Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Galador (The Prince And The Coward)

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Bros, I have a quest for you.

This game: http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/prince-and-the-coward

Ring any bells? I remember this to be a bitch to find some years ago. Now the full version is available but apparently there's no English version of it, just German, Russian and Polish and goddamnit, I don't speak any of those.

However, on Underground Gamer there's some talk about a English demo and a link for it... on Fileserve, which obviously does not work anymore.

Anyone has that demo?

trustno1code

Prophet
:necro:

Never knew about the English demo, but ScummVM and Google Summer of Code to the rescue:
ScummVM said:
The source code, and permission to translate the game into English, was provided by the copyright holders. The Prince and the Coward is being integrated into ScummVM and translated into English by the GSoC student lukaslw as part of the GSoC 2014.
Łukasz seems to be doing pretty well, so if any non-potatoes are curious what the Ethan Carter guy was doing (before going full retard turning to FPS's and discovering Dear Esther) that got him kinda cult status among the
tMcw9SD.png
in the 90s, bookmark that (and/or play Teenagent I suppose).

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Jeez, that's a nice surprise, especially with integration into SCUMM since I think it doesn't work on W7? Not sure, though. Doesn't matter now! :salute:

That guy's English doesn't seem to great, though, but oh well...

m_s0

Arcane
:necro:

Never knew about the English demo, but ScummVM and Google Summer of Code to the rescue:
ScummVM said:
The source code, and permission to translate the game into English, was provided by the copyright holders. The Prince and the Coward is being integrated into ScummVM and translated into English by the GSoC student lukaslw as part of the GSoC 2014.
Łukasz seems to be doing pretty well, so if any non-potatoes are curious what the Ethan Carter guy was doing (before going full retard turning to FPS's and discovering Dear Esther) that got him kinda cult status among the
tMcw9SD.png
in the 90s, bookmark that (and/or play Teenagent I suppose).
Or just skip all that popamole and go play Tajemnica statuetki :smug:

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I have no idea whether this game is good or not. Way too much nostalgia. Very fond memories and quite a bit of twists though.

index.php

Arcane
ScummVM said:
The Prince and the Coward gets English translation

After six months of work and the effort of 7 contributors, we are finally happy to announce that we have finished the first version of the English translation for *The Prince and the Coward* or *Książę i Tchórz*. 2,762 script lines with 19,735 words were processed, reviewed and translated.

It is not yet perfect, though, and we need your help, fellow adventurers! ScummVM versions 2.1.x will work, however, there is a problem with displaying inventory item descriptions. Thus, we recommend using the daily build (https://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html).

You need to download the prince_translation.dat file from the following link: (https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/blob/master/dists/engine-data/prince_translation.dat?raw=true) and put it into the ALL/ directory of your game. Then re-detect the game, and make sure it shows ‘w/translation’ in the game description. Only Polish or German game versions can be translated this way, the Russian version requires more effort.

If you encounter any continuity issues, awkward phrases, or typos, feel free to either mention it in the forum post (https://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15125) or submit your improvements directly to the translation server (https://translations.scummvm.org/projects/prince/prince/en/). Use the search capabilities to locate the phrases you would like to improve. Screenshots of the problem or savegames are also welcome if you don’t want to bother with the translation server.

Good luck with your adventures, while most of you still stay at home!

13MP7g4.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom