Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games Workshop releases entire 1200-model Ultramarines Chapter

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Each time I come across stuff like this, I can only wonder.

WHO THE FUCK BUYS THIS SHIT???

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
Seems pretty reasonable compared to ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY-FIVE DOLLARS FOR AN ELF KING, HIS BITCH AND TWO HOMO WIZARDS.

Or how about the shittiest 25mm resin dwarf you've ever seen?
m3060218a_99801465010_GrimHammerCaptain01_445x319.jpg

No problem, 30 dorra thxbye

JewWorkshop said:
Though the Grim Hammers Captain is every bit as sturdy as the rest of his unit, he displays an extra level of refinement, all in the detail of Citadel Finecast. Most notable is his unarmoured face as well as his incredible body armour, which displays a variety of panel shapes and textures, which sits atop chainmail. With an axe fixed to his left hip, he carries a pick hammer in one hand whilst gesturing with his other, as if directing his Grim Hammers into the mêlée.

I mean fucks sake he doesn't even have a real name.

Caim

Arcane
Could I just say that despite them claiming he has detailed armor I have a similar level of detail on the 6th edition Empire swordsmen who were designed over a decade ago?

Because they do.
Why does their model set of the Ultramarine Chapter disrespects the most holy Codex Astartes? 1000 marines or go Black Templars.
The thousand guys are regular battle brothers; honor guards, commanders and vehicle crew do not count.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
What I can't fathom is how one can have the patience to paint and glue that many minis.

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
What I can't fathom is how one can have the patience to paint and glue that many minis.

Hahahahahaha.

I can say with absolute certainty that the class of customers who buy this stuff have never raised a brush in their lives. The culture of "the hobby" has tended towards commercially-painted tournament-list-tooled buy-to-win armies for years now, this is just the obvious extension of that. If you're dropping ten grand on plastic men, spending another ten on having them bought through a painting service is obviously no biggie.

Caim

Arcane
Wake me up when they release all 13 Space Wolves Great Companies. Now that would be a lot of models.
13.000 of them, excluding vehicle support and command groups. If this also includes an additional 20% worth of vehices and the price is in the same percentage as this set you're going to end up paying somewhere along the lines of 125k eurobucks.

Shadenuat

Arcane
It's just another of their one-click orders, not very special in any regard. Just instead of going to the store boxes are sent to a person

I can say with absolute certainty that the class of customers who buy this stuff have never raised a brush in their lives. The culture of "the hobby" has tended towards commercially-painted tournament-list-tooled buy-to-win armies for years now, this is just the obvious extension of that. If you're dropping ten grand on plastic men, spending another ten on having them bought through a painting service is obviously no biggie.
A sad state of affairs I am seeing in my country too. Still you could always play with your friends from time to time, with normal lists instead of 15 venoms or herpaderp necron flying discs
I don't care for nobrain armies as much as people spending ton of money to hire artist for their army, and then grab best painted army on the tournament
reason why most tournaments don't even rate paintjob or concept behind army at all nowadays

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
One must be totally retarded to play with a full chapter on 40K scale. It is already very long using Epic Space Marines scale (I already fielded half a chapter with 6mm Space Marines though, and my biggest games took something like 8 hours).

Edit : And I never fielded so many marines with so little support :o 5 predators and 3 whirlwind for a whole chapter? That's awfully low for a mixed autonomous force.

Last edited:
One must be totally retarded to play with a full chapter on 40K scale. It is already very long using Epic Space Marines scale (I already fielded half a chapter with 6mm Space Marines though, and my biggest games took something like 8 hours).

Edit : And I never fielded so many marines with so little support :o 5 predators and 3 whirlwind for a whole chapter? That's awfully low for a mixed autonomous force.

You know what they say.

Rent a warehouse and get someone you wouldn't mind hating to play with you.

Caim

Arcane
In other 40k related news...

The second Horus Heresy book from Forge World came out recently and included rules for the Salamanders, Iron Hands, Night Lords and Word Beares. This included pictures of said Primarchs. Most of them looked like expected/seen elsewhere, but then there's Lorgar...

91d8.jpg
Yeah, nobody saw that one coming.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom