and may include one or another iteration:

Diablo
StarCraft
WarCraft
Counter-Strike
Civilization
DOOM
Fallout
X-COM
Command & Conquer
Heroes of Might & Magic

Pussycat669

Liturgist
The Suffering: Prison is hell
Battlezone I + II
Severance: Blade of Darkness
Aliens vs. Predator II
Incubation + addon (if I can get it running)
Spellforce I + addons
Ecstatica II (gotta finish it one day)

+ pretty much everything from Lucas Arts and Looking Glass

ElectricOtter

HoMM 3
OMF: 2097
Skulltag
Exile 3
Avernum 3
Geneforge

Rabidredneck

Liturgist
For the PC:

Evil Genius
Independance War 2
Both Serious Sam games
Sid Mieirs Pirates!

When I had a PS2:
Warship Gunner 2 (I had a save with over 100 hours and STILL hadn't unlocked everything there was to unlock.)
Legaia 2:Dual Saga (Had a lot of fun with that game)
Shadow Hearts and Shadow Hearts:Covenant
Ratchet:Deadlocked

The Genius

Educated
XCom
JA2
VTM: Bloodlines
DoW 1
Age Of Mythology
Sid Meier's Pirates
San Andreas
Vice City

Finally got Under A Killing Moon working again so playing that now.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I tried to play Diablo 2 again but it was buggy as hell for some reason. I couldn't play it in 3d mode, it would always crash. Then, once I figred out I needed to switched to 2d mode the game would black screen crash every time I had to save/load a character. So, create a character, crash. Then I could play the character. Then I would Save And Exit and black screen crash. It would save, but man that was annoying. Uninstalled it. I dunno why it's so buggy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom