Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Gameplay Guide] Rance X: Decisive Battle

Xicheeal

Barely Literate
Hey Iam searching for the UI patch can someone link me the files?

Jason Liang

Arcane

Xicheeal

Barely Literate
Hey Iam searching for the UI patch can someone link me the files?

Just a few pages back!
Could you link the interface patch here for posterity?
All credit goes to Garlyle: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rCGbAtE9J13JGaQFpZUlmf7CDNhOtP1l/view?usp=sharing
It translates the skills, cp & medal bonuses, afflictions, and some other random stuff
Ahh thanks man you're a lifesaver

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Jason Liang you've previously said that hard mode is actually easier than normal. Care to elaborate? I tried hard mode now with minimal NG+ bonuses (just the two +5 rank) and I was doing well right up until the mandatory intro missions were done but now I can just barely kill normal encounters in the 10 turn limit. I don't recall that being tricky in normal mode.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Jason Liang you've previously said that hard mode is actually easier than normal. Care to elaborate? I tried hard mode now with minimal NG+ bonuses (just the two +5 rank) and I was doing well right up until the mandatory intro missions were done but now I can just barely kill normal encounters in the 10 turn limit. I don't recall that being tricky in normal mode.
You get two picks as well as more exp so while it's more difficult to start (you shouldn't have trouble getting to turn 2), it becomes easier by turn 4. I recommend FC first since Lei will carry you through Helman on turn 3 and you can even double clear Babolat and Kesselring, and Kesselring carries you for the rest of the game.

IIRC in your original playthrough you played mostly at difficulty = turn or difficulty = turn -1. But the game is actually balanced to be beatable on normal difficulty (1 pick) at difficulty = turn +6 with no bonuses. With double picks and exp scaling, on hard difficulty the game is not hard until you hit difficulty = turn +9 or so.

Not sure what else to say. Make sure you use everyone to the fullest, especially Kenshin's 2nd ability, Maria's 2nd ability, and either Cafe Artful or Atago for the CITY slot, as soon as you pull them.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I recommend FC first since Lei will carry you through Helman on turn 3 and you can even double clear Babolat and Kesselring, and Kesselring carries you for the rest of the game.
I kinda doubt this is possible without more NG+ bonuses. The damage requirements to double clear are just too high.
With double picks and exp scaling, on hard difficulty the game is not hard until you hit difficulty = turn +9 or so.
Yet here I am on turn 3 and can barely kill normal encounters! Maybe I got unlucky with my character drops, but I suspect hard mode is just designed for more NG+ bonuses than I am running. It's my own fault that I'm struggling of course, I could have had +200% xp gain and 3 starting squad bonuses.

Jason Liang

Arcane
I did land invasion on hard with 4 cp. It was quite challenging until turn 5, and then it becomes (a little bit easier) than normal. I would recommend 5-6 CP unless you enjoy the challenge.

The cheesey way would be to take 3 cp - the two +5 ranks and random cards, and then try to roll for Arios :D (I did not do this).

Anyway, you will be "shocked" by how much damage Lei does.

Oh you also get Cecil from FC, I remember using her ability a lot too (for normal fights).

Also, it's important to farm every bit of experience from normal fights. That includes using the extra experience squad bonus and not healing up so that you get the exp bonus for being in the red, as well as the OTK bonus.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I did land invasion on hard with 4 cp.
That's twice as many cp as I am using :M (I'm actually using nonstandard card drops as well, but so far it's just been negative by filling up my drop pool with kesselmaids).

I'm muddling through though. In terms of powergaming it's correct to go free cities first, but I wanted to get the rance with a ranged attack first because I've never tried mano a mano rei yet (I felt a lot more confident turn 2 than turn 3).

I lucked into swordmaster and the helmanian named tamer, so for most fights I'm using those 2+kou for the majority of my damage output. I'm also playing under the self imposed challenge of no conditionless 0 ap attacks (so swordmaster is ok, but rick, rance, aegis can only use their expensive attacks).
Also, it's important to farm every bit of experience from normal fights. That includes using the extra experience squad bonus and not healing up so that you get the exp bonus for being in the red, as well as the OTK bonus.
I need my one squad bonus on something useful to win fights. OTK is impossible on most fights, I just don't have the numbers (enemy with 600k hp, full's power is 15k on the field). I also kinda dislike OTK in general because if you get a random free attack it means you have to reload. Turn 3 kill is more reliable and easier to get imo.

Ulsd

Barely Literate
I did land invasion on hard with 4 cp. It was quite challenging until turn 5, and then it becomes (a little bit easier) than normal. I would recommend 5-6 CP unless you enjoy the challenge.
I was going to try that with 5 cp, but got stuck at babolat feet (ds helman on turn 3). It seems i cant burst him enough, even with lei+mary+magic combo...

Is It even possible to kill this mf this early on hard?

Jason Liang

Arcane
I was going to try that with 5 cp, but got stuck at babolat feet (ds helman on turn 3). It seems i cant burst him enough, even with lei+mary+magic combo...

Is It even possible to kill this mf this early on hard?
How close are you?

You should have 3 bonus points
+ Demon Faction
+ 30% attack damage
+1 squad size
I also had the lightning attack girl from Leazas.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
You don't need ds to do land invasion.
Also you probably have to rely a lot on rng to get many double lightning damage turns.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Also you probably have to rely a lot on rng to get many double lightning damage turns.
You need some double clears to do land invasion.
Yeah you need lightning procs on turns 2, 3 or 4, and 5.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Are we talking about the same thing?
In game terms you have "from the land" which just needs another A ending done in your global save afaik.
And you have "grand invasion of the demon realm" which requires a fuckton of troops, which in turn requires lots of doubles (I barely made it with 3 doubles and a few of the global casualty reduction events).

Ulsd

Barely Literate
How close are you?
I manage to eat 2/3 of his HP, but there os still 1kk hp and no turns left. I feel like If i had 2 or 3 more turns It would be possible, but thats about It.

My bonus points were something like that, but i didnt have the leazas 2 combo girl, maybe It would solve my problem? Funny enough, the time i manage to do more damage was with kou/rance/magic/mary/lei

What did you spend your CP on? In this run im using the two +5 stars for new cards, two 50% bonus xp and one for the extra bonus points. Perhaps theres a better choice?

You don't need ds to do land invasion
I dont know about that... I ds 2 countries and It still looked like i was going to fail land invasion end by turn 11. But anyway, the "path" i liked the most in this game was ds Helman and then Zeth.

I was doing It 3cp on normal and It was fine, but i failed to stay below 30% casualties by turn 11 and lost howzel and saizel, got pissed for it because everything was going well until then, but i didnt get the characters for the healing mission on base phase and didnt liberate any country by turn 11 (warg was the only dl left on the map)

I feel like im doing something wrong with my "strategy" to support the countries.

Really like the game, but my inability to kill the dls in the difficult battles and the loss of a ton o characters (Zeth is destroyed by medusa If you dont ds that cursed country) in my first playthrough got me somewhat frustrated, guess i wanted to get things perfect on a second time as revenge before diving in the part 2.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Yes, two +5, two 50% xp and 1 bonus point is what I would go with as well (or one 50% xp and 2 bonus points). Just make sure you are maximizing your xp in normal fights by using the bonus point on +xp, being at near death whenever possible, and going for OTK/ 3rd turn kill. Buff demon faction as much as possible with Meal Tickets.

The best strategy is to support a country the turn after you double suppress it so it will self-liberate earlier although there is also some rng as well, sigh.

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
Are we talking about the same thing?
In game terms you have "from the land" which just needs another A ending done in your global save afaik.
And you have "grand invasion of the demon realm" which requires a fuckton of troops, which in turn requires lots of doubles (I barely made it with 3 doubles and a few of the global casualty reduction events).
We're talking about Grand Invasion (not Breakthrough).

Last edited:

Ulsd

Barely Literate
I dont think i had this global casualty reduction event in any playthrough, where do i get it? i think i will need it...

The best strategy is to support a country the turn after you double suppress it so it will self-liberate earlier although there is also some rng as well, sigh.
Gonna try again doing that, i tried to balance my efforts with military gains when it seems to be needed the most...

Also, i came across something while playing for the second time: How can i save Cordoba in Leazas? Considering that he dies after turn 6 if you attack Leazas, this means that i cant save cordoba and hornet in the same playthrough? Because i need to attack Leazas to get howzel/silky to save hornet on turns 7-8, but there is still shangri-la on turn 5 and miki on turn 6, leaving turn 7 to leazas if i want to save hornet on 8, but if i do that, he dies on the end of turn 8 (you cant add military gain on turn 8 because of the red-eye fight). Is it different if i ds Leazas on turn 7 or before the mandatory turns?

Sorry for the confusion

Jason Liang

Arcane
Yeah I've never saved Cordoba.

I think you can still do Hornet Mission if you do the Satella base phase mission, but I'm probably wrong since it's not listed on the wiki.

Dual suppressing Leazas is incredibly difficult (unless you do Silky very late).

Turn 1- Pencilcow
Turn 2 - Free Cities 1 (to avoid retreat to Japan, but supposedly you can avoid this with Swords on 5, 6 and 7)
Turn 3 - Helman (to save Merim)
Turn 4 - Must be Miki if you want to do
Turn 5 - Shangri-la is probably a must for Grand Invasion
Turn 6 - Leazas (but maybe too difficult to double suppress by turn 6, so possibly you must do this on 3 or 4, Miki 5 and Shangri-la 6)
Turn 8 - Hornet Rescue
Turn 9 - Zeth
Turn 10 - Warg
Turn 11 - Free Cities 2

etc...

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I dont think i had this global casualty reduction event in any playthrough, where do i get it? i think i will need it...
If you've gotten certain achievements, you can do an event turn 2 where hanny king comes and blesses you to activate the bonuses from those cheevos, which are mostly "reduce casualties". Further (and this is more speculative), there is an event that rewards a golden hanny statue, and a quest that rewards holy magic sect statue which I believe also provide some casualty reduction.

How can i save Cordoba in Leazas?
I don't recall how I did it, but I have a savefile on turn 14 with cordoba alive and iirc warg showed up in leazas, which means I must have downed a dark lord there. I don't have hornet though. I guess you just do a leazas mission in the turn 8 main phase to compensate for losing the prep phase mission?
Cordoba is insanely strong, but maybe not quite as strong as hornet.

Allbit

Barely Literate
Hi, I'm trying to do Breakthrough ending but it doesn't appear on turn 10 as it's supposed to.

Camilla has been saved by Kaybliss.
I have hornet
I'm on floating castle route
I do not have Hawzel (or however her name is spelled), she got Arios'd
Helman and Zeth have fallen
Do I need to have all 4 countries intact or have another hornet faction member besides Satella? Wiki says nothing on that front.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Zeth have fallen
I think Zeth in particular has to be unfallen, as that's where you launch the breakthrough from. But I'm basing that on logic, not experience.
This is fine, as long as she was alive long enough to give you the hornet rescue quest.
I have hornet
I assume you mean recruited, not just rescued.

Allbit

Barely Literate
Zeth have fallen
I think Zeth in particular has to be unfallen, as that's where you launch the breakthrough from. But I'm basing that on logic, not experience.
This is fine, as long as she was alive long enough to give you the hornet rescue quest.
I have hornet
I assume you mean recruited, not just rescued.
yeah, recruited of course.
I'll reload the save and try to save Zeth. I think i should be able to do that. Thank you for the reply

Allbit

Barely Literate
And it worked like a charm. Saved Zeth and the quest is available. Thank's a lot for your help!

copandondotto

Barely Literate
Hello, sorry for the sudden question, but is there a way that I can save everyone? Here is my current plan.

T2: Babolat
T3: Lei
T4: Find Miki
T5: Medusa
T6: La Hawzel and La Saizel
T7: Shangri-La
T8: Hornet

I was wondering if I was to save Tolstoy and Cordoba, would it be advisable if instead of fighting Lei at T3, go after Kesselring?

Jason Liang

Arcane
Are you planning on double suppressing early? Mechanically the only way you can fight Kesselring on T3 is if you double suppress (defeat both Babolat and Kesselring on the same turn), since iirc you cannot start part 2 national campaigns until T5.

I also advise against delaying Shangri-la so late and highly recommend doing it asap (T5).

Yeah I'm not sure you can save everyone since the best way to save Cordoba is to delay doing Leazas until after T8, but I can't confirm if you can get the Hornet mission without doing Leazas 1 (wiki suggests you must do Leazas 1 while I remember vaguely that there is a Satella event you can take to get the mission instead).

The wiki also suggests that you can save FC by putting Swords on FC on turns 5-7. I can't confirm this either but if so that is likely the only way to try and save everyone.

Assuming the FC trick/ glitch works:

T2 Babolat + Kesselring
T3 Galtia + Medusa (you should do Galtia T2 instead if you want to win the eating contest)
T4 Miki
T5 Shangri-la
T6 La Hawzel + Lexington

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom