Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Future of FPS

Chuftie

Augur
futureoffps.jpg

Discuss :M

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
There is no future.....unless the future is a 500 long corridor, full of respawning fodder that pop up from behind boxes and health regen. In that case the future is NOW!

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I was expecting you to post the second picture in another thread, possibly in GD or another unrelated zone. Would have been funnier.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS BETTER THAN SOME NEWFAG PEACE OF SHIT LIKE ARMA2 FUCKING CONSOLETARD NEWFAG TRASH

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Too many confusing elements, needs more streamlining, and what is this press X to not die thing? The concept of death needs to go.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
NO SHIT NEEDS TO BE LIKE SOME PCTARD MMO SHIT MAKE EVERYTHING NICE AND DUMBED DOWN SO ANY RETARD WHO PLAYS THE SIMS CAN UNDERSTAND IT

Baron

Arcane
Call to arms.

Why doesn't the Codex strive for further infamy and server load? If this is the unholy cesspool I and the wider RPG community believe it to be why don't we coordinate and release more Codexian themed content?

Pick an upcoming game, prepare a theme, and release a scathing vicious little mod like a digital kick in the nuts, one that everyone is bound to download. Not a large mod, no massive project destined to become vaporware. Just a couple of costumes or weapon mods, whatever talents the Codex has at its disposal. A photoshop Friday for modders.

All it would take is a couple of tutorials from those familiar with the target game, to aid the less experienced. List and link to the software to be used, step by step instructions, pre-extracted files to skin or modify. And for 2 - 3 weeks everyone posts what they've accomplished. At the end the best is put into a pack and released. Volume 1.

And not just Nazis vs Trannies. Pick a game to destroy (/ honour) over a couple of days, and kick around some :monocle: themes. Vote on the sucker. Three weeks later pour yourself a large brandy and cheshire grin at the gaming press and official forums.

?

The popular belief around here is that reaching a certain level of infamy/server load simply 4chan-ifies the place more, ultimately leading to a reduction of the level of quality, which is pretty undeniable, even though war against outsiders and Codexian attacks on things people hold dear to heart are some of the best forms of entertainment around here. I would say give it a go and see what happens.

Destroid

Arcane
Do any of those FO:NV new people still post here? Most of the 2010 posters I see seem to have Hivemind Approved opinions.

Baron

Arcane
I dunno Excommunicator, the old guard posts more regurgitated Chan content than new members. Probably a tie on the tired memes though.

Destroid, FO:NV, sure. I guess Skyrim is too far away to aim for. But it's an obvious one, as it will certainly be able to be modded, massive user base, and an RPG. Allows better anachronisms too. From a site point of view, you're advertising to RPG gamers...

I just realised we'd be completing with Cl-ve. Even money on results.

Chuftie

Augur
Baron said:
Call to arms.

Why doesn't the Codex strive for further infamy and server load? If this is the unholy cesspool I and the wider RPG community believe it to be why don't we coordinate and release more Codexian themed content?

Pick an upcoming game, prepare a theme, and release a scathing vicious little mod like a digital kick in the nuts, one that everyone is bound to download. Not a large mod, no massive project destined to become vaporware. Just a couple of costumes or weapon mods, whatever talents the Codex has at its disposal. A photoshop Friday for modders.

All it would take is a couple of tutorials from those familiar with the target game, to aid the less experienced. List and link to the software to be used, step by step instructions, pre-extracted files to skin or modify. And for 2 - 3 weeks everyone posts what they've accomplished. At the end the best is put into a pack and released. Volume 1.

And not just Nazis vs Trannies. Pick a game to destroy (/ honour) over a couple of days, and kick around some :monocle: themes. Vote on the sucker. Three weeks later pour yourself a large brandy and cheshire grin at the gaming press and official forums.

?

I approve of this

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom