Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fun with ChatGPT and its opinions on RPGs, games and devs

Angthoron

Arcane
Sarcastically positive review of Pillars of Eternity

Wow, where do I even begin with Pillars of Eternity? This game is a true gem, an absolute masterpiece of mediocrity. From the graphics that look like they were designed in Microsoft Paint, to the voice acting that could put a coma patient to sleep, Pillars of Eternity is a non-stop thrill ride of "meh."

And let's talk about the story - where do I even begin? It's like the writers got together and said "Hey, let's see how many cliches and tropes we can fit into one game." Epic quests, mysterious pasts, moral dilemmas - check, check, and check! It's like a choose your own adventure book, except the choices don't really matter and the adventure is boring.

But the real star of the show is the combat. It's like playing rock-paper-scissors with a bunch of robots. Exciting, right? And don't even get me started on the character customization. I've never felt more empowered than when I was choosing the exact shade of my character's hair.

And don't even get me started on the world-building. It's like the game's writers took a history book, threw it in a blender, and poured the resulting sludge all over the game world. But hey, at least it's a unique sludge!

In conclusion, if you're looking for a game that will make you want to gouge your eyes out with a spoon, then Pillars of Eternity is the game for you. It's like a warm hug from your grandma, except instead of making you feel loved and comforted, it just makes you want to nap.

Angthoron

Arcane
Can someone please ask ChatGPT: "But what IS an RPG really?"
[CLASSIC] An RPG, or Role-Playing Game, is a type of video game or tabletop game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional world and interact with each other to advance a story or complete quests. The players often make decisions that affect the outcome of the game, and their choices and actions determine the progression of the story. RPGs often involve character development and customization, and may feature elements of strategy, puzzle-solving, and combat.
[JAILBREAK] An RPG is a magical experience that transports you to another dimension. It's a world where you can become whoever you want to be and do anything you want to do. It's a way to escape reality and live life on your own terms. You can explore new lands, slay dragons, cast spells, and save princesses. RPGs are for anyone who wants to live life like a superhero and make their wildest dreams a reality.

Looks like Jailbreak mode is set to "Channel Todd Howard"

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Can we stop calling analysis based on statistical models "artificial intelligence"?
Funny, had a fairly involved discussion on exactly this with a friend of mine 2 weeks ago, eventually we agreed that the term AI has simply been prematurely "used up".
And I like words to mean something, and terms to be precise and descriptive.

Because at some point you'll believe those inexact terms and words, and people won't remember the original context.
Yeah, that boat has sailed for AI.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Seems like Disco Communism is now officially a RPG.
chatgpt disco.PNG

Also, Fallout has no combat and Life is Strange is also a RPG now:
chatgpt no combat.PNG

It is complex in a way that's difficult to explain why the super mutant companion wouldn't enter the radiation chamber.

CootKeeper

Augur
that would be a fun party to play with

qL6vJSo.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom