Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games Workshop 7th Ed

Caim

Arcane
Are Citadel Miniatures worth money nowadays then? Still got all me old stuff up in loft, old lead figures, shit ton of Dwarves, lots o them MERP ones that they put out wi each figure portrayed mounted and unmounted, them Knights of Law, big arse two part Balrog from MERP, Court of Dwarven King who I think Heinrich Kimmler killed if I remember right. Oh and a few Thrud figures in different poses, and the Champions Eternal pack. Is this worth a bit o gelt?

Oh and got that special Thorgrim Branedim figure from Ziggurat of Doom, one you had to send off for wi coupon that you got in gamebox of WFB, holding warhammer and curling his finger wi other hand as if saying come at me.
Sure, if they're all unpainted (though paint is easier to remove from lead than plastic) you can fetch a decent coin.

Dayyālu

Arcane
A local store finally started selling Warhammer stuff. Any pointers on where I should get started on the painting, or maybe which sets? I saw a decent one that comes with several paints and 3 space marines (it's not on the GW website), I'm not looking to build a giant army right now, just get started on the modeling side and get to grips with the process.

Don't start with GW stuff. Anything else is better. Play historicals. Play Warmachine. Play Infinity. Anything else.

Don't give GW money.

Don't buy GW products.

Pirate their rules, buy Chinese knockoff models on the Net instead, everything.

Let them die and be forgotten.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Sure, if they're all unpainted (though paint is easier to remove from lead than plastic) you can fetch a decent coin.

Bang on, have to get me white spirit and scalpel out cause they're almost all painted or at least base coated, anyway cheers.

HitPepper

Erudite
I got this set
DqwkkaH.jpg

for $25, to see if I'm good enough for this. Tried my hand at the chinese thing and it's such a massive hassle, plus the prices aren't THAT great. If I do like it, I might pick up the Dark Vengeance set which was $100 in a local shop (I expected it would be at least $200).

Caim

Arcane
Remember bro: THIN YOUR PAINTS. Don't go straight from the paint onto the model, make sure your brush is like Josuke's Stand: Soft & Wet.

HitPepper

Erudite
Yeah, it's one of the first things that's mentioned in the tutorial videos I've been watching. Can't wait to start but I may need a slightly larger brush, and everyone's going crazy out there because christmas so I'm waiting till the fuss dies down a bit.

Caim

Arcane
Yeah, that brush is pretty tiny. Personally I use several: one large for the bases and big surfaces (I play Tyranids so I need to paint the big patches of chitin), one for basecoats (holds less paint than the first one), one for standard surfaces, one for detail work, one for drybrushing and one for localized washes and stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom