Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Frustrated with KOTOR2

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Oh my. How the... mighty (?) have, uhm, gone strange. Skyway has changed.

Also, Eyeball cannot into complex characters. Kreia is fine. What the fuck do you want, Jolee Mark II?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
First time I played KOTOR1 I uninstalled the game after the first conversation. Literally. After the first conversation. I still haven't beaten it, I think I was about halfway through.

Glyphwright

Everything that sucks about The Sith Lords has either been designed by Bioware, or cut due to pressure from LucasArts. Obsidian took a completely unfamiliar black-and-white setting bloated with all kinds of utter crap, and made a philosophical story about struggle, meaning, and betrayal out of it, with splendid characters and a moody atmosphere of a gigantic civilization falling apart to pieces. If they had to do it under LucasFarts supervision over an engine written by Biowhore, it's not their fault. Everything created directly by Obsidian (including visuals and music, cue in Sion or Kreia models or the Jedi Enclave theme) is nothing short of tremendous genius, unappreciated by slow-witted herbivore faggots.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Roguey said:
Darth Roxor said:
Roguey said:
I hope the resident KOTOR expert chimes in on this. That fellow who played the first one seven times and the second one four and likely thought it got better each and every time he played it. He'd surely provide a definitive answer.

You bellowed?

You're all right, I meant the bitter, burnt-out remains of this polite and happy-seeming guy.

Motherfucker i almost died of asphyxiation while eating bread

Silellak said:
Roguey said:
Darth Roxor said:
Roguey said:
I hope the resident KOTOR expert chimes in on this. That fellow who played the first one seven times and the second one four and likely thought it got better each and every time he played it. He'd surely provide a definitive answer.

You bellowed?

You're all right, I meant the bitter, burnt-out remains of this polite and happy-seeming guy.
MetalCraze said:
And I completed KotOR... 7 times (YIKES! - but I tend to replay short RPGs that many times)
Exploding-head.gif

MetalCraze said:
KotOR1 was a fairy-tale too. It was a good game to spend some time on, especially when you need some "romantic" story
Exploding-head.gif
Exploding-head.gif
Exploding-head.gif
Exploding-head.gif
Exploding-head.gif

WHAT? I almost had a heart attack :lol:

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I TOLD YOU GUYS ABOUT THIS!!!!

His gushing over KotOR 2 in some early threads is particularly funny.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Let's not forget that skyway voted NWN1 and Fable as great RPGs once upon a time (if memory serves). It was only his time here that destroyed him...

racofer

Thread Incliner
It's interesting that me, in contrast, have started liking what I once called popamole in the course of my Codex life :smug:

You guys literally broke me, or just allowed my true self to blossom like a colorful butterfly :sma:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Glyphwright said:
Everything that sucks about The Sith Lords has either been designed by Bioware, or cut due to pressure from LucasArts. Obsidian took a completely unfamiliar black-and-white setting bloated with all kinds of utter crap, and made a philosophical story about struggle, meaning, and betrayal out of it, with splendid characters and a moody atmosphere of a gigantic civilization falling apart to pieces. If they had to do it under LucasFarts supervision over an engine written by Biowhore, it's not their fault. Everything created directly by Obsidian (including visuals and music, cue in Sion or Kreia models or the Jedi Enclave theme) is nothing short of tremendous genius, unappreciated by slow-witted herbivore faggots.

How did I miss Liberal posting something I fully agree with?

1eyedking

Erudite
Silellak said:
Roguey said:
Darth Roxor said:
Roguey said:

You bellowed?

MetalCraze said:
And I completed KotOR... 7 times (YIKES! - but I tend to replay short RPGs that many times)
Exploding-head.gif

MetalCraze said:
KotOR1 was a fairy-tale too. It was a good game to spend some time on, especially when you need some "romantic" story
Exploding-head.gif
Exploding-head.gif
Exploding-head.gif
Exploding-head.gif
Exploding-head.gif
Hoooooly Mother of God...

Kz3r0

Arcane
commie said:
Glyphwright said:

How did I miss Liberal posting something I fully agree with?
I almost feel guilty to having him in ignore now.

TNO

Augur
I really liked KOTOR2. But I can see why it was irritating.

As Liberal has already said, it was basically a long exercise in poking fun at the SW universe. The plot (as planned) would have worked well, and the characterization is excellent (cf. Atton, Kreia, Visas). Unfortunately, this was the only bits that really worked. This is part due to cuts (the influence system didn't really work all that well, although a very good idea) but also because of flawed design. I'm pretty certain you could win KOTOR2 on normal by getting the game to create your character, letting it autoattack, and autolevelling. I'd still recommend playing over the LP - theres enough depth in the C&C to warrant it.

racofer said:
It's interesting that me, in contrast, have started liking what I once called popamole in the course of my Codex life :smug:

You guys literally broke me, or just allowed my true self to blossom like a colorful butterfly :sma:

At a guess, Skyway recently entered his teens and you, around about that time, left your teens? Not trying to imply that you become more understanding after that point. Just that getting angry takes too much energy.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Getting angry cost me my gallbladder already, and I'm not even 30 years old :(

I will never be very angry about something ever again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom