Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fuck Morrowind!

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
Guard gets stuck near the beginning of the game. Can't get him out of the way to generate my character! Any way to fix this?

roll-a-die

Magister
console(the key by the on on the number line) TCL , move past guard, console, tcl...

catfood

AGAIN
roll-a-die said:
console(the key by the on on the number line) TCL , move past guard, console, tcl...

It's much easier to just type ra which means reset actors. It will reset the NPCs to their original position in the cell.

EDIT: also if you get stuck in the scenery type fixme.

roll-a-die

Magister
Prefer TCL, less likely to utterly fuck scripts up, like both of those will in certain quests, modded and vanilla.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I always use the quick char gen mod now.

There are 4 or 6 variations most of them buggy as hell, but the minimal version is pretty solid.

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
I've actually restarted 5 times. Same thing happened 5 times.

Something is fucked up about the pathfinding. Characters have HUGE hit detection so you can't move around them, and you can't just run into them to bump them out of the way.

I remember playing Morrowind years ago and loving it, but this... this sucks. I don't know how they can pan V:tM-B and then reward Morrowind for the same damned technical deficiencies, including LAAAAGGGG (not an issue now.)! :x

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
ArcturusXIV said:
I've actually restarted 5 times. Same thing happened 5 times.

Something is fucked up about the pathfinding. Characters have HUGE hit detection so you can't move around them, and you can't just run into them to bump them out of the way.

I remember playing Morrowind years ago and loving it, but this... this sucks. I don't know how they can pan V:tM-B and then reward Morrowind for the same damned technical deficiencies, including LAAAAGGGG (not an issue now.)! :x

You've used the "exe optimizer"? I've seen it do fucked up thing to animations before.

Slenkar said:
Blackula said:
do what bethesda fans do and roleplay a prisoner in his cell :smug:
:lol:

12254a885fadccc3b.gif

Chefe

Erudite
What mods are you using?

RA (console command) is so freaking necessary I have no idea how this game can be played on an Xbox.

baronjohn

Cipher
I pretty much did everything ever in Morrowind and used tons of mods, and I never needed any console commands to fix shit.

Panthera

Scholar
baronjohn said:
I pretty much did everything ever in Morrowind and used tons of mods, and I never needed any console commands to fix shit.

In all the hours I put into it, I only needed RA once to fix a quest NPC who fell through the floor, but that was before any of the major patches hit.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
DraQ said:
RA is very useful for fixing the NPCs blocking doorways or having fallen off strider platforms.
Happens to me every time in Balmora, for some reason. It's the only place I've had to resort to RA.

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
Yes, I assumed MOD's might be a problem, but I did like the dynamic lighting effects one mod provided--since a visual game like Morrowind functions essentially on atmosphere (not dialogue) assumed it wouldn't bother polygons that much.. I tried a few other visual optimizations, I guess now it's futile to explain them all. I'll just use a console command! *peace*

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom