Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gahahaha, let's play Sengoku Rance! (NSFW)

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
I find the final stage to be quite boring. The whole game is superb and insane hard at times, and most of all, a lot happens. In the end you just conquer the provinces one by one, easy peazy, and the final battle is laughable.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
hoverdog said:
I find the final stage to be quite boring. The whole game is superb and insane hard at times, and most of all, a lot happens. In the end you just conquer the provinces one by one, easy peazy, and the final battle is laughable.

On the harder difficulties even bare survival takes save scumming...

But yeah, the end(s) could've been a bit more epic.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Yeah, probably so, but I can't imagine surviving in the early- and middlegame on hard, so when you accomplish this feat, nothing can stop you!

also, are next playthroughs different (apart from the additional options at startup)? what's the deal with routes - are there any more than [true]route?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
It seems WW finally stopped reading those pulpy space soap opera novels and returned to what can only be described as high art.

:thumbsup:

hoverdog said:
Yeah, probably so, but I can't imagine surviving in the early- and middlegame on hard, so when you accomplish this feat, nothing can stop you!

also, are next playthroughs different (apart from the additional options at startup)? what's the deal with routes - are there any more than [true]route?

There are a total of six routes for the game, and they all activate before the Temple event (where Oda comes out as the Demon King). The beginning is the same with the exception of bonuses you can get using your game clear points, but depending on how you act at the beginning, you can unlock different routes. And the routes are all very different (some more so than others).

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
(where Oda comes out as the Demon King)
Lore check - failed.

It seems WW finally stopped reading those pulpy space soap opera novels and returned to what can only be described as high art.
Actually, the last update was done when I was making transit between Harrington series (finished "War of Honor" and wanted to make a break from it) to Glen Cook's "The Dragon Never Sleeps". Unfortunately I found that book...

wtfamireading.jpg

This book is NOT Military Sci-Fi, hell, it's not even Sci-Fi... it's fucking Fantasy in Space and poorly write at that. For every page I read I feel like I'm missing at least two pages of lore.

Now I'm again back to Harrington :love: "At All Cost".

lightbane

Arcane
So, what does that Cursed Spirit's do? Does it give magical AIDS? Will Rance dare to try to fuck her?

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
He actually tries to fuck her but his companions keep telling him its a bad idea till he forfeits.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
lightbane said:
So, what does that Cursed Spirit's do? Does it give magical AIDS? Will Rance dare to try to fuck her?

By this point, Rance must have built up an immunity to every VD known to man.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Warning!

This update is for:
- pervs
- sick fucks
- people who have blood fetish (JarlFrank)

This update is NOT for:
- pussies
- sissies
- people who aren't familiar with Japan

Either way - Have fun.

---------------------------------------------------
*Between the turn*

So a counter-attack follows.

alcg3112.jpg

I decide to make some modifications to my units (before I forget). I take back the “Working Bee” item from Isoroku and give it to Kenshi.

alcg3113.jpg

This has some unpleasant consequences for her unit. Maria gets “Golden Bear” (Atk +2) which belonged to Kenshi. Now one of our highest level characters has 5AP instead of 3AP.

alcg3114.jpg

ZOMBIES! “Soul Binder” is at work.

alcg3115.jpg

Remember when we were fighting the swastika country? They had those weak peasant units, those infected dudes are basically the same plus one little thing. When they hit you, you lost a certain amount of troops… permanently.

alcg3116.jpg

That’s why first and foremost you eliminate them.

alcg3117.jpg

alcg3118.jpg

Damn it. One got away.

alcg3119.jpg

alcg3120.jpg

Right after that we get another event.

alcg3121.jpg

Strong stuff.

alcg3122.jpg

alcg3123.jpg

alcg3124.jpg

alcg3125.jpg

alcg3126.jpg

Potato!

*Between the turn*
Turn #76

alcg3127.jpg

alcg3128.jpg

alcg3129.jpg

alcg3130.jpg

Humanities destruction terrible? Nah.

alcg3131.jpg

One of my units was chosen randomly to be disabled for this turn because of the Infected-event.

alcg3132.jpg

Anyway, let us get down to business. We pump-up Inukai with affection.

alcg3133.jpg

Now we get this event.

alcg3134.jpg

alcg3135.jpg

So, we have to find this Danjou and make Inukai kill him. He appears at random as an archer unit in one of the enemy armies – if you didn’t noticed there is only one remaining army.

alcg3136.jpg

Level 46, feels good.

alcg3137.jpg

I finally decided it’s high time to reach that 300 fuck level. Our score is currently 280, this will add a few more (normally it’s not known until the next turn).

alcg3138.jpg

We also get an Int manual.

alcg3139.jpg

alcg3140.jpg

alcg3141.jpg

Take note, I don’t know what the other options do.

alcg3142.jpg

alcg3143.jpg

alcg3144.jpg

alcg3145.jpg

Rance is so smart.

alcg3146.jpg

Yes, there is a reason why I choose “more troops” then “+2 lvl”.

alcg3147.jpg

Some additional units for our Goddess of War.

alcg3148.jpg

We use the last Fan to get some action.

alcg3149.jpg

alcg3150.jpg

Feels good to be on the offensive again.

alcg3151.jpg

alcg3152.jpg

alcg3153.jpg

alcg3154.jpg

Dude, seriously. Don’t you have any other hobby that doesn’t make people scream in agony?

alcg3155.jpg

alcg3156.jpg

alcg3157.jpg

alcg3158.jpg

alcg3159.jpg

alcg3160.jpg

alcg3161.jpg

alcg3162.jpg

alcg3163.jpg

alcg3164.jpg

alcg3165.jpg

alcg3166.jpg

alcg3167.jpg

alcg3168.jpg

alcg3169.jpg

alcg3170.jpg

alcg3171.jpg

alcg3172.jpg

alcg3173.jpg

alcg3174.jpg

alcg3175.jpg

alcg3176.jpg

alcg3177.jpg

We also obtained another Int manual thanks to taking the territory.

End of Turn #76

Erebus

Arcane
Demonic incestuous guro... Sometimes, I wonder what it must be like to be a psychiatrist in Japan.

Mrowak

Arcane
WhiskeyWolf said:
Tamagoshi Fuuka...

Take note, I don’t know what the other options do.

I know. C&C biatch.
2Znzz.png

If you don't take Fuuka to the Miko temple now you won't take her ever. This blocks all Natori's events - so you won't learn about Orochi from her or "clear" her character. No cool bossfight in effect :(

On the other hand you will get closer to Fuuka and hence you will be able to learn about her true identity in a different fashion.

Rance will not go for Orochi not wanting to lose her

You will get to clear her.

I learned it the hard way :(

Edit: Edited for better spoilr tags.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Yeah that's one of 2-3 sex scenes I really didn't like. Basically all sex scenes where Rance isn't involved, suck.

lightbane

Arcane
Wow, Xavier is literally an ABSOLUTE evil, souless asshole, certain developers should take some notes when trying to write an evil villain...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom