Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Games you are proud to not have played

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Outer Worlds
Mass Effect 3, Mass Effect Andromeda
Fallout 3, Fallout 4, Fallout 76
Cyberpunk
Dragon Age 2, Dragon Age Inquisition
Diablo 3, Diablo 4
Witcher 2, Witcher 3

It feels awesome when you know when to stop

Your litany of try-hard, one-note elitism is getting tedious even by this place's standards. There are many games I have forgone, but let's not pretend that's a badge of honor. Instead of shit posting to virtue signal your asserted purity, try writing a formal review of a series that misstepped and why. That might require you to play a game in order to judge it though, rather than condemn it third hand.

Zlaja

Arcane
You played Mass Effect 1 and 2.

If he did, then he might as well play part 3 too. I'm actually playing ME3 right now, and I'm on the final mission as I'm typing this (took a break to check the Codex). I have to say that this one has been the most enjoyable of the lot, and recruting as much help against the Reapers and collecting as much War Asset points as possible has been fairly engaging.

With that said, the game itself is still a popamole cover shooter, so that fact alone makes it impossible to recommend this to people who're incapable of enjoying games that lack a deep and tactical combat experience. But if you've managed to get through the first, or the second game (or both), and did that without getting a massive headache, then there's really no reason not to play ME3.

goregasm

Scholar

If he did, then he might as well play part 3 too. I'm actually playing ME3 right now, and I'm on the final mission as I'm typing this (took a break to check the Codex). I have to say that this one has been the most enjoyable of the lot, and recruting as much help against the Reapers and collecting as much War Asset points as possible has been fairly engaging.

With that said, the game itself is still a popamole cover shooter, so that fact alone makes it impossible to recommend this to people who're incapable of enjoying games that lack a deep and tactical combat experience. But if you've managed to get through the first, or the second game (or both), and did that without getting a massive headache, then there's really no reason not to play ME3.
The QOL features, graphics combat are all superior in ME 2 and 3, but something about the first one always puts it in the #1 spot for me, and I actually enjoy the first game in the series, the 3rd one's gunplay even borders on fun at times, but really not a fan at all of 2 or 3.

It's been quite awhile since I have played but I might have run through the trilogy somewhere around 10 years ago and still felt the same.

I actually ENJOY M.E. 1. Less so the sequels, but yeah might as well see the damn thing through if one has completed the first two.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

ME1 is the best in the series (actually, the least bad). I still prefer SWKotOR among games of such style. ME2 did vehicles better but that is all.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Outer Worlds.
No, I am not going to suffer through this goyslop courtesy of Tim Cain. From Fallout and the Troika Days to... THIS?
Man...

Oh, and Baldur's Gate 3, even though Padzi and many of you still recommend this game.
Just why?

Gandalf

Arbiter
I've played hundreds of games, about thousand, but I did not played other thousands of them, and I'm proud of that.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Are you proud of every trashcan you haven't eaten from? It shouldn't be a high bar to avoid playing trash games.

I agree. My biggest regrets were,

- Playing Skyrim for 20 minutes (irredeemable trash)
- Playing Tyranny for 1 day (PoE clone with trash systems)
- Playing Numanuma for 10 minutes (the only game with worse systems than Pillars)
- Playing Pillars up to Twin Elms (Idk how I did it)
- Playing Disco for half a day (dressing game)

goregasm

Scholar
I dunno if I'm proud, but can usually just tell certain games aren't going to gel with me for myriad reasons from tone to actual gameplay

All Far Cry games after 2. (The caveman one was kind of cool though)

Dragon age 2
Outer worlds
Grounded
Borderlands 2 and 3 (first one was enough)
All MMOs
Valheim
Expeditions Rome
Starfield
Horizon Zero dawn
Grim Dawn
Disco

There are a whole number of games I have held off on for a number of reasons, mostly time, but also I have plenty of....Evidence? Suspicion? Echo Chambers?...that much of the content will not sit well with me and potentially pull me out of the experience, and wasting my hard earned money and more importantly time, I've not played any and can't tell if stuff I have read is blown out of proportion:

Baldurs Gate 3 (best rpg evah or danger hair woke creampie?)

Wartales: lady soldiers, dudes get gay because they are friends. Is it's battle bros for pee pee lovers?

Pathfinder WoT whatever it's called: lots of shit slinging here has had me hold off, though I do enjoy Kingmaker.

I'm not starved for games either way, still playing everything from modded FNV to Tactics Ogre, System Shock, Elden Ring, Zomboid, CDDA, Viking Conquest, Rome 2 and Attila, CK2, Days Gone, UnderRail, Fallout EtTu, BG 1and 2, Dead State, Colony Ship, spell force 3, Balrum, many many others.

Starting an Avernum playthrough soon, didn't realize I bought ALL of that dudes games years ago, never actually played any.

I don't even feel anything when a game I looked forward to ends up being not for me (wartales) I have enough content to enjoy and ignore the crap

OttoQuitmarck

Educated

ME1 has actual RPG mechanics and fun planet exploration though. Less emphasis on soycuckery (romance) as well.

Iucounu

Educated
But if you've managed to get through the first, or the second game (or both), and did that without getting a massive headache, then there's really no reason not to play ME3.
The faggotry is fairly obnoxious. Also you should reserve judgement until you've played the ending. :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom