Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Future Wars - New TBS

Vidder

Liturgist
Next week a new tbs game will be released in Germany: Future Wars.
Seems to be (published?) from the same guys who made Drakensang (Radon Labs)..

I just tried the demo and played through the 5 avail. levels and like it. Maybe the mild anime-like story which guides through the missions is a little bit too much, but the gameplay itself is minimalistically nice.

Demo is english, what do you think?
http://www.gamershell.com/news_92984.html

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Din's Curse. Will download and play it tomorrow.

by taking turn-based strategy gaming away from the micro-management overkill that it has become and using simple, proven rock-paper-scissors principles.

fuu...?

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
On second thought, I didn't like "Advance Wars"... fuck them.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
i liked advance wars and massive assault, but wouldn't describe them as strategy... more like puzzle games.
gonna give this one a spin once it's out. radon labs ain't a bad developer.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
SuicideBunny said:
but wouldn't describe them as strategy... more like puzzle games.
That's why I don't like them, I prefer my strategy of a more open nature.

Black Cat

Magister
I downloaded the demo and stuffies. The game, like, totally tries to be hip and funny and over the top and cool and whimsical and witty and, like, in. Say, the game is trying super dee duper hardy hard to be Gadget Trial, and mega uber hyper totally failing. It's boring, stupid, and its only virtue seems to be inducing an almost constant stream of facepaw during the, like, story segments and try to copy much better games during the gameplay ones, but then there are muchy much better games with the same kind of gameplay and stuffies out there so, like, meh. The art is pure defered success, the units are kind of meh and totally generic, etc. And every now and then the demo bloody blue screen of deaths me, so more meh. Kitty doesn't like, two fluffy ears down, etc.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Vidder said:
what do you think?
buggy piece of shit without any redeeming qualities.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom