Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fuck Dragon Age 3, this thread is now about RPG stat systems

GreatPretender

Educated
First art:

399652968.jpg

399652375.jpg

399651750.jpg

Some info:

Dragon Age 3 contains deeper customization, castles, large levels

Dragon Age 3 will bring back character customization to the series “in a big way,” and some the levels are going to be rather large, according to BioWare.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/10/20/dragon-age-3-to-contain-deeper-customization-castles-large-levels/

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dalish Elf Caravan, Tevinter Ruins, Redcliffe Castle: Snow Edition?

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Laidlaw (?) dismissed rumors about open world game long time ago, right after "taking inspirations from Skyrim" interview.

But at this point EA probably forced them to do a sandbox and add tranny furry assassins.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wait, so does this mean somebody in management realized that casting off the majority of what their audience liked about the first game and turning it into a light hack-and-slash with quests was a bad idea? Because I definitely didn't expect that.

They must know because this

Jon Perry said “one level in Dragon Age 3 is as big as all of the levels in Dragon Age 2.”
DA2 had, what, 5 dungeons? None of which were very big. The city maps weren't very big either. I still find this claim dubious. I thought big levels were too much of a strain for console RAM? This all sounds like back peddling to try and win back the audience that DA2 pissed off.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I've been recently replaying Dragon Age: Origins and found myself having a blast, especially in comparison with other titles on the market.

Then something tempted me and I installed Dragon Age 2.

:what:

What were those people thinking? How from a decent semi-tactical RPG they went to a gigantic clusterfuck, with broken interface, spastic combat and dumbed-down content? I swear even the graphics is far worse.

I'd like to see DA3 reach at least the level of DA:O... but that simply won't happen.

kris

Arcane
Jon Perry said “one level in Dragon Age 3 is as big as all of the levels in Dragon Age 2.”
DA2 had, what, 5 dungeons? None of which were very big. The city maps weren't very big either. I still find this claim dubious. I thought big levels were too much of a strain for console RAM? This all sounds like back peddling to try and win back the audience that DA2 pissed off.

They had one dungeon, you just played it again and again.

visions

Arcane
It seems to be the fortress in that town that was attacked by the undead.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
The porportions on that last winter castle are seriously fucked up

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Wait, so does this mean somebody in management realized that casting off the majority of what their audience liked about the first game and turning it into a light hack-and-slash with quests was a bad idea? Because I definitely didn't expect that.
Now, no one ever said that. It's not going to be a complete backpedal.
a) New engine
b) DA3 is very likely going to be a next-gen launch title considering the fact that they've said it'll be released in winter 2013 (Priestly mentioning they might delay it till early next year if they have to) and that they're not going to talk about any new info until spring 2013 i.e. during E3 when the next-box shit is announced.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
The only real positive I can think of is that they probably could not make a game as bad as Dragon Age 2 ever was even if they tried.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
That's what we said about ME3. Never underestimate Bioware's ability to suck.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
How are they going to introduce co-op into this game? Since EA has now mandated they no longer make single player games.

Sul

Savant
Now, no one ever said that. It's not going to be a complete backpedal.
a) New engine
b) DA3 is very likely going to be a next-gen launch title considering the fact that they've said it'll be released in winter 2013 (Priestly mentioning they might delay it till early next year if they have to) and that they're not going to talk about any new info until spring 2013 i.e. during E3 when the next-box shit is announced.
There'll be no next-gen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom