Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware GameMaker souce code humble bundle

J1M

Arcane
https://www.yoyogames.com/news/261

Humble Weekly Bundle: Play and Create with GameMaker!
Posted by Shaun Spalding on 17 September 2015
We’re proud to announce that we’re working together with Humble and a selection of fantastic developers to provide you with quite possibly the best ever week long bundle for indie game developers and especially GameMaker users!

Not only are we offering you asset packs, GameMaker: Studio Professional AND the Android Export module, we’re offering you twelve awesome games made with GameMaker and best of all…

...the original source code for each game!

This is a super rare (and in some cases, never before seen!) opportunity to get an insight into exactly how games like Super Crate Box, Savant Ascent, Stealth Bastard Deluxe, 10 Second Ninja, Wasteland Kings and many other well known GameMaker games were built.

This bundle also marks the debut of Death Ray Manta! A fantastic, colourful and intense arena shooter by Rob Fearon!

September 17, 2015 :argh:

I can't believe I missed this deal. $12 for a $100 piece of software and the source code to several games.

Did anyone manage to pick this up? Was it as appealing as it sounds? Any talk of it happening again, or anyone who wants to sell their unused license key? I'd be happy to drop full price on Gamemaker Pro right now if it came with the source code in this bundle, but I don't see that option anywhere on their website.

I got this one, although I haven't really gotten a chance to look at it much. I've already used the Gamemaker license, but is there something else you're particularly interested in? I'm pretty sure the Spelunky source code was already released independently a while ago. A couple of the source code downloads are a good size, but I might be able to upload some of them/send them to you when I get a chance.

J1M

Arcane
I'm mostly interested in seeing the different approaches used by games that have been moderately successful.

ie. are they full of hacks, do they all handle step updates the same way, how much custom code was written for each game, etc.

It's less of a "I want to copy the pixel shader for X" and more of a "I wonder if everyone does pixel shaders the same way". (Although I doubt game maker users are actually writing those.)

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Man I missed this too. I was considering trying my hand at the software. I have 0 experience unfortunately.

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Man I missed this too. I was considering trying my hand at the software. I have 0 experience unfortunately.

Don't worry. They(Gamemaker) do this type of deals in HB and other bundle websites twice a year. Usually around summer. Just subscribe for their newsletter and wait.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom