Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game footage from upcoming FPS Fallout 3

Black

Arcane
Looks like they copy-pasta'd ai from oblivion to fo3.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Note how retarded AI has problems with raider on the bridge on two gameplay videos already.
Raider notices Todd and shoots at him. Todd then goes away and makes random stuff - he then returns to the bridge and raider is still there - ducking and trying to move forwards or backwards on the bridge, but doing nothing else, like waiting to be killed.
All hail Retarded AI

Also notice how enemies are shown on the quest compass with red dots.

Raapys

Arcane
Is this worth going through 30 seconds of commercials for?

A user named cat

Haha, did anyone else notice they even used the exact same wind sounds from Oblivion? Listen closely to the sound of wind rustling through trees, while there are no trees present. I also like the soft, unfitting soundtrack playing in the background.

The automated scenes used when targetting enemies got tiring after only the second one, what a retarded gimmick. This game doesn't even look worthy of being torrented. The repetitively braindead and same old AI we've already seen in Oblivion just looks to completely ruin it. I'm not even offended this is supposed to be a Fallout game, I'm offended they're trying to pass this off to the general public as nothing more than a dull FPS expansion of an Elder Scrolls game.

Ashery

Prophet
But how can you not love the explosion the raider makes after being hit by a teddy bear?!

pkt-zer0

Scholar
It's pretty sad that they butchered Fallout so they could make an FPS game that isn't even very good. This is atrocious.
Phantasmal said:
Haha, did anyone else notice they even used the exact same wind sounds from Oblivion? Listen closely to the sound of wind rustling through trees, while there are no trees present.
Heh, neat.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Raider: Multiheaded teddy bears hitting ass and leg, oh god it's heavan!

the hacking minigame also looks... twitchy

I also find it funny how the AK-47 is labeled as "assault rifle" in the inventory. So I guess we can say good bye to all the other dozens of assault rifles we have seen in the previous Fallouts... :roll:

And Soviet victory marches would be better than the stuff they play in the radio! o_ó

Wesp5

Arcane
You know what? I think you guys just want to hate this game :)! I've never played FO and FO2 and I admit that I came from the FPS side to the FPS/RPG hybrids like Bloodlines, but comparing this video to Oblivion is quite a joke and just this bit looks more promising to me than the time I spent with Mass Effect so far! Also regarding the AI, I would suspect the raider is either holding that bridge or thinks he is protected by the turret so he stays there. And regarding the game as a FPS, show me one that is as open world as FO3 is supposed to be! Only Boiling Point would fit and that one was great but buggy as hell ;).

MetalCraze

Arcane
who cares about the open world if all other aspects of the game suck? Oblivion too had open world.
Also the turret got destroyed and raider was still acting dumb.

Shoelip

Arbiter
Wesp5 said:
You know what? I think you guys just want to hate this game :)! I've never played FO and FO2 and I admit that I came from the FPS side to the FPS/RPG hybrids like Bloodlines, but comparing this video to Oblivion is quite a joke and just this bit looks more promising to me than the time I spent with Mass Effect so far! Also regarding the AI, I would suspect the raider is either holding that bridge or thinks he is protected by the turret so he stays there. And regarding the game as a FPS, show me one that is as open world as FO3 is supposed to be! Only Boiling Point would fit and that one was great but buggy as hell ;).

You guys beat it into submission I'll get the acid!

Mareus

Magister
Wesp5 said:

I think here lies the problem to understanding us:
Wesp5 said:
..I've never played FO and FO2 and I admit that I came from the FPS side to the FPS/RPG hybrids..

Shoelip

Arbiter
Ok, let's try something.

I've never played an RPG before. Therefore I think Fallout 3 will be a fantastic RPG. Please tell me why you think differently because you just sound bitter? I am truly interested in knowing your opinions in order to inform my own.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Shoelip said:
Ok, let's try something.

I've never played an RPG before. Therefore I think Fallout 3 will be a fantastic RPG. Please tell me why you think differently because you just sound bitter? I am truly interested in knowing your opinions in order to inform my own.

I think he means that it will be a 'fantastic shooter' not a 'fantastic RPG' though.

MetalCraze

Arcane
it's a generic casual apologists thing actually
I saw another variation yesterday
"I saw FO1 and FO2 only on screenshots, but I think that FO3 will be an amazing sequel"

Pegultagol

Erudite
Well the bitterness thing comes in the context of having played Fallout and Fallout 2, with the general distaste of what the current trends in RPGs seem to be leaning. Fallout 3 is such great a departure in terms of gameplay elements and design that it is almost impossible not to prevent nostalgia getting in the way of objectivity.

But objectivity or not, shooting teddy bears at even supersonic speeds will not a lethal projectile make. You have a flying polyester or wool blob, that's it. The AI as skyway said is wonky, just crouching there already broken into a loop out of the E3 demo script. It would be hilarious if it weren't so unequivocally pathetic.

Shoelip

Arbiter
Pegultagol said:
Well the bitterness thing comes in the context of having played Fallout and Fallout 2, with the general distaste of what the current trends in RPGs seem to be leaning. Fallout 3 is such great a departure in terms of gameplay elements and design that it is almost impossible not to prevent nostalgia getting in the way of objectivity.

But objectivity or not, shooting teddy bears at even supersonic speeds will not a lethal projectile make. You have a flying polyester or wool blob, that's it. The AI as skyway said is wonky, just crouching there already broken into a loop out of the E3 demo script. It would be hilarious if it weren't so unequivocally pathetic.

Are you all trying to drive me insane? How about telling that to someone who isn't obviously just pretending to like Fallout 3 but instead actually does?

Mareus

Magister
Pegultagol said:
You guys just don't get it! What would you do if someone shot teddy bears at you? You would laugh just like that raider. It was not a bug. It was intentional and it proves Bethseda payed great deal of attention to AI. That raider was laughing his ass off and that is why it looked like he was crouching. "Haha! Go ahead and shoot me! Haha!", will probably be added later in the production of the game.

MasPingon

Arcane
Wesp5 said:
You know what? I think you guys just want to hate this game :)! I've never played FO and FO2 and I admit that I came from the FPS side to the FPS/RPG hybrids

Then what the fuck are you doing here?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom